When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, chestwig said:

It's says in small print on the rolling death toll ever single day on the news and has for months now. It clearly say in small print. *Deaths of ANY cause of after a positive PCR test. It's meaningless. Vast majority or dying of normal things like dementia, heart attack, strokes, cancer and happen to have had a Positive PCR test. Is a totally inappropriate use of the test as it's ran at a high cycle threshold at 45 currently on the NHS. This provides high positive result for dead viral fragments....WHO warned about anything over 25 cycles can not be in anyway meaningful.

Even if you are sick with covid.... It's mean it had a significant impact in your death it's typically that people are dying with a virus in thier system of other cause. The vast majority of people who are dying have around 2.6 to 3 comorbities already.... Depending where you are.

Imaging if we did mass testing for influenza of the sick and healthy in 2018 and 2019... The likely outcome would be the same, something around 150k deaths would be loosely attributed to influenza. Would it make it a pandemic? 

If you want evidence follow Dr Reiner fuelmich. He's a californian/german lawyer. He's filing class action lawsuits for the gross manipulation of PCR testing to artificially increase death tolls.

As for evidence of actual death toll of dying with Covid alone, you can get this from the ONS if you wanted. They publish weekly spreadsheets on it.

We will never know a precise figure.... But anybody banding round 150k as a death toll OF Covid has perhaps just been at the cool aid to much.

Hope this helps?

How do you explain the fact that excess deaths are higher than 20-30k?

10 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

To get back on topic, have any of you booked tables at outdoor pubs or restaurants for next week? Are you all planning haircuts as well?

Got a table booked at our local brewery on the 22nd for Mrs Hew's birthday. Hopefully we'll have some warmer weather by then.

I've got a haircut booked on the 19th but haven't attempted to book hospitality anywhere yet. Our first meetings are all park or garden based as I imagine getting in anywhere round here will be a pain- not many big beer gardens! Got a weekday off coming up for my partner's birthday so we might go for a wander and try our luck somewhere for an outdoor pint.

My gym is opening too but I normally only do classes (which aren't yet allowed) so keeping up with those online for now. Might venture in for a swim or gym session at some point though.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've got a haircut booked on the 19th but haven't attempted to book hospitality anywhere yet. Our first meetings are all park or garden based as I imagine getting in anywhere round here will be a pain- not many big beer gardens! Got a weekday off coming up for my partner's birthday so we might go for a wander and try our luck somewhere for an outdoor pint.

My gym is opening too but I normally only do classes (which aren't yet allowed) so keeping up with those online for now. Might venture in for a swim or gym session at some point though.

A after first lock down didn't ever book anywhere just relied on walk-up and luck. Always got lucky. 

3 hours ago, JB15 said:

How do you explain the fact that excess deaths are higher than 20-30k?

The excess deaths is the true indicator of how bad (or not) the pandemic has been. The other guy does have a point about sensationalising the total covid deaths. It can be misleading. 

I don't know about you but 20-30k more deaths over a year than normal doesn't scream out plague to me. 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

The excess deaths is the true indicator of how bad (or not) the pandemic has been. The other guy does have a point about sensationalising the total covid deaths. It can be misleading. 

I don't know about you but 20-30k more deaths over a year than normal doesn't scream out plague to me. 

But that excess was despite/ restricted by the lock down and restrictions in place, if we hadn't 'stayed out home' it would screaming out a lot more!

4 minutes ago, zico martin said:

But that excess was despite/ restricted by the lock down and restrictions in place, if we hadn't 'stayed out home' it would screaming out a lot more!

But we dont know that for sure yet. The jury is still out on the effectiveness of lockdowns... but that is a whole other discussion. 

12 minutes ago, zico martin said:

apparently lockdowns don't have any effect and it isn't that bad and it was all a fuss over nothing made up my looney nerd scientists because they wanted some attention.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

apparently lockdowns don't have any effect and it isn't that bad and it was all a fuss over nothing made up my looney nerd scientists because they wanted some attention.

great input there 👏

45 minutes ago, Havors said:

But we dont know that for sure yet. The jury is still out on the effectiveness of lockdowns... but that is a whole other discussion. 

What jury is still out? Seems pretty conclusive to me. Reduced contacts = reduced transmission. 

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

What jury is still out? Seems pretty conclusive to me. Reduced contacts = reduced transmission. 

Agree lockdowns do work.. I just don't think this country will put up with another one.. 

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Agree lockdowns do work.. I just don't think this country will put up with another one.. 

Yeah, I think we are all done with it now. There’s no appetite for any more lockdowns, regardless of the situation.  Especially as they’ve still not dealt with the borders.