When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Am I reading this correct that Merkel is basically saying "don't give a shit that India is in such dire straits with covid at the moment we expect the vaccines they are producing to come to the EU"?

Or am I misinterpreting this?

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Am I reading this correct that Merkel is basically saying "don't give a shit that India is in such dire straits with covid at the moment we expect the vaccines they are producing to come to the EU"?

Or am I misinterpreting this?

'only allowed India'.... Seems to basically be saying send it or we will take away your vaccine production

Sky News have had Spain’s tourism minister Fernando Valdes on and he said the country is “desperate to welcome” UK visitors this summer.

PA note he said “I think we will be ready here in Spain. We also think that the vaccination scheme in the UK is going pretty well, so hopefully we’ll be seeing this summer the restart of holidays.”

There’s a worrying note though for those opposed to the use of vaccine passports – as he also said that certificates enabling holidaymakers to prove they have either been vaccinated or recently tested are “going to help us”.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

Exactly, so many of the supply chain and freelancers are on the brink of collapse. Another year of no live events will wipe many of them out.

No promo on that and only comes in the larger 20ltr box. And it's not as strong ☺️

Wait, there's a promo on Henry Weston's????

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

That's the plan for the final I think

Will there be a plan of some positive people? 

With all these trial events it's basically impossible to know if no cases afterwards is as a result of restrictions or due to nobody there having Covid / such low levels in the community.

45 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Will there be a plan of some positive people? 

With all these trial events it's basically impossible to know if no cases afterwards is as a result of restrictions or due to nobody there having Covid / such low levels in the community.

As in deliberately plant people with Covid in the audience? I can't imagine there would be. Ethically a tad dubious. 

Just sat in on a MS Teams call with our entire office....senior management starting to suggest people to go back into the office slowly rather than in one jump on June 21st (I've already been going in once a week since Jan)

But talk of social distancing still seems to be a hot topic and how we will manage it from June onwards with people either moved apart or having to work from home on certain days to accom others being in.

Am I being thick or I was under the impression that all restrictions are due to be lifted on June 21st or does that not include social distancing and if not does anyone know when that's due to be announced?

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Just sat in on a MS Teams call with our entire office....senior management starting to suggest people to go back into the office slowly rather than in one jump on June 21st (I've already been going in once a week since Jan)

But talk of social distancing still seems to be a hot topic and how we will manage it from June onwards with people either moved apart or having to work from home on certain days to accom others being in.

Am I being thick or I was under the impression that all restrictions are due to be lifted on June 21st or does that not include social distancing and if not does anyone know when that's due to be announced?

I can't see social distancing being removed without at the very least proof of a negative test, transitioning into vaccine proof. Not sure how that would work with a workplace for either as most don't exactly have someone standing on the door like hospitality could, so it probably does make sense for them to keep it going as you described until everyone has had the vaccine then see where we're at 

Edited by efcfanwirral

26 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

As in deliberately plant people with Covid in the audience? I can't imagine there would be. Ethically a tad dubious. 

I totally agree.

The trial event the other day though did nobody catch Covid there because the mitigation works or because nobody there had covid? If it's the latter the same would have happened with a full house. 

It's just a question of testing logistics not testing the mitigations at the moment given the low levels in the community.

23 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think its varying wildly. We can go in but its being actively discouraged (significant meetings only) until December. Even then - you have to book a space, you cant just turn up (we normally hot desk).

I work with a lot of local authority's - they're all different. One I know at least has sold off some of their offices during lockdown so there isnt anywhere for people to go back to even if they wanted to.

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

20 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We have had an increase in our team of 50% we have been told that it's unlikely we will be able to meet as a whole team for the long term. We also not expecting to travel to other sites (public body offices) this calendar year at the moment.