When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

But...you need to know who's behind you...

Oh yeah completely. Always a consideration.

Worst for me is there have been occasions, particularly when freelancing, when I've had literally nothing to do despite asking. But am still expected to sit there trying to look busy. At least when that happens at home I can do the washing up or something.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

If they have internet usage monitoring in the office, surely they can do it at home too via the VPN?

They can’t monitor what you are doing on your home connection or if you are just sitting there on your phone though. 

Yes, people are either meeting their targets or not. It works for some people and not others. The idea that any employee who works in an office should have the right to work from home is ridiculous though! 

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

They can’t monitor what you are doing on your home connection or if you are just sitting there on your phone though. 

Yes, people are either meeting their targets or not. It works for some people and not others. The idea that any employee who works in an office should have the right to work from home is ridiculous though! 

Yeah I'm not arguing that. I just disagree that working from home = unproductive; working from work = productive. It depends hugely on the person and the job. My personal preference is a mixture and I can see employers having to consider these things more going forward.

38 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Frightening isn't it...

When you look at the amount of spontaneous terminations the vaccine has caused. Any pregnant woman that puts that in her body is a mug

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2LT21A

"Fact Check-There is no evidence to suggest COVID-19 vaccines increase the risk of miscarriage"

Frightening when people spread anti vax lies? Yeah, fucking terrifying.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL1N2LT21A

"Fact Check-There is no evidence to suggest COVID-19 vaccines increase the risk of miscarriage"

Frightening when people spread anti vax lies? Yeah, fucking terrifying.

ive put that troll on the block list ... no point interacting with it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, chestwig said:

Frightening isn't it...

When you look at the amount of spontaneous terminations the vaccine has caused. Any pregnant woman that puts that in her body is a mug

Looks like one of those troll bots. 

Quite amusing in the amateurism really 😊

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

This is a really interesting thread, I was always lead to believe Japan had done quite well with regards to cases 

They have done well generally, but I think UK/Brazil variants on the rise there in certain places, and they've only started to vaccinate. In polls most Japanese want it scrapped. I think they should have looked at moving it to the autumn, but maybe that was never possible.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

They have done well generally, but I think UK/Brazil variants on the rise there in certain places, and they've only started to vaccinate. In polls most Japanese want it scrapped. I think they should have looked at moving it to the autumn, but maybe that was never possible.

It's way too big. Has to be 2022, surely that's been obvious for months? I can't believe they keep thinking it's going to happen.

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's way too big. Has to be 2022, surely that's been obvious for months? I can't believe they keep thinking it's going to happen.

I don’t think it’ll be moved to 2022. I think it’s either this summer or nothing, which is why they want to plough ahead.

Tbh Japan had large crowds at sporting events last summer so I think come July it’ll be ok to hold a behind closed doors/limited domestic crowd Olympics. It’s whether or not they can hold out against the pressure to cancel it. I think it probably will go ahead. They need to pick up their vaccine pace big time though, especially now the Kent variant is taking hold.