When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I really don't know why people ignored the *at the earliest so much.

Sums it up. Wasn't the positive rate for the Liverpool gig 10%?, if so that's 600 from 6000 turned away. Added to that our vaccine roll out overall has been awful.

My answer to do with the pilot results of positives is they aren't. Are we going to have people turning up to be turned away even with refunds for every event. The disappointment for those people.

This basically. Exactly this. The testing they are using has proved to not be anywhere close to as reliable as they would want it. It's vaccine plus 3 weeks but yea you are on the right lines. 

You should be looking at basically no deaths for total normality.

So if one person with multiple comorbidities dies, but happened to test positive as an inpatient, we should remain in lock down? 🤣

2 hours ago, Rex2 said:

Luckily my gym has no mask wearing and that tape has gone from the floor along with the requirement to wipe down every piece of equipment after use. Currently a haven of normality. 

At the peak I was 100% behind restrictions and feel at times we should have gone further. What they're suggesting after June is madness

Nothing to do with Covid, but people who don't wipe down their sweaty machines/weights after use are disgusting.

There's always been a rule to wipe equipment down after use in my gym (not always adhered to mind you).

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Boom

Where’s the boom? Indoor events won’t have capacity restrictions but will have masks enforced and outdoors stadium events will have capacity restrictions because although they’re allowed to operate at full capacity they don’t want the pubs and restaurants filling up in the local areas. 

Doesn’t sound like the last step of a roadmap to me. 

17 minutes ago, JB15 said:

Whilst I get it, I’m pretty gutted if sports grounds can’t get much beyond 25-50% capacity by mid summer. 

As long as they can be full come the start of next season. (Brighton season ticket holder)

Edited by Mellotr0n

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We are ahead of schedule so that's good enough for me. Describing it as awful is a real stretch. 

Also not sure if it was aimed at me, but no toys being thrown out of the pram here - just questioning one of your statements.

It's quite a take thinking that vaccine rollout has been awful here. Considering that there is a finite amount of the stuff and many parts of the world are desperate for it we seem to be doing remarkably well. Infact I would argue too well and some of this stuff should be going into arms elsewhere...

28 minutes ago, Rex2 said:

So if one person with multiple comorbidities dies, but happened to test positive as an inpatient, we should remain in lock down? 🤣

No but I mean in the general sense of it all between 1 and 3 daily I reckon. There is a difference between lockdown though and open with restrictions. I get the whole be positive etc but then you have everyone who's like that isn't correct for the 21st June like it was gospel.

There is a whole world out there apart from efestivals who will seemingly risk everything to get where they want. Based on these pilot events, you would currently have Reading Festival with an average of 9k people turned away.

21 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Where’s the boom? Indoor events won’t have capacity restrictions but will have masks enforced and outdoors stadium events will have capacity restrictions because although they’re allowed to operate at full capacity they don’t want the pubs and restaurants filling up in the local areas. 

Doesn’t sound like the last step of a roadmap to me. 

It won't be. Stadiums aren't allowed to operate full capacity are they? The pubs will be no different wether it's full or 22k in there.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We are ahead of schedule so that's good enough for me. Describing it as awful is a real stretch. 

Also not sure if it was aimed at me, but no toys being thrown out of the pram here - just questioning one of your statements.

I'm getting my 2nd jab on Friday. If you'd told me 12 months ago that I'd be fully vaccinated within a year, I'd have been amazed!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you? Other than the last week of March, overall doses have been higher in April than March. All that's happened is that second doses have kicked in.

They really haven't. The proof is there. 350k approx down to about 100k

Screenshot_20210503-112313_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-112245_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210503-112258_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

There is no boom... this is all a fucking disaster for the economy.

If you consider the poll I did and the fact only 65% said they would wear a mask to attend a gig then live entertainment is in serious trouble.  They can't operate with a 35% drop off either because of capacity restrictions or because masks have  been enforced.

You read these studies and conclusions and its like they think we haven't protected pretty much the entire vulnerable population and we dont have a plan to vaccinate the rest come end of July.

This is barmy.

And the worst part is this is the pre election “good news” leaks. 
The reality is probably even worse. 

Either that or they’re selling us bad news so that they can bring in vaccine passports for a full return to normality and everybody laps it up. 

As june 21 approaches its going to be fascinating to see what does and doesnt end up getting allowed / restricted and the public’s reaction to it.

like it or not vast swathes of people now expect everything back to normal on 21 june.

They always set themselves up for failure re dates. But if they can say with certainty once everyone is vaccinated we open that will placate me and, i expect, most people. 

Masks at gigs will never take off in this country and i doubt it is something being given serious consideration. Even in cinema / theatre loads will take them off once seated. Like it or not they are annoying to have on for more than about 15 mins and people who have been vaccinated mostly wont comply. Why should they? Vaccines are the way out and there should be no restrictions of any kind once theyre all done

Edited by Memory Man

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

They know the reality of enforced masks on foot fall.

Yep. They are not sustainable long term especially into august once everyone is vaccinated. They need to become voluntary everywhere (apart from hospitals/doctors) once the vax programme is complete (or as good as complete)

i would still consider wearing one on public transport for a short trip but whist im in the middle of doing something i enjoy (gigging, clubs, eating drinking) no way as it impacts my enjoyment too much

Edited by Memory Man

13 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

And the worst part is this is the pre election “good news” leaks. 
The reality is probably even worse. 

Either that or they’re selling us bad news so that they can bring in vaccine passports for a full return to normality and everybody laps it up. 

The one saving grace here could be that those who they are targeting with stories like that are not necessarily those of us who want lives back, but their voter base who are older and it seems more fearful of those things happening. So for them this IS good news to balance out the test events which fill them with fear and anxiety

The real truth, whatever it is, will come out in next Sunday's papers. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Just wondering if there is a thread around these parts where people don't get butt hurt and chuck their toys out the pram and comments with opinions that differ from there's. 

How come as soon as someone points out that a "different opinion" might not be based on a full understanding of the data they get called "butt hurt". 

It's called debate, take part in it don't just throw insults around.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's first dose data. We've been doing over half a million total doses every day:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Screenshot_20210503-114734.png

I haven't disputed the 2nd dose data though. What I'm saying is as much as the 2nd dose is all well and good. The people that have had them aren't attending events in the majority.

To say it's been terrible isn't probably the right choice of words. What meant is that it's going very slow on the yet to be covered people. The people that need to be covered for events coming up in the next couple of months for July events if any get the go ahead.

So to confirm yes the second rollout has been very good to cover the older generation.

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

How come as soon as someone points out that a "different opinion" might not be based on a full understanding of the data they get called "butt hurt". 

It's called debate, take part in it don't just throw insults around.

I do take part in it though and I've been open to views on here. But as soon as you have one that negatively goes against others that's it.

There is nothing wrong with what I have said in opinion for the events etc other than people don't want to hear it.

I have pointed out very clearly that as much as I agree with other people's views I don't see why mine is always discorouged as that is the case so bear that in mind before you slate my views.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I haven't disputed the 2nd dose data though. What I'm saying is as much as the 2nd dose is all well and good. The people that have had them aren't attending events in the majority.

To say it's been terrible isn't probably the right choice of words. What meant is that it's going very slow on the yet to be covered people. The people that need to be covered for events coming up in the next couple of months for July events if any get the go ahead.

So to confirm yes the second rollout has been very good to cover the older generation.

You do realise you tried to refute me saying doses only appeared to have gone down because of second doses by showing an unlabelled chart of first dose only data?

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You do realise you tried to refute me saying doses only appeared to have gone down because of second doses by showing an unlabelled chart of first dose only data?

All I shown was the proof of March and April first dose comparisons which is what I was getting it.

But when I think of the other side of it. While the 1st doses has gone down a lot it obviously is important to make every as safe as can be for the more vulnerable so there is an element on both sides I think which I'm happy to accept there.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

All I shown was the proof of March and April first dose comparisons which is what I was getting it.

But when I think of the other side of it. While the 1st doses has gone down a lot it obviously is important to make every as safe as can be for the more vulnerable so there is an element on both sides I think which I'm happy to accept there.

And second doses have quite a decent effect on cutting transmission too.

43 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And second doses have quite a decent effect on cutting transmission too.

Yes but a second dose in a 60 year old isn't doing much for an 18 year old.

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The numbers I saw represented a small increase.  Most the work is done by the first dose 

Yes.