When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not at all 

So the fact you always name check him for old posts even if it’s not relevant to the topic is a coincidence is it?

In case you’re wondering, here is the definition of bully: a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable.

23 minutes ago, JB15 said:

So the fact you always name check him for old posts even if it’s not relevant to the topic is a coincidence is it?

In case you’re wondering, here is the definition of bully: a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable.

Was about him posting in some trivial rule that Johnson may or may not be breaking. 

Christ some of you are extremely sensitive on here.Also perplexed how he could be considered vulnerable. Also way worse has been said on this thread.

23 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Was about him posting in some trivial rule that Johnson may or may not be breaking. 

Christ some of you are extremely sensitive on here.Also perplexed how he could be considered vulnerable. Also way worse has been said on this thread.

like people calling you a prick?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

It will be no.3 I guess. Roll out vaccines and in meantime restrictions at borders and have test and trace for any new cases. I expect it's fairly popular when they see what's happening elsewhere, but people might get frustrated with the border thing after a while.

It’s extremely popular. The WA premier just won with a historical amount of seats at the election a month ago. Fortress Australia mentality is alive and well to the point there is little sympathy for citizens stranded overseas. What will be interesting to see is how this opinion changes as the rest of the world starts to reopen and the vaccination evidence we all acknowledge here becomes obvious to those not following things as closely. Australia is still firmly entrenched in the cases = bad mentality, which is fine currently  as the vaccine rollout has been so pathetic and the vulnerable aren’t protected but that will need to shift to deaths and hospitalizations as that improves, and I’m not currently convinced that they are going to land the transition. 

The complicating thing additionally for the exit plan is multiple state governments all with different risk appetites and a federal government incapable of leading them. This happening in NSW would not have lead to a snap lockdown for example. 

4 hours ago, JB15 said:

In fairness I've had that from a couple of people on here for a long time now. But then after some recent comments from higher up it's easier left.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Ugh. Whilst I have no doubt there are many people who will find it difficult to integrate back into normal life for many reasons, labelling it covid anxiety syndrome isn’t helpful. 

We were at the World Snooker pilot scheme yesterday, which may inform how other early events such as music and theatre may operate, the system was:

1. Outdoor 4 point entry

2. First, proof of lateral flow negative test alongside ID

3. Confirmation email check on consent form

4. Bag search

5. e-tickets scan

once in, masks and social distancing, and controlled entry/exit to the theatre. Apparently amongst other checks they swab the air extraction system, and they have mystery officials checking how it’s working. 

From my own perspective it was a bit over the top but I guess if these events help make others happen it’s good. We also asked to do before and after PCR tests for analysis (Which you can readily get booked and delivered from gov.uk without any proof of why you need them which makes me wonder if it’s possible to use these free tests for overseas travel rather than pay a fortune?)

33CE14F8-563E-439F-ADA9-2B53CEA37762.jpeg

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Nope it doesn't help. People will and people yesterday were actually wearing masks out in a park. It wasn't masses and just the odd one but still. For me, I'm just waiting until everyone has been vaccinated, the 3 weeks are passed and these passports are done then I can't do much else. But I won the branching out too far until because of the restrictions behind. Theme Parks can certainly wait until later on in the year, face masks on rides is not fun or happening for me.

Interesting for those who haven't read btw. For the likes of travel to Portugal, Azores and Balearics/Ibiza from later in May time, they are going to open terraces fully but inside is still closed off and each person will be required to pay for a PCR  test 72 hours before coming home to avoid quarantine at a cost of approx €120. So presuming it's only adults it's £210 extra for a holiday per two adults.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think people are fooling themselves if they think they can run gigs etc like that 

I guess there wouldn’t be the same expectation on standard gigs, these are tests events so they’re tracking rates of infection etc... which might give them justification for less onerous restrictions. 

It’s a hoop we have to jump through on the way back to normality. 

47 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

We were at the World Snooker pilot scheme yesterday, which may inform how other early events such as music and theatre may operate, the system was:

1. Outdoor 4 point entry

2. First, proof of lateral flow negative test alongside ID

3. Confirmation email check on consent form

4. Bag search

5. e-tickets scan

once in, masks and social distancing, and controlled entry/exit to the theatre. Apparently amongst other checks they swab the air extraction system, and they have mystery officials checking how it’s working. 

From my own perspective it was a bit over the top but I guess if these events help make others happen it’s good. We also asked to do before and after PCR tests for analysis (Which you can readily get booked and delivered from gov.uk without any proof of why you need them which makes me wonder if it’s possible to use these free tests for overseas travel rather than pay a fortune?)

33CE14F8-563E-439F-ADA9-2B53CEA37762.jpeg

Interesting, thanks for posting. What does outdoor four point entry mean in practice?

Steps 4 and 5 have been standard for most bigger gigs for some time now anwyay.

On 4/22/2021 at 8:44 PM, Vulpes vulpes said:

Congrats, strange how they’ve opened it up to just one year below. 

Still waiting (early 40’s).

Big thanks to Vulpes, just got jabbed (Oxford AZ). No side effects.. yet.

The kind lady said I was very brave.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2