When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Can't we be happy that we getting back to the things we missed in life, like the event from Liverpool in the Tweet? The people there look like they are having a great time and soon we can be doing the same in events we all love. 

The issue is that the doom mongers feel the need to have a social media outcry instead of just live and let live 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

There was me thinking the govt got advised by Real sage …. And then made decisions to take their advice or not ? Why would they ignore them and take advice from others outside this group ? 

Because no one scientist or group of scientists has a monopoly of all knowledge. Much of their advise is to interpret figures and model projections. So the assumptions they put into their models isn’t science, it is estimates based on scientific thought. Much of science isn’t certain, it’s not black and white, and some models are proven right some are shown to be incorrect.

So it’s sensible to seek alternative opinions if in doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Because no one scientist or group of scientists has a monopoly of all knowledge. Much of their advise is to interpret figures and model projections. So the assumptions they put into their models isn’t science, it is estimates based on scientific thought. Much of science isn’t certain, it’s not black and white, and some models are proven right some are shown to be incorrect.

So it’s sensible to seek alternative opinions if in doubt. 

Like Rufus Spivey Green.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Looks like all of fake SAGE agree that last night trial event was DANGEROUS

A good take down on fake SAGE here

As you know I’m not a fan of the whole “FAKE SAGE” shtik but it’s hard not to hold them in absolute contempt when they post about needing to get the “consent of contacts”, or that people are “human guinea pigs” for going to a nightclub, or that the tests events are unacceptable because the “risk is not zero”. The logic is inherently flawed in all of these cases. 

It dogma not reality. They are extremists in their approach to the virus and risk. We have to tolerate some risk in our lives to give them meaning, purpose and enjoyment.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Done!

Glad we are united in our resistance to indie sage

Nice one 👊🏻

However people want to label them, a constructive opposing view backed by data is essential. But we're not talking about an illegal rave on the M25, it was an officially sanctioned and controlled event. It's not so much the analysis of the tweets and articles, it's the tone, full of sensationalism and scaremongering. Just give it a rest for one day and let the kids dance. 

Let's see what the results are in the coming days and weeks. It could be the turning point that defines our summer...

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I do wish this had a live stream … quite honestly for an event of its importance it ought to …. 

Do you know what, that would have been a good idea.

Might have helped those with anxiety in terms of showing them what life used to be like etc.

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I can only imagine what the Fatboy Slim show is going to be like tonight. Love him or hate him, no one puts on a party like Norm. Gonna have some serious FOMO tonight 

I'll be more jealous tomorrow when the live music happened but the rave did look amazing last night! 

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

As you know I’m not a fan of the whole “FAKE SAGE” shtik but it’s hard not to hold them in absolute contempt when they post about needing to get the “consent of contacts”, or that people are “human guinea pigs” for going to a nightclub, or that the tests events are unacceptable because the “risk is not zero”. The logic is inherently flawed in all of these cases. 

It dogma not reality. They are extremists in their approach to the virus and risk. We have to tolerate some risk in our lives to give them meaning, purpose and enjoyment.

it's risks to others though, isn't it? That was the whole thing about managing risk with this virus...it is not personal risk.

I guess some of those scientists would prefer all adults vaccinated before we do these mass event experiments....and we're not far away from actually reaching that.

But, saying that...most elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated...so yeah, let them party, they've been through enough the horrible little scamps.

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it's risks to others though, isn't it? That was the whole thing about managing risk with this virus...it is not personal risk.

I guess some of those scientists would prefer all adults vaccinated before we do these mass event experiments....and we're not far away from actually reaching that.

But, saying that...most elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated...so yeah, let them party, they've been through enough the horrible little scamps.

It is, but the risk to others is absolutely tiny at this point given the level of vaccination in the U.K as you point out.  The possibility of any transmission taking place through these test events is portrayed as placing lives at risk, when we know that the link between cases-hospitalisations-deaths has been broken. 

We can’t and shouldn’t aim for zero risk for anything in life. Caution has consequences.

• Upvote 2