When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

We just did our annual stock take and got the best result we have had in all my years in the job ... 24 I think ... extra security and the restrictions on travel have helped massively ... we used to get hit by organised European gangs that would strip the shelves of alcohol and chewing gum ... 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We just did our annual stock take and got the best result we have had in all my years in the job ... 24 I think ... extra security and the restrictions on travel have helped massively ... we used to get hit by organised European gangs that would strip the shelves of alcohol and chewing gum ... 

brexit fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

From what I’ve just read, the ones advocating permanent working from home are actively engaged on every page of this thread! 1000’s of posts! No wonder they don’t want to go back to the bloody office. I’d just assumed they must be on furlough until now 😂😂😂

They are watching Holly and Phil.

Post covid? Why should she? That’s up to the company. If you don’t like the company, don’t take the job - same as it used to be. 

Glad it’s not just me that’s noticed it...the people who’ve been arguing against me are the same ones who have 5-6,000 posts in this thread alone!

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do people really think physically being in an office means you can't dick around on the internet all day?

Every time I log in at work I agree to not dick around on the internet. And straight away start dicking around on the internet. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Do people really think physically being in an office means you can't dick around on the internet all day?

Well, yes. Lots of companies have internet usage monitoring. And in an open plan office your colleagues can see your screen and what you are doing. 

If you can keep up with and continually post in this thread during working hours I’d say you have too much free time! 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Well, yes. Lots of companies have internet usage monitoring. And in an open plan office your colleagues can see your screen and what you are doing. 

If you can keep up with and continually post in this thread during working hours I’d say you have too much free time! 

Calling @Wellyboot to talk about her experience 🙂 

8 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Every time I log in at work I agree to not dick around on the internet. And straight away start dicking around on the internet. 

It's not just internet usage that people will do in the office either, I'm sure we all have funny stories about how people have wasted time in the office 😂

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

If they have internet usage monitoring in the office, surely they can do it at home too via the VPN?

I dunno, I just find it weird that people seem to think everyone in the office is constantly working. I've worked with tons of people who I can see are doing anything but (and have been guilty of it myself).