When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

didn't come from independent sage, but I guess the accusation is Friston and others at UCL predicted herd immunity would be reached in early April, and Friston is also one of the independent sage people.

Im not familiar with this Friston but I hope he's right haha! as unlikely as it is... imagine if he is! Not even sure how it could be verified though... just wait for another wave? 

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

If you're wanting Pfizer cos of clot concerns with AZ there's clot concerns with Pfizer too. 

I have no preference, I’ll take anything 😂

19 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just got back from the gym!

What a feeling 🙂  

Very different though than the return after the last lockdown.  I don't think my gym (big puregym one) ever got over 1/3 full even on opening day.  Today was at least over half full.  Mask usage down from about 50% to about 10%.  Lots of young people giving zero fucks.

Get ready for the third wave!  

Aren't the gym employees meant to be ensuring all guidelines are being adhered to?

I was a member of Buzz Gym in Oxford until recently, and at the end of last year it was similar, no one social distancing, sanitiser not widely being used no masks and the staff just stood about playing on their phones instead of ensuring rules were being kept.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Aren't the gym employees meant to be ensuring all guidelines are being adhered to?

I was a member of Buzz Gym in Oxford until recently, and at the end of last year it was similar, no one social distancing, sanitiser not widely being used no masks and the staff just stood about playing on their phones instead of ensuring rules were being kept.

My Nuffield one seemed to be getting slack towards the end of the last one ... I only use the pool but it seemed people were very much pushing the boundaries of the 45min sessions ... still contemplating if I return yet or not 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

My Nuffield one seemed to be getting slack towards the end of the last one ... I only use the pool but it seemed people were very much pushing the boundaries of the 45min sessions ... still contemplating if I return yet or not 

I actually cancelled the membership during the latest lockdown.  If they can't be bothered then neither can I.

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Staff are doing nothing at my Puregym.  I would of thought a quick reminder at the door would help - but no - nothing.

Yeh, similar tales all over.

I think a lot of people aren't bothering anymore with any rules of any description unless forced to.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I actually cancelled the membership during the latest lockdown.  If they can't be bothered then neither can I.

Yeah I do wonder and shrug my shoulders when I hear the words covid secure being talked about on the news today ... I’ll see how it is ... the safety will be down to low infection levels not because of a bottle of sanitiser by the door .. 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

I can’t believe there will be people who have waited for 3/4 months for pubs to reopen, and will order a Carling as their first pint. 

a delicious pint of Harveys sussex best will be my first pint, on wednesday afternoon. Its going to be a beautiful thing.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

a delicious pint of Harveys sussex best will be my first pint, on wednesday afternoon. Its going to be a beautiful thing.  

Clubhouse is open again after training on Tuesday.  Suspect a Harveys will be on my radar as well

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Clubhouse is open again after training on Tuesday.  Suspect a Harveys will be on my radar as well

an absolutely cromulent choice. And as itll be after exercise, it serves as an almost perfect isotonic fluid replacement for your body!

(well, the tipping point for that is about 2.8% alcohol apparently, harveys is 4.3% so its only a shade stronger than ideal - with a packet of nuts, youre essentially refuelling perfectly)