When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That sounds really bad until you realise the national average is very low indeed at the moment.

If you look at any trend statistically, there will be areas where the number is relatively high or relatively low. If you want to get clicks then you just turn it into a story, but it's not a story.

15 minutes ago, km9 said:

If you look at any trend statistically, there will be areas where the number is relatively high or relatively low. If you want to get clicks then you just turn it into a story, but it's not a story.

Yeah, if cases across the whole country all fell by 50%, then exactly the same number of areas would still have infection rates double that of the national average.

Edit: in fact, that would be the case if they all fell by 99%

Edited by stuartbert two hats

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Same as a couple of weeks ago, got the tap on the shoulder about a Centre giving out jabs in Stratford to over 30s, and just been AZ jabbed! Very relieved- thought I’d be months away.

Stratford London? Where?

Edited by zahidf

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nice find. Explains why Israel is still seeing falling cases.

Yeah, we kind of discussed this when the panic about variants etc came up before. Onward transmission is the key to how well the vaccines will control spread, they won’t stop you from actually contracting the virus as they aren’t a force field (but your immune system will deal with it fairly swiftly). So, PCR positives in vaccinated individuals will always show up (so long as we keep testing them), but they are much less likely to get sick or pass it on to someone else. If neutralising antibodies are a bit lower for certain variants, then they are more likely to be detectable via PCR (and subsequent sequencing), but that doesn’t equate to an explosion of variant cases in the vaccinated population. All still looking good, we’re getting there, slowly but surely! 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Todays numbers ... getting close to 0 deaths days now ..... maybe next weekend ? 

Screenshot 2021-04-11 at 16.45.35.png

We are close but possibly not until early May for a 0 death day.

It’s stunning how low positive cases have gone though. Certainly think we’ll get a sub 1k day over next weekend.

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Buzzing

6ADC5A72-8B83-42F1-AC0D-32DEAB7B2D70.jpeg

The rule is that 50% of the total wall area must be open, for any tent, gazebo or wooden structure to count as an outside facility for hospitality. I think it is the same rule for smoking shelters in work places. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reopening-businesses-and-venues-in-england/reopening-businesses-and-venues

Edited by Cherry Tree
Forgot link

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

anyone else signed up to the tests that are now available ? I know its not perfect but just adds another layer of confidence for me when working and being around others ..... I wonder what sort of extra numbers this will add to testing numbers and cases ? 

link for anyone that wants it 

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Cheers for this - was wondering how to get hold of them. Think we might before a couple of visits coming up.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers for this - was wondering how to get hold of them. Think we might before a couple of visits coming up.

I went down to my local testing hub yesterday and picked up a couple of packs. I was the only one there. Another option if you don’t want them posted to your address.

Just now, Ryan1984 said:

I went down to my local testing hub yesterday and picked up a couple of packs. I was the only one there. Another option if you don’t want them posted to your address.

Think that option is on the link too ... for handyness I’ve got them posted ... don’t know if they automatically send more once I run out though ... will wait and see I guess 🙂 

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Cheers scientists for the fucking obvious that two vaccinated people meeting up is of tiny risk.

Funny thing is there will be people whose logic has defied them to the extent that they need a scientist to spell this out 🤦‍♂️