When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The constant messaging telling people to wait for a text is madness!  Lots don't understand you can just go on the national website to book one yourself and you don't have to wait for the GP to send a text.  

Probably as the supply isnt in yet, so making people aware they will be called soon - but without over running the online system when slots arent yet available. 

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Their models probably need to be updated. Restrctions will cause more misery going fowards

these would be epidemiological models, not business models.....but I'm sure Johnson takes all of them into account...infact I expect he would rather see dead bodies piled high then have further restrictions this summer.

Edited by steviewevie

Indoor gigs with no social distancing can be sufficiently safe - now with proof from a concert in Barcelona last month

"Only 6 people tested positive within two weeks following the 5,000 person concert. Of these 6 cases, medical professionals have been able to establish that 4 were not infected at the March 27 event, while the origin of the other 2 remains undetermined.

People had to wear masks and take a cheap test beforehand but they didn't have to social distance.

That should now be the template for the first phase of gigs.

Just now, xxialac said:

Indoor gigs with no social distancing can be sufficiently safe - now with proof from a concert in Barcelona last month

"Only 6 people tested positive within two weeks following the 5,000 person concert. Of these 6 cases, medical professionals have been able to establish that 4 were not infected at the March 27 event, while the origin of the other 2 remains undetermined.

People had to wear masks and take a cheap test beforehand but they didn't have to social distance.

That should now be the template for the first phase of gigs.

Preferably without the so-called masks.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Then the conclusions from the study would have zero scientific basis...

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Then the conclusions from the study would have zero scientific basis...

We'll get the data from that after Blossoms on Sunday. If that leads to a spike in cases then we can conclude that so-called "masks" are needed.

It's really not so very difficult to comprehend.

Everything was pointing towards capacity (needs to be for it to be profitable) no social distancing indoor concerts happening much later in the year.

If they can now take place earlier with an interim maskwearing phase, then let that happen for those who are up for that.

To all the moaners, no one is forcing you to attend...

(oh and the concert rate of infection from the concert was 131 cases per 100,000 inhabitants when at the same time, Catalonia's overall rate was 259 per 100,000.)

Just now, Paul ™ said:

It's in a big top

Apologies if I've got that wrong. I just read that it was 'outside'. Does big top not mean some ventilation?

I see they are doing it with PCR tests.

Arguably that also won't be a template for future events as they're too expensive, whereas the Barcelona one used cheap and rapid antigen tests

19 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

We'll get the data from that after Blossoms on Sunday. If that leads to a spike in cases then we can conclude that so-called "masks" are needed.

If there's a spike after that then anything with crowds is out indefintiely- it would show testing doesn't work so I doubt we'd be allowed even with masks. So few cases we'd have to be seriously unlucky for people to catch it there 

Currently more 'yeses' than 'nos' for whether people would wear a mask if it was a temporary requirement for a gig.

And in other parts of the world that is the requirement...and they're selling out.

Big difference in acceptability between wearing it for 2 hours indoors (gig/match/play etc) and wearing it all day outdoors (festival) IMO.

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Again from the Times

A review of social distancing is due to report on whether restrictions such as the “one-metre-plus” rule will need to be maintained beyond the summer.

Which is the death knell for all festivals, clubs and busy bars if they decide to play cautious.

I wonder if there will be further dates on the roadmap added for things like the removal of this guidance. 

Although as it stands cases still going down it might not be needed.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Apologies if I've got that wrong. I just read that it was 'outside'. Does big top not mean some ventilation?

I see they are doing it with PCR tests.

Arguably that also won't be a template for future events as they're too expensive, whereas the Barcelona one used cheap and rapid antigen tests

I think FR have been really clever there by using the tent for this gig - with most festivals having both fully outdoor and indoor stages this moves it along slightly quicker (if the assumption is that proper outdoors with testing is safe by default) and could help see decisions made before the insurance cut off for some

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Currently more 'yeses' than 'nos' for whether people would wear a mask if it was a temporary requirement for a gig.

And in other parts of the world that is the requirement...and they're selling out.

Big difference in acceptability between wearing it for 2 hours indoors (gig/match/play etc) and wearing it all day outdoors (festival) IMO.

I think all day outdoors is impractical because of the weather - their effectiveness drops when wet so if it rains what do you do? Just keep a pointless wet mask on all day?

Also how much do bar takings contribute to profits? 

So today I was able to book my covid vaccination but the only options they gave were over 20 miles away. Surely they could give you nearer options but have the date be further away. I don't drive so there's no way I could get to the places they were showing. It says to check back but now when I go back in it says because you didn't attend your appointment. I never had an appointment to attend!!

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think all day outdoors is impractical because of the weather - their effectiveness drops when wet so if it rains what do you do? Just keep a pointless wet mask on all day?

Also how much do bar takings contribute to profits? 

Am not suggesting for a minute that masks should be worn for outdoor concerts later in the year, especially if people are tested beforehand.

Indoors is where the difficulties lie and will do for some time.