When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

43 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Definitely still feels like 2021 is the year of recovery, and 2022 will be the year of celebration, in terms of the timeline of this disease.

Yes I said this quite a lot at the start of the year and copped loads of criticism for it.

The whole 'roaring 20's' was never going to be a think this year, half of the worlds population are still getting fucked by the virus. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Yes I said this quite a lot at the start of the year and copped loads of criticism for it.

The whole 'roaring 20's' was never going to be a think this year, half of the worlds population are still getting fucked by the virus. 

I’ve been saying this since Useless Dowden went off brand and accidentally let it slip. They were trying to keep the morale of the nation up - no one wanted to hear this year would be stop-start in a dark November/December.

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

The Scottish policy of just posting out appointments (when they don't necessarily know your address) rather than letting people book their own could be turning into a disaster as we move down the ages.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-lothians-vaccine-centres-more-20421995

The UK provide us with the vaccines and we manage to cock it up, can't wait for a thumping SNP majority off the back of this.

There is more than just 'gone-away'  at play here.   My sister in law didnt get an invite at all - has lived at her address for over 25 years - she had to phone up.   I got my invite 2 days before my appointment - and some of my contemporaries  had to phone up as the letters were late.      The NHS are doing a great job at getting the vaccines into arms - but govt/scottish office  is rubbish at getting the arms to the vaccination centres.

Question for @Toilet Duck - Mrs Hats had an invite to book her second AZ jab, even though it's only been about 7 weeks, rather than 12.  If she had her second jab early, would that reduce its long term efficacy,  or will things work out about the sam once we're 12 weeks past her first jab date?

In other words, should she try to defer the second dose until June or just go for it? 

48 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

There is more than just 'gone-away'  at play here.   My sister in law didnt get an invite at all - has lived at her address for over 25 years - she had to phone up.   I got my invite 2 days before my appointment - and some of my contemporaries  had to phone up as the letters were late.      The NHS are doing a great job at getting the vaccines into arms - but govt/scottish office  is rubbish at getting the arms to the vaccination centres.

All the local GPs round here(Midlothian) were putting messages out on Facebook in March saying if you thought you were due a jab get in touch because there were issues with the letters. Shambles.

3 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Looks like we’re either at or fast approaching the false positive baseline. 

Or the level we hit when things open up and people become more mobile ... and being squeezed by the vaccines 💉 

Edited by crazyfool1

43 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Question for @Toilet Duck - Mrs Hats had an invite to book her second AZ jab, even though it's only been about 7 weeks, rather than 12.  If she had her second jab early, would that reduce its long term efficacy,  or will things work out about the sam once we're 12 weeks past her first jab date?

In other words, should she try to defer the second dose until June or just go for it? 

Howdy, here they are doing AZ with a gap of 6-12 weeks as standard. Most of the healthcare workers had a 6 week gap. Infections in healthcare fell through the floor a good while ago, so it looks like it’s working! The antibody responses increase after 6 weeks, the rise after that is nowhere near as steep, so, if it was 4 weeks I’d say hold on, but 7 weeks looks fine. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mellotr0n said:

Definitely still feels like 2021 is the year of recovery, and 2022 will be the year of celebration, in terms of the timeline of this disease.

Can I now call you an internet Karen?

Not sure if this is nationwide but there is an initiative in my region to vaccinate all homeless persons irrespective of age. They can simply turn up to designated centres and outreach projects and receive the vaccination as long as they are over 18. Apparently a a lot of vaccine suspicion amongst this demographic but seems to be working OK. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1