When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Doesn't a lot of that back up that I am right ?   Not every study can be taken as gospel either.  All this year its been frustrating to see people grab any none peer reviewed study as evidence for their beliefs.  Bloody hell this happens with masks!!! which compare someone coughing there lungs up with a mask vs someone without a mask when the reality is 99% of people will cover their mouth with their hands which probably is about as good as your average mask anyway 🙂 

Also - how on earth do you really measure it ?   If I got covid I won't have a clue who or where it came from ?  and half these asymptomatic cases actually had symptoms that people didn't properly recognised no doubt.  Its a massively hard thing to work out.

Just from a pure biology stand point a person who is asymptomatic is highly likely to be shedding much less virus than someone with it (I read a study on this).  Your not going to have a asymptomatic person with the same level of virus as a symptomatic person ?  Not from a respiratory illness ?  I heard someone trying to use HIV as an example but that isn't even remotely the same thing.

I think you’re right there and a lot of the assumed asymptomatic spread in the early days was because there were pretty much only two accepted symptoms, a cough and a fever. I think if they looked back now they could probably reclassify a great deal as symptomatic transmission.

Green Vaccine Certificate:

The EU countries have agreed on a common line for the planned Covid certificate for easier travel in Europe. The ambassadors of the 27 countries agreed on a position for negotiations with the EU Parliament in Brussels on Wednesday. According to the EU Commission, the so-called "Green Certificate" should be ready for use at the end of June - in time for the start of the summer holidays.
The position of the EU states only provides that the certificate is issued free of charge on paper or digitally, as can be seen from the decision that the dpa has received. Which advantages - such as quarantine exemption - the EU states grant, they should be able to decide for themselves. The respective countries should also determine for themselves whether they also recognize vaccinations with preparations that are only approved in certain countries but not in the entire EU - for example the Russian Sputnik V. The rules should initially apply for twelve months.

The heart of the certificate should be a digitally readable barcode that can be used to call up the relevant information. The EU Commission is working on a common platform as a framework for national applications.

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I had a day off work yesterday and took the kids to the Crocky Trial near Chester.  First time we have been out to an actual activity this year with other families.

It was alright but I had unexplainable anxiousness in me - annoying that people still can't or won't distance when queuing for stuff (even though I know it makes no difference in the open air) - no hope of keeping the kids distanced which you just have to accept but you know its technically wrong so it makes you anxious - people seem to also feeling the same so it all feels a little tense even though everyone is smiling (which is weird)

Its weird and its going to take a while for us to feel normal...

So no - you aren't on your own with this.

In my low 40s and I will feel a lot better once I have the vaccine (+3 weeks) - I feel the 40s are the forgotten bunch.  Not really at risk but not home free by any stretch.  Everything unlocking and I feel a little bit in no mans land - specially with young kids who are either doing stuff (and mixing) or locked up at home - there is no middle ground.

I'm with you on all of this.  For the vast majority of the population this the first time we've had to 'exit' from any life-changing scenario, and we have no personal strategy to work to.  It's about feeling your way through it, day by day, and not feeling afraid to back away from any circumstance where you don't feel ready.

We'll get there though 👍

Got the fella (late 40's) booked in for 1st jab on Friday, had to change the location for the 2nd jab as nothing available at Manchester main jab centre but that's fine as still not far tbh

Very relieved and a closer step to normality 🙂 

• Like 1

In connection with rare cases of brain thrombosis after an AstraZeneca vaccination, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is now planning an analysis of the risks and benefits of the corona vaccine. The agency announced this on Wednesday in Amsterdam after a meeting of EU health ministers. The general data on vaccinations and the course of the pandemic such as infection rates, admissions to hospitals, mortality and disease frequency are to be checked.

The analysis is then intended to be a decision-making aid for national health authorities. That way, they would be able to assess the risks of the drug versus the benefits for the vaccination program, it said.

7 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I guess ToiletDuck knows more....but these vaccines just use different ways to trigger a similar/same immune response...so shouldn't matter, right?

Covid causes clotting so avacine that Iotates covid will trigger the same... I talked it thru with a doc today who also said theresa lesserriz from vaccines than covid. 

Edited by eFestivals

3 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Last time I checked, there were about 20 cases of immune-mediated thrombocytopenia between Pfizer and Moderna in the US (so less than 1 in a million, think that was out over 20m doses as it was end of January when the data was collected...9 had Pfizer, 11 had Moderna). Some of those had prior problems with immune-mediated thrombocytopenia, 1 had a hereditary condition that made them prone to it, others had other underlying autoimmune disorders and about 13 of them had no prior issues. The first patient it happened in died, the others all required hospitalisation but were treated (for suspected immune-mediated thrombocytopenia) and are ok. The rate was not really any higher than the rate observed without vaccination, or at least it was in the same ballpark (which is not the case with the issues we are seeing with the two adenovirus vaccines, where incidence is 10-20 times higher (while still being extremely rare)). 

Edit: I should add that the problems in these patients were bleeding problems with Thrombocytopenia not exactly the same clothing issue we have seen with the other vaccines...

As always, thank you for the detailed info Sir!

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Covid causes clotting so avacine that Iotates covid will trigger the same... I talked it thru with a doc today who also said theresa lesserriz from vaccines than covid. 

And that was after editing?  😁 Hope you get back to your desktop soon xx

51 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Weirdly, I understood that! 😁

Covid does cause clotting. At our hospital, about a quarter of patients that end up in critical care have clotting issues. The risk/benefit ratio discussion centres on how many under 30s are at risk of needing critical care (and thus at risk of clotting) following natural infection versus vaccination...and at the current prevalence of the virus, the vaccine presents a higher risk in this age group. It’s also an entirely different type of clotting that needs a different test to diagnose it and different treatment (what you would normally use to treat clots can make it worse). But, it is treatable, and there are key signs to watch out for, so it shouldn’t prevent the safe use of these vaccines (they aren’t triggering this response because they target SARS-CoV-2 though, it’s the nature of the vaccine not the target that’s behind it).

India going thru number 3 out break and on the way news a few min ago japan going thru there 4th bloody break out of covid.. Bloody nightmare... If we're not clever we might get hit by a another out break.. 

The thing is if we do get hit by a another outbreak and we have to go into another lockdown old Boris will have to go.. Even tho it's not going to be his fault at all it'll be all of ours... We're going camping etc but even so I know everyone I'm going to be in contact with are just as careful as we are.. I know that's not 100 % that we can't get it but at least it is better than the crowds you see on the box going into primeark and other places.. 

Anyway stay safe everyone and hopefully we'll be OK.. 

12 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

India going thru number 3 out break and on the way news a few min ago japan going thru there 4th bloody break out of covid.. Bloody nightmare... If we're not clever we might get hit by a another out break.. 

The thing is if we do get hit by a another outbreak and we have to go into another lockdown old Boris will have to go.. Even tho it's not going to be his fault at all it'll be all of ours... We're going camping etc but even so I know everyone I'm going to be in contact with are just as careful as we are.. I know that's not 100 % that we can't get it but at least it is better than the crowds you see on the box going into primeark and other places.. 

Hi old son, I am quite confident/relaxed that it won't go pear shaped again here, I think Boris and Co have learnt from their massive mistakes of past waves and won't let that happen again. They will put the brakes on now as soon as they see the numbers going the wrong way. And we have such a high level of people vaccinated, even if mostly just one dose so far, and the population is very willing to be jabbed, so in a few weeks time, and fingers crossed no nasty new  variants then we will be OK this summer. I think people here are now on the whole quite sensible/careful as lockdown rules begins easing. Yeah there will be some idiots but the vast majority are sensible and know what is needed.

Now go and enjoy your holiday old son...

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yeah, I think that's the final nail in the coffin of my (three-time rescheduled) Japan trip in September. It was already highly doubtful. I don't think they've really got their vaccination programme underway yet, I guess that's a key contributory factor to their woes. Anyone know why they haven't? They seem to be such an organized and obedient nation, I'm amazed they weren't at the forefront.