When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Jeez, this was from last year. Really must have hit a nerve....

And that's nonsense what you've written. The discussion was about whether over 80s have access to an email address.

Was nothing to do with appointments.

You jumped down my throat when I wrote that over 80s generally had access to an email address. I then provided stats that showed this was the case.

It was a fucking boring conversation that only took place because of your aggression and insistence that you know everything.

Email addresses apologies, not texts. But it was in relation to vaccine appointments. And I was, and have been proven to be right on that.

Also, it is constantly you who thinks you know everything lol. Yesterday you were giving nonsense reasons about why mask wearing outdoors is a good idea despite anyone with sense telling you it's a pointless idea.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Basically this - funny how they can't see how their wants and opinions matter for nothing in terms of Boris staying or going 🙂 

I’m not a Labour activist or even a member of the Labour Party. I do want him to go but I can also see how these recent stories could lead to Johnson leaving office.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Email addresses apologies, not texts. But it was in relation to vaccine appointments. And I was, and have been proven to be right on that.

Also, it is constantly you who thinks you know everything lol. Yesterday you were giving nonsense reasons about why mask wearing outdoors is a good idea despite anyone with sense telling you it's a pointless idea.

It's called a difference of opinion.

It's not nonsense to think mask wearing outside is on balance a good idea.

Indeed more than 50 countries have decided this is sensible.

29 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Anyone with the smallest understanding of politics understands what happens...

• Spain wears masks...
  • Noisy idiots in the UK say well if Spain are wearing masks shouldn't we be wearing masks...
  • Political pressure grows so they implement mask wearing despite the science saying its pointless but it makes them look like they are doing the right thing...
  • Noisy idiots in the USA start saying well if they are wearing them in the UK and Spain shouldn't we be wearing them....
  • REPEAT

That is exactly how it happened (minus the order of the countries)

You forgot the bit where the noisy idiots in America started wearing multiple masks at the same time 

2 hours ago, august1 said:

so-called mask? my brain hurts processing that one. When is a mask not a mask but a so-called mask?

There is no requirement to wear a “mask” in any setting in the UK apart from in a hospital.

The correct term, as I’ve said again and again, is “face covering”.

A mask is just one item that you can choose to wear as a form of face covering. A home made DIY face covering is also valid. 

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

It's really not so very difficult to comprehend.

Everything was pointing towards capacity (needs to be for it to be profitable) no social distancing indoor concerts happening much later in the year.

If they can now take place earlier with an interim maskwearing phase, then let that happen for those who are up for that.

To all the moaners, no one is forcing you to attend...

(oh and the concert rate of infection from the concert was 131 cases per 100,000 inhabitants when at the same time, Catalonia's overall rate was 259 per 100,000.)

While it’s obviously true that nobody is forcing you to go to something while the pandemic is still rumbling on, it’s not as straightforward when it comes to gigs as it is for something like going to the pub, is it?

For all you know, your favourite band might not come back to your town for years. They might break up before they even tour anywhere again for all you know. So you can’t just say ‘I’ll wait until next year’ because that specific event won’t exist then.

I don’t think it’s right to label people moaners for being put in a position where they have to accept a compromised experience (whether masks or designated drinking areas or whatever) or miss out possibly forever, when in fact these compromises are unnecessary in a population with all of the vulnerable vaccinated and herd immunity on the horizon. Plus of course the point made upthread that if you bought a ticket to a gig that was originally in 2020 but is now in 2021 with restrictions, you can’t get a refund.

6 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

While it’s obviously true that nobody is forcing you to go to something while the pandemic is still rumbling on, it’s not as straightforward when it comes to gigs as it is for something like going to the pub, is it?

For all you know, your favourite band might not come back to your town for years. They might break up before they even tour anywhere again for all you know. So you can’t just say ‘I’ll wait until next year’ because that specific event won’t exist then.

I don’t think it’s right to label people moaners for being put in a position where they have to accept a compromised experience (whether masks or designated drinking areas or whatever) or miss out possibly forever, when in fact these compromises are unnecessary in a population with all of the vulnerable vaccinated and herd immunity on the horizon. Plus of course the point made upthread that if you bought a ticket to a gig that was originally in 2020 but is now in 2021 with restrictions, you can’t get a refund.

All very fair points.

My mention of moaners was uniquely targeted at the two or three people on here, who act as though being told to wear a mask in a few situations is some form of tyrannical human rights abuse.

Instead of accepting what it is - a health measure that has helped reduce covid cases around the world during a global pandemic - and not worth getting so het up about. Ultimately it's just a bit of harmless cloth.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

All very fair points.

My mention of moaners was uniquely targeted at the two or three people on here, who act as though being told to wear a mask in a few situations is some form of tyrannical human rights abuse.

Instead of accepting what it is - a health measure that has helped reduce covid cases around the world during a global pandemic - and not worth getting so het up about. Ultimately it's just a bit of harmless cloth.

iq286y97-1280.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56899764

"Researchers in Spain have found "no sign" of higher levels of infection among people who took part in a large test concert last month.

Six people tested positive within 14 days of attending the gig in Barcelona, but the incidence was lower than that seen in the general population.

Around 5,000 music fans took part in the experiment after testing negative for Covid-19."