When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Vaccinated people "Up to 50% less likely to pass on the virus" - that's come down. Would make testing more of a realistic option than vaccine passports (internally) if that is where the numbers end up

It's up to 50% after 1 dose. Will be higher after the second dose.

Shapps revealed that Britain is working on using the existing National Health Service coronavirus app to show that people have received their Covid-19 vaccine for international travel.

“It will be the NHS app that is used for people when they book appointments with the NHS ... to be able to show that you’ve had a vaccine or that you’ve had testing, and I’m working internationally with partners across the world, to make sure that that system can be internationally recognised,” he said.

My friend’s mum works in a pharmacy and her colleague came in the other day WITH covid symptoms. How you can do that after a whole year of this thing blows my mind. Lo and behold she indeed had covid.

So despite being vaccinated (one dose), my friends mum has caught it and passed it on to my friend and his gf and they now all have covid. The one dose that the mum has seems to have been enough to stop symptoms and she feels fine.

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

My friend’s mum works in a pharmacy and her colleague came in the other day WITH covid symptoms. How you can do that after a whole year of this thing blows my mind. Lo and behold she indeed had covid.

So despite being vaccinated (one dose), my friends mum has caught it and passed it on to my friend and his gf and they now all have covid. The one dose that the mum has seems to have been enough to stop symptoms and she feels fine.

It is clear that covid will always be a part of our life from now but it will be like other diseases. So with vaccination we can change the course of the disease to a rather mild one and most of all that it is not deadly anymore.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think as the virus becomes less of a problem in people’s day to day lives people will either just stay at hone or ignore it if they get symptoms.

One thing I’d like to see the government being a bit more honest about is, what does post June 21st look like? They seem to have some ideas if they are employing covid marshals and Wimbledon is only selling tickets at 25% capacity. 

Yet again, they need to treat us like adults but don’t. Everyone is making plans and spending hard earned money to organise things for the summer (which is what they want even if things don’t open fully) but it’s surely time to just give a view of their plans. It’s not fair in individuals or consumers 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JB15 said:

One thing I’d like to see the government being a bit more honest about is, what does post June 21st look like? They seem to have some ideas if they are employing covid marshals and Wimbledon is only selling tickets at 25% capacity. 

Yet again, they need to treat us like adults but don’t. Everyone is making plans and spending hard earned money to organise things for the summer (which is what they want even if things don’t open fully) but it’s surely time to just give a view of their plans. It’s not fair in individuals or consumers 

I didn't realise Wimbledon was only 25% capacity. So definitely social distancing still happening then, despite how some have interpreted the vague statements about it so far.

I guess they have to wait and see to some extent but it would be good to have some kind of scenario laid out. I.e. if x criteria are met then this can happen, if not then this etc.

1 minute ago, JB15 said:

Seems pointless. Whats the point of the vaccines if Big Brother is still trying to keep us locked up?

Any jobsworth tryign to tell me what to do post June 21st will get an earful

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I didn't realise Wimbledon was only 25% capacity. So definitely social distancing still happening then, despite how some have interpreted the vague statements about it so far.

I guess they have to wait and see to some extent but it would be good to have some kind of scenario laid out. I.e. if x criteria are met then this can happen, if not then this etc.

TBF the organisors have said it 'May be'. i think everyone is going to wait for the social distancing review

4 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

I mean “lets just keep an eye on the variants” is hardly an extreme position, but best practice that all sensible countries will be taking.

Its more her saying how the variants probably dont work with the vaccines, for which there isnt any evdience.

16 minutes ago, JB15 said:

I think we’ll get more of that after the elections on May 6th and also after step 3 with indoor mixing being allowed. It’s too soon to say as I feel step 3 is the big one, if we can get through that with minimal impact then it should be ok.

The other suggestion is of course to treat us like adults and say this is what will happen if...

But they don’t tend to like that approach. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Obviously great news that over 30s are eligible for vaccines but can't help feel this is a logistical misstep. 

Agreed, they don't even have the hands to hold the syringe, plus they eat too much fish

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

TBF the organisors have said it 'May be'. i think everyone is going to wait for the social distancing review

Yep, it is a maybe but it’s what they’re currently planning for. 

I won’t lie, it’s mainly because I have my wedding and various days of cricket I have tickets for that I want to know what’s going on, but I can’t be alone. 

If you treat people like adults, they’ll largely behave like them, but the government just don’t seem to trust us