When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

nice that things are speeding up here in Austria. last days we always had new vaccination records, my mom gets her jab with Moderna next week and maybe Europe will get a new one in summer:

The German vaccine manufacturer CureVac considers European approval of its corona vaccine to be possible in May or June in view of the progress made in the necessary studies. "We are already very advanced in the third clinical test phase and expect the data for the final approval package," said CureVac spokesman Thorsten Schüller of the "Augsburger Allgemeine".

The virus variants would have increased the complexity for the ongoing clinical trial three, said Schüller. CureVac plans to continue producing up to 300 million vaccine doses this year. The pharmaceutical company Bayer will also produce the mRNA vaccine.

40 minutes ago, stuie said:

I asked you a question. If you can’t answer if, fair enough. 

Im not going to start getting into again... there is evidence for and against if you dont want to do your own reading thats up to you. It's just going round in circles and im past caring. 

11 minutes ago, Havors said:

Im not going to start getting into again... there is evidence for and against if you dont want to do your own reading thats up to you. It's just going round in circles and im past caring. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

great input there 👏

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've got a haircut booked on the 19th but haven't attempted to book hospitality anywhere yet. Our first meetings are all park or garden based as I imagine getting in anywhere round here will be a pain- not many big beer gardens! Got a weekday off coming up for my partner's birthday so we might go for a wander and try our luck somewhere for an outdoor pint.

My gym is opening too but I normally only do classes (which aren't yet allowed) so keeping up with those online for now. Might venture in for a swim or gym session at some point though.

They'll probably just ban all the shops and pubs opening on Monday 'cos the Duke has died & the whole country is grieving!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Huh? You replied to a post about lockdowns reducing excess deaths, and you said the jury was out. You got a point or not?

You have to work out what his point was yourself by doing your own reading... or something like that. 

4 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Huh? You replied to a post about lockdowns reducing excess deaths, and you said the jury was out. You got a point or not?

The point is there is evidence for and against. I have not once said they dont work... which is what you are implying im saying

30 minutes ago, Havors said:

Why do you assume people haven't done their own reading and decided that the jury is most definitely in on whether lockdowns work?

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Why do you assume people haven't done their own reading and decided that the jury is most definitely in on whether lockdowns work?

Because it isn't. If they had they would know that there is evidence for and against. Simple really...

All I said was we don't know for definite yet or to what extent... then cue all the self righteous condescending pricks swoop down as usual. I never said lockdowns don't work but look at them all pecking like I did because they jump to conclusions. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

You only have to look at the data on the government dashboard, align it with lockdown dates to see that lockdowns do work in reducing prevalence of the virus. 

Yes but there is also data that shows R and deaths were already falling before lockdown. Correlation is not always causation. There is also possible seasonality to be taken into account. I just have an open mind about it and understand that we dont know for sure yet what extent the measures have truly made. 

Some don't and are no better than the covid deniers. Just jump on people and cant keep an open mind. 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Because it isn't. If they had they would know that there is evidence for and against. Simple really...

All I said was we don't know for definite yet or to what extent... then cue all the self righteous condescending pricks swoop down as usual. I never said lockdowns don't work but look at them all pecking like I did because they jump to conclusions. 

Not agreeing with you doesn’t make anyone a condescending prick. I asked you what jury was out and what you are basing this claim on and you’ve not been able to answer.

What is this evidence of lockdowns not reducing transmission? 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Not agreeing with you doesn’t make anyone a condescending prick. I asked you what jury was out and what you are basing this claim on and you’ve not been able to answer.

What is this evidence of lockdowns not reducing transmission? 

Well maybe not you sorry, but you did reply implying I believe lockdowns dont work did you not? 

Also I was initially talking about excess deaths. There is evidence to show lockdowns may not work like we think.. Sweden and states in the US are some evidence and other stuff like this...  https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~swood34/   theres lots if anyone bothered to read. Im not saying they dont work, im just saying we cant definitely say they do or to what extent yet. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The data on the dashboard doesn’t show deaths declining before lockdown, all data was rising then a few weeks after lockdown they start to fall which shows that lockdowns do work in reducing the spread of the virus. 

There is more places to get info other than the gov dashboard