When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Luckily, it is coming back soon. We've been at this over a year and most things are opening in 4 weeks. That's soon.

Most things are open now in some form and we are still staying on top of the virus. It’s great that cases haven’t risen much (if at all) and shows we are in a really good position to carry on opening up.

Maybe if comments from Indy SAGE wind people up they shouldn’t look for comments from those people?

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Maybe if comments from Indy SAGE wind people up they shouldn’t look for comments from those people?

I think it winds people up because these people present themselves as experts and people follow and believe in what they say. They also have a fantastic habit of actually influencing policy and public opinion. If they can get a viral tweet going about why there should be another lockdown the media picks it up and the government is pressured.

Edited by Matt42

13 hours ago, balti-pie said:

The Trolls in the t+c fields though, surely? That’s pretty much my favourite hug of the year! (And the moment my mate finally started seeing what all the fuss was about on his very first morning in the festival, the first thing we did was take him for some Troll lovin’) 

There are enough Trolls in this thread without me having to hug them in the t & c fields as well! 😄

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

For anyone thinking the uk vaccination rollout has been impressive. Just check out the USA which did 220,0000,000jabs in 100 days. And that's without the benefit of a centralised health system. 

Tbf helps when they through loads of money at it and get exclusive deals for vaccines!

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

For anyone thinking the uk vaccination rollout has been impressive. Just check out the USA which did 220,0000,000jabs in 100 days. And that's without the benefit of a centralised health system. 

Yes and they’ve allowed it to anyone 18+

Probably worth mentioning too as a footnote that Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J are made inside the USA.

+ They subsidised the vaccine and made it free for all Americans.

Edited by Matt42

44 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Most things are open now in some form and we are still staying on top of the virus. It’s great that cases haven’t risen much (if at all) and shows we are in a really good position to carry on opening up.

Most things? Most indoors things aren't open, only the shops. The pubs may be "some form", but not in the form with significant risk.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Most things? Most indoors things aren't open, only the shops. The pubs may be "some form", but not in the form with significant risk.

Oh yeah I can appreciate that from a risk perspective as inside mixing in pubs isn't allowed but at least those pubs are open and we can do a bit more. 

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Who dreams this shit up 

this is who...

Professor Dame Theresa Marteau of the University of Cambridge, a behavioural scientist and member of Sage, is chairing the scientific group overseeing the test events. In a scientific paper published just before they began, she argued it would be essential to create “new norms” for sports and music fans. “While it is a basic norm of many sports crowds that people express passionate support for their team, and without that the whole activity has little meaning . . . it may be possible to develop new and distinctive ways of expressing that passion (stamping, clapping, etc) that are of lower risk than shouting or singing,” she wrote.

that simply isn't going to happen..  deluded  silver spoon dame 

She's actually a moron

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just wait until we approach winter 2021. Fake SAGE will pressure another lockdown. They are probably marking up their calendars in anticipation!

Yeah they will miss their interview slots on Peston

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

There was me thinking the govt got advised by Real sage …. And then made decisions to take their advice or not ? Why would they ignore them and take advice from others outside this group ? 

Social media / media pressure

All it takes is a few indie SAGE talking heads on GMB, BBC News, or whatever media and people will get scared again.

That thread explains it beautifully. 

Can't we be happy that we getting back to the things we missed in life, like the event from Liverpool in the Tweet? The people there look like they are having a great time and soon we can be doing the same in events we all love. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Can't we be happy that we getting back to the things we missed in life, like the event from Liverpool in the Tweet? The people there look like they are having a great time and soon we can be doing the same in events we all love. 

I'm looking forward to articles about how it was a success and nobody caught Covid. 

People without Covid allowed to event. People at said event didn't catch Covid. Shocker! 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm not on Twitter but if someone could go onto Twitter for me and "like" every single one of those posts, that would be great

Done!

Glad we are united in our resistance to indie sage

Edited by Matt42

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Oh I agree! It was fake SAGE who said it was dangerous, not us!

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought you were better than this ad hominem nonsense Matt.

Sorta but also not 

I’m really just excited things are getting better and we should hopefully this will no longer be a pressing concern on people’s daily life!

Edited by Matt42