When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It’s because when we are in a lockdown, the NHS cancels all non-urgent care and prioritises covid patients over non-covid patients whereas when we are not in a lockdown, other care goes ahead as normal.

They could have used the nightingales for triage and kept covid patients out of the normal hospitals entirely IMO, with the military used to staff the nightingales. 

Unfortunately I don’t think there are as many military health professionals as we think there are. Also, doesn’t opening up with high infection rates exacerbate the problem further thus making more of those difficult triage situations? How could other non urgent care go ahead as normal?

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Buzzing

6ADC5A72-8B83-42F1-AC0D-32DEAB7B2D70.jpeg

Restrictions are based on the number of open sides I think ... so that doesn’t look like it would be allowed ... I was watching the news and some pub had spent 50k on a shelter only to discover it wasn’t allowed ... just choose a nice day I think is the best bet ... and a cold pint will be far nicer too 🙂 

46 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Schools have been shut. Nothing to see here with step 1b, we'll never really know its impact, since from looking at the numbers (at least is Manchester), the Easter holidays seem to have had more impact than step 1b. Let's come back in 14 days too see how we're doing with step 2 + schools back. Fingers crossed we'll do ok.

Cautiously optimistic here.

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Restrictions are based on the number of open sides I think ... so that doesn’t look like it would be allowed ... I was watching the news and some pub had spent 50k on a shelter only to discover it wasn’t allowed ... just choose a nice day I think is the best bet ... and a cold pint will be far nicer too 🙂 

I can’t think many local pubs (not so much city centre ones) will have much issue putting all the sides on a marquee if the weather dictates.

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I can’t think many local pubs (not so much city centre ones) will have much issue putting all the sides on a marquee if the weather dictates.

They'll be forced to take them down or close. Covid Compliance Officers have been to a restaurant in my town and told them that the the open ended tent they have over their deck is no longer deemed as outside but is now seen as an extension of their inside restaurant. Therefore they can't open till 17th May (apart from takeaways). It won't be whether a pub will have much issue doing it, it's whether they want to stay open.

Edited by Ozanne

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

@ShakeyCrash if only you had seen this yesterday   ... 🙂 

Going to call tomorrow. I heard today that someone in their 40s called at 8 am and was jabbed 9 am. It really is coming to an end. 60% of adult population first jabbed already, 20% have received both jabs. Some restrictions have been brought forwards. Number of cases dropping so we are under 18 cases per 100,000 people. Cases are still dropping.

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

anyone else signed up to the tests that are now available ? I know its not perfect but just adds another layer of confidence for me when working and being around others ..... I wonder what sort of extra numbers this will add to testing numbers and cases ? 

link for anyone that wants it 

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Yes, I did, expect delivery tomorrow.

I admit it's not completely necessary as I get tested regularly at the vaccination centres.