When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Memory is so weird. I have strong, definite memories of watching footage of The Velvet Underground at Glastonbury in 1993 on Channel 4, I remember the corrugated Pyramid stage clearly. Not camcorder footage, broadcast quality.

But it seems like maybe I didn't at all? God knows.

Was that the year when that "Glastonbury the movie" was recorded? Quite a lot of pro footage of bands on that if I remember correctly. An early song or two from The Verve included! 

This one http://glastonburythemovie.com/

Edited by efcfanwirral

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Was that the year when that "Glastonbury the movie" was recorded? Quite a lot of pro footage of bands on that if I remember correctly. An early song or two from The Verve included! 

This one http://glastonburythemovie.com/

Hmm, I think it might have been. @fatyeti24 you've got the extended version of this film - did it have any Velvets stuff that you remember?

Edit: just realised I posted on the wrong thread!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

19 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I don’t understand it. We are so close to the end of lockdown. What are they playing at?

And how come the police seem happy to let these gatherings take place now? It wasn’t like this at the Sarah Everard vigil a few weeks back.

The law has changed since then. If veiled criticism is to be handed out  then then let's at least make it accurately reflect the prevailing laws and regulation. It was a legal demo. After this demo concluded the real hard line nutters kicked off in Hyde park .

Edited by Copperface

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Vaccination update:

Screenshot 2021-04-25 at 17.15.58.png

A really high day for overall vaccine numbers, especially given the data excludes Scotland today. If they perform roughly in line with recent days could boost the overall total by around 55k

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Could be linked to this?

What's the point we're not allowed it for a billion years from now 

I don't give a shit about the vaccine I just don't want to test every fucking gig I wanna go to. 

Is the first vaccine enough to get the ol' passport?

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, priest17 said:

What's the point we're not allowed it for a billion years from now 

I don't give a shit about the vaccine I just don't want to test every fucking gig I wanna go to. 

Is the first vaccine enough to get the ol' passport?

Yep, younger people will take the vaccine when they are offered it. I’m sure most would rather hear about when that offer would come rather than being lectured about something so far they’ve had no control over.

Have you seen Disney are doing a UK-based cruise but if you want to go, you have to be “fully vaccinated” (not show proof of a negative test). I get the reasons why - and obviously a cruise ship is essentially a floating Petri dish - but could be be the start of a slippery slope for events etc.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/overview/uk-magic-at-sea/?CMP=KNC-DDI-DCL_FYxx_UK_71700000081254219_Lower_GOOGLE_Always On_58700006991963318_p62949731719_disney uk cruise 2021&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjwppSEBhCGARIsANIs4p54VhIXxxwRaQcv-yzFZz8CuZ6ZXNIukJTT8ARbmLWi1HBf5ARJYagaAnJVEALw_wcB

Health and Safety Important Information
In order to sail, Guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the National Health Service. NHS currently defines fully vaccinated as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of vaccination status.

Edited by Ryan1984

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Amazing the there was people walking round the town where I lived offering jabs to anyone over 45. I asked as I was 41 and they said no, but were complaining about having doses but no people. 

Now the government are telling me to get a jab?

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Could be linked to this?

Dont get this at all. 100% of my friends are getting the vaccine. There is 0 hesitation. I don't know a single people under the age of 30 who has even suggested they wouldn't take it. 

Either the government has evidence that young people won't get it or its a misdirect to get ready to blame young people 

My brother just sent me this as he was supposed to be going in September.

https://www.harrypottertheplay.com/uk/coronavirus-update/

This bit confused me:

The producers of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, London and the Palace Theatre are committed to the safety and peace of mind of all audiences, cast and company and theatre staff.  We have been closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, whilst also factoring in U.K. Government guidelines and roadmap to re-opening the country without restrictions. With these factors considered performances of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child are suspended until Sunday 10th October 2021.

Just now, aj6658 said:

Dont get this at all. 100% of my friends are getting the vaccine. There is 0 hesitation. I don't know a single people under the age of 30 who has even suggested they wouldn't take it. 

Either the government has evidence that young people won't get it or its a misdirect to get ready to blame young people 

I get doing those adverts when it gets down to younger people but it's a bit strange timing now, weeks before.