When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

On 4/7/2021 at 3:47 PM, crazyfool1 said:

@stuie might be worth doing the same ... 

Just got my first dose of AstraZeneca by stalking out my local vaccination centre for end of day leftovers! Only took two attempts 😂

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Dropping this in a few threads.   Music Venue Trust running online survey on return to live music, what your gig habits were/are and what you're comfortable with (or not) happening in order to return to gigs. Get involved.

Thanks, completed the form. In summary I’m going back to live music at the earliest opportunity!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Dropping this in a few threads.   Music Venue Trust running online survey on return to live music, what your gig habits were/are and what you're comfortable with (or not) happening in order to return to gigs. Get involved.

That's a really well put together survey - I can already imagine the sort of figures that will come out of that and I imagine they'll be favourable to getting us back to live gigs!

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Selfish non vaxvers spread SA variant

What does that column heading even mean? Read it multiple time and I don't think it's saying what the tweet is suggesting it shows. 

Is it not showing the percentage of staff who haven't had covid within 28 days of  their first jab? 

No still don't know. 

does anyone know that if you can't book 2nd jab on NHS site does that been it won't confirm appointment for 1st jab?

As booked 1st jab for fella for Friday but then when went to book 2nd jab at same site it states there is no availability - what I don't want is him to be classed as no show, it's very confusing tbh

I've just pressed cancel and start again so hopefully it won't allocate the slot 😞 

Edited by shoptildrop

30 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Except that's not what it actually says though. It specifically mentions 2 weeks. 

I think it's because they report this data every couple of weeks. It's really badly worded, but in care homes they only vaccinate residents and staff if they have been clear of COVID infection for 28 days. So the chart is showing the percentage of staff who have been clear of infection for 28 days (so are eligible for a vaccine) who have had the first dose of the vaccine. I'm doing some work on a project on vaccine uptake in London and it is a massive challenge - hesitancy is one aspect, but there are loads of access issues too.

19 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

I think it's because they report this data every couple of weeks. It's really badly worded, but in care homes they only vaccinate residents and staff if they have been clear of COVID infection for 28 days. So the chart is showing the percentage of staff who have been clear of infection for 28 days (so are eligible for a vaccine) who have had the first dose of the vaccine. I'm doing some work on a project on vaccine uptake in London and it is a massive challenge - hesitancy is one aspect, but there are loads of access issues too.

Great thanks. Its awful wording! 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They're making them up to keep us locked down?

I know you’re not the sharpest troll in the box but even you can work out that’s not what I said. 

SPI-B hasn’t got nearly 50 members for them to sit around thinking of catchy slogans. 

• Upvote 1

What I don’t understand with the risk based approaches to stopping the vaccines out of caution, is surely in the time they are paused for >>>> will die as a result of not having had the vaccine than would ever die from a potential blood clot.

Like South Africa stopping J&J, that’s just mad to me.

Someone tell me I’m being too simplistic...

3 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

What I don’t understand with the risk based approaches to stopping the vaccines out of caution, is surely in the time they are paused for >>>> will die as a result of not having had the vaccine than would ever die from a potential blood clot.

Like South Africa stopping J&J, that’s just mad to me.

Someone tell me I’m being too simplistic...

I agree. I think part of the reason is so they are seen to be doing something and acting cautiously, when the reality is the risk/benefit balance is so far in one direction and we are still in a pandemic after all! I understand it’s not as simple as comparing clotting incidence in the vaccine vs other walks of life, but it is still such a tiny incidence to be irrelevant.