When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The vid of Keir getting kicked out of a pub by a pub landlord speaks volumes I think.

Yeah it does, didn't anyone tell him it's outside table service only.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

The big 'let's have an eFests meet in Goa' chat in this thread seems a long time ago now!

Still over 6 months before we go, long time away 

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think might be same round my way too...but whenever I've walked past anywhere all tables are occupied.

Village in Leicestershire? Village life seems easier, took me hours to book a beer garden in London 🙂

23 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Surprised this hasn’t shot Johnson into action so we’d be ‘world leading’ in vaccinations...

To be fair, we are still ahead of the states in actual jabs administered per person. The UK could choose to make it a total free for all, if we wanted.

I wonder if it's to do with uptake softening as they move down the ages?

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/04/at-38-5-vaccinated-us-may-be-running-low-on-people-eager-for-a-shot/

After all, America is a much bigger country and it's a bigger logistical challenge to jab everyone in the right order, whilst still maintaining a good throughput.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To be fair, we are still ahead of the states in actual jabs administered per person. The UK could choose to make it a total free for all, if we wanted.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/04/at-38-5-vaccinated-us-may-be-running-low-on-people-eager-for-a-shot/

After all, America is a much bigger country and it's a bigger logistical challenge to jab everyone in the right order, whilst still maintaining a good throughput.

I’d say the huge chunk of republicans that apparently don’t want it isn’t helping either!

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think we are sticking to the age range order, aren’t we? Perhaps selfishly, I’m just eager to know when I’ll be offered mine (I’m 36 - 37 in July).

Some really encouraging numbers given that we're a week out from the latest loosening of restrictions.

I hope this keeps up for another week, then we'll see if there is any bump from a weekend if boozing. Looking good so far!

Stockport in particular has had a huge drop overnight - 6 points when numbers are this low is pretty extraordinary.

0_Covid-infection-rates-18421.jpg

0_Latest-Covid-19-infection-rates-for-Greater-ManchesterFor-April-19-2021.jpg

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think we are sticking to the age range order, aren’t we? Perhaps selfishly, I’m just eager to know when I’ll be offered mine (I’m 36 - 37 in July).

It's completely the right thing to do i think - to do it in death and hospitalisation order is the most responsible way for a country our size. Guess 50 state-wide logistics aren't as good! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 hours ago, JoeyT said:

You think what Biden has done for covid in America since he took over. 

8 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Surprised this hasn’t shot Johnson into action so we’d be ‘world leading’ in vaccinations...

Are you?, it's not been 10 months since someone else has yet, then we need to wait 5 days.

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Stockport in particular has had a huge drop overnight - 6 points when numbers are this low is pretty extraordinary.

Great news - we're considering two weeks in Stockport as our big summer holiday now (instead of Mexico).

Obvious from their cases numbers, but huge issues in India.

At least 49 passengers on India flight to Hong Kong test positive for COVID-19 - CNA (channelnewsasia.com)

Not possibly the worst thing in a strange way. Vaccines standing up to variants in real world data is only going to increase confidence in the vaccines and in easing restrictions.

29 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

But they was all wearing magic masks ?  How could this ever possibly happen 🤔

Flights over 2 hours have a food service, and I imagine any mask rule was probably observed as well as the seat belt sign.

Additionally, I’m sure the majority probably had it before flying considering the current numbers out of India.

But then I doubt you were actually after a genuine answer. At least you called them masks I guess so we have some progress.

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Thread about vaccines (not) escaping. No idea on credentials, but uses all the right long words 😉

She's a molecular biologist at Moderna as far as I know (or working with Moderna...she has some connection to Moderna that I can't remember exactly). As it happens, I agree with her! (lots of people do). Check out Tess Lambe's lab at Oxford too, she has been doing loads of fantastic work on the immune response to their vaccine (she's currently making sure the updated one performs the same way as the original version, in addition to quietly publishing away on a Lassa fever version of their vaccine among many others!)...much of what we now about what happens to the immune response after OX/AZ vaccination comes from her team.