When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Dane here:

Idiotic decision IMO. They base it on the fact that the pandemic is under control in Denmark. Why is the pandemic under control? Because of all the freaking restrictions.

I would take the AZ jab right now if I was given the chance (and it would allow me to live my life again).

Had 1-2% hope for Roskilde Festival left, but I've burried it completely now.

The general rush to stop using vaccines over a 1 in the million risk is bizzare to me

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

More doom mongering and anoraks running their hands at any excuse to lock us up longer....

"We've all been desperate for our freedoms - and it has been great this week when we can get out to the pub gardens and enjoy the outside space - but we must not go wild."

Not quite doomster nerds saying we need to lock down forever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

The general rush to stop using vaccines over a 1 in the million risk is bizzare to me

We've been given the figure 1 / 40.000, but it is based on dnaish and norwegian figures. That is a different risk than 1 a million, but they could still jab old people. 

But the 1/40.000 can't be true. You guys would have so many more of these cases then?

4 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Dane here:

Idiotic decision IMO. They base it on the fact that the pandemic is under control in Denmark. Why is the pandemic under control? Because of all the freaking restrictions.

I would take the AZ jab right now if I was given the chance (and it would allow me to live my life again).

Had 1-2% hope for Roskilde Festival left, but I've burried it completely now.

I don’t really understand why they have taken the AZ off the table completely, rather than give people the option of it e.g. explain the very very rare side effects of clotting, and make you sign a written consent form or something if you are happy to proceed. 

1 minute ago, jonathansoegaard said:

We've been given the figure 1 / 40.000, but it is based on dnaish and norwegian figures. That is a different risk than 1 a million, but they could still jab old people. 

But the 1/40.000 can't be true. You guys would have so many more of these cases then?

Yeah... would be a lot higher if that was the case.

Just now, st dan said:

I don’t really understand why they have taken the AZ off the table completely, rather than give people the option of it e.g. explain the very very rare side effects of clotting, and make you sign a written consent form or something if you are happy to proceed. 

Or just tell them what the symptoms of clotting are. There is a cue for the condition!

1 minute ago, st dan said:

They've not completely thrown it out yet. I agree people should be able to volunteer. They are hoping to obtain knowledge about target groups, early warning sign and that could put it back.

Buuuut I'm not counting on it. Everyone wants the Phizer...

Just now, Barry Fish said:

These threads keep saying things like "life is close to pre-covid" but its not.

They are still socially distancing with masks and have restrictions.

last sentence says they can probably get rid of the last of the restrictions now

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Our future if we can ignore fake SAGE

You mean if we listen to them? Because the rules still in place in Israel are the sorts of "continued social distancing measures" that Independent SAGE has been suggested will still be required.

Maybe before yelling "Israel!" all the time have a read through their current restrictions:

https://www.gov.il/en/Departments/Guides/ramzor-cites-guidelines

Gatherings are restricted to up to 20 people indoors and up to 100 people outdoors. If the gathering place includes both indoor and outdoor spaces – up to 100 people. 
Any gathering exceeding the gathering restrictions, in public or in private, shall be held subject to the Green Pass restrictions.
The behavior rules for public settings must be followed including: 

Face covering
You must wear a face mask anywhere except your home
Social distancing
Stay 2 meters from other people, if possible (except for members of the same household)

Avoid physical contact, such as hugs and handshakes

Essential stores
Food stores, stores selling hygienic products, pharmacies, optics shops, laundromats, laboratories for repairing communication devices and computers, stores selling essential appliances and stores selling essential housekeeping products.
Occupancy: Essential stores - at a ratio of one person per each 7 square meters or up to 20 people, whichever is higher 
Commercial centers and street-facing stores
Occupancy: Small store (less than 300 square meters) - at a ratio of one person per each 7 square meters or up to 20 people. Large store (over 300 square meters) – at a ratio of one person per each 15 square meters.
Shopping malls 
Occupancy: In the common areas – at a ratio of one person per each 15 square meters. Inside stores – according to store type (essential, small or large).
Stands:
Distancing between stands (at least 4 meters for stands placed in a row or 6 meters for stands placed in parallel) or placing a partition in parallel between stands.
In food stands – food will be pre-packaged or will be packaged at the time of sale.
No eating in the shopping mall
Markets, Fairs and Stands - Outdoors
Occupancy: at a ratio of one person per each 15 square meters.
 Markets, Fairs and Stands – Indoors – Subject to the Green Pass requirements
Occupancy: at a ratio of one person per each 15 square meters and 300 people max.
Any business may offer delivery and take away services. 

The green pass restrictions it mentions are basically a vaccine passport (both doses) or negative test.

I think Israel has set a great example of how to do a slow, careful opening up, that's actually slower than our current roadmap.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

I note that the Danes, having abandoned the AZN vaccine out of "an abundance of caution" have already determined that "those who have received the first injection with AstraZeneca will later receive an invitation to vaccination with another vaccine", despite no mixed use trials having yet reported results.

So bizzare

France is sticking to the vaccination with the vaccine from Johnson & Johnson: As planned, people over the age of 55 will be vaccinated, said government spokesman Gabriel Attal today after a cabinet meeting. A first delivery with around 200,000 vaccine doses has already arrived in the country.

Meanwhile, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is pressing ahead with its investigation into the corona vaccine from Johnson & Johnson (J&J). The authority is expected to issue a recommendation in the next week, the EMA announced today. The agency remains convinced that the benefits outweigh the risks of the vaccine. 

29 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

maybe there were some batches from different plants that were worse? I don't know...so many numbers being thrown around...