When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

32 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Addendum: If you use the full dose for each one, then you'll end up with a lot of vaccine. If you divide it up, then will there be a sufficient immune response in the areas of variation? We don't know without trialling it was the argument.

Yeah, I partly agree with them. We do have data from the screw up on the Oxford trial though showing a half dose is just as good as a full one so long as the longer gap is used, so I do think there’s a fair amount of scope to reduce the amount of each one (raises the question of whether we could be vaccinating twice as many people currently with the doses we have). Would I head straight into using it in billions of people without actually checking it though? Not really! 

edit: of course the million dollar question is whether a P1 variant sequence would protect against original SARS-CoV-2 and B1.17 (which has a shared change with P1 that drives the increased transmission) and the SA B1.351 (which has the E484K change like P1)...or does it matter if the the original variant is mostly outcompeted now? (I don’t know the answer to these questions, just thinking out loud!)...

Edited by Toilet Duck

44 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Happy April 12 everyone. We've all got different views, but nobody wants this to go on for a second longer than it has to. 

I can tell you from experience that that first pint is delicious. 

Happy freedom day all.

Give me an hour or so and I’ll find something else to moan about 😜

In all seriousness though - shop local, eat local and drink local. Lots of those places are the heartbeat of our communities / high streets and will need our £‘s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Happy freedom day all.

Give me an hour or so and I’ll find something else to moan about 😜

In all seriousness though - shop local, eat local and drink local. Lots of those places are the heartbeat of our communities / high streets and will need our £‘s.

I'm queueing for the library already, local nailbar then pop into Chessington World of Adventure.

• Upvote 1

Some positive vaccination noises over here over the last few days. The in-laws (both in their 70s) are finally getting their first shots (father-in-law yesterday, mother-in-law on Thursday), and at his appointment yesterday he was told that in 3-4 weeks he'd get notified about his 2nd appointment. I'd kinda forgetten that we were aiming for the 4 week gap in between shots over here. 

At the same time, over they weekend, they announced that after the next group is done (over 60s) they're going to open it up to every adult in Stockholm between 18-59 at the same time. With a bit of luck in the booking app it's looking like we might be jagged up by the summer after all.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Some positive vaccination noises over here over the last few days. The in-laws (both in their 70s) are finally getting their first shots (father-in-law yesterday, mother-in-law on Thursday), and at his appointment yesterday he was told that in 3-4 weeks he'd get notified about his 2nd appointment. I'd kinda forgetten that we were aiming for the 4 week gap in between shots over here. 

At the same time, over they weekend, they announced that after the next group is done (over 60s) they're going to open it up to every adult in Stockholm between 18-59 at the same time. With a bit of luck in the booking app it's looking like we might be jagged up by the summer after all.

Great news mate, must be a big relief the in-laws getting their first doses. 

38 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Great news mate, must be a big relief the in-laws getting their first doses. 

Thanks bud. Yeah, big relief for sure. Thankfully they stay outside the city and are sensible folk so they haven't been putting themselves at any unnecessary risk but you never know.

Got brought into sharp focus in the last few weeks, one of the best pals of the missus, her dad died after being hospitalized with Covid. Again, he'd been really careful throughout, but lived in the city. Just got unlucky. It's a bastard of a virus. 

Just now, JoeyT said:

Haircut at 12.15 and i've never been more excited

Got mine booked at a barbers for Wednesday.....I usually get mine cut by my mother as she used to be a hairdresser but haven't been able to go inside her house since the end of October!

Two or three people have asked if I'm trying to be Liam Gallagher circa 1996 😄

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Thanks bud. Yeah, big relief for sure. Thankfully they stay outside the city and are sensible folk so they haven't been putting themselves at any unnecessary risk but you never know.

Got brought into sharp focus in the last few weeks, one of the best pals of the missus, her dad died after being hospitalized with Covid. Again, he'd been really careful throughout, but lived in the city. Just got unlucky. It's a bastard of a virus. 

Oh mate I’m really sorry to hear that, it is awful this virus. It does come down to luck some of the time doesn’t it. I hope they are doing as ok as they can be. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Have got Wednesday off for my partner's birthday so we are planning a little wander for a potential outdoor pint or two as our first visit.

Enjoy to anyone going today!

The choices up in London are so vast! Enjoy!