When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

The Daily Heil genuinely has an article about Spaffer cancelling his pint on Monday ‘out of respect’ for Prince Philip!

To get back on topic, have any of you booked tables at outdoor pubs or restaurants for next week? Are you all planning haircuts as well?

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Daily Heil genuinely has an article about Spaffer cancelling his pint on Monday ‘out of respect’ for Prince Philip!

To get back on topic, have any of you booked tables at outdoor pubs or restaurants for next week? Are you all planning haircuts as well?

My kid wants us to buy her clothes...that's it. I'll have a drink outside when spring actually starts (and if I can find a table free). Have also discovered that my missus is pretty good at haircuts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Too fucking right. Glastonbury has never been about tugging your forelock to the establishment parasites.

Really surreal seeing wall to wall coverage mourning him (that likely will continue for days), when 150,000 people have died over the past year of covid (not to mention all the people who have died of cancer and other things) in this country alone, and I think we had 2 mins of silence for them total and that was it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

The shit thread sinks to new lows by dancing on the grave of a dead man.

Well done all. Glastonbury would be proud of you. 

I don’t think anyone is dancing on his grave but they just aren’t as upset about his passing as you.  Dying doesn’t expunge your record and his is well documented. He was 99, had a good innings and lived a life of luxury at our expense so I won’t be crying myself to sleep tonight. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Really surreal seeing wall to wall coverage mourning him (that likely will continue for days), when 150,000 people have died over the past year of covid (not to mention all the people who have died of cancer and other things) in this country alone, and I think we had 2 mins of silence for them total and that was it. 

Eight days of national mourning for PP...

8 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Eight days of national mourning for PP...

I wonder if the BBC radio stations are going to only play instrumental hold music for that long? 

Edited by stuie

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don’t think anyone is dancing on his grave but they just aren’t as upset about his passing as you.  Dying doesn’t expunge your record and his is well documented. He was 99, had a good innings and lived a life of luxury at our expense so I won’t be crying myself to sleep tonight. 

Who said I'm upset?

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

This is a fatal error people keep on making yet even on BBC it tells you ever single day.

150,000 people have not died OF covid.... They died within 28 days of a positive PCR test.

Likely death toll from covid in the UK is probably somewhere closer to around 20-30K.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

14 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Evidence?

It's says in small print on the rolling death toll ever single day on the news and has for months now. It clearly say in small print. *Deaths of ANY cause of after a positive PCR test. It's meaningless. Vast majority or dying of normal things like dementia, heart attack, strokes, cancer and happen to have had a Positive PCR test. Is a totally inappropriate use of the test as it's ran at a high cycle threshold at 45 currently on the NHS. This provides high positive result for dead viral fragments....WHO warned about anything over 25 cycles can not be in anyway meaningful.

Even if you are sick with covid.... It's mean it had a significant impact in your death it's typically that people are dying with a virus in thier system of other cause. The vast majority of people who are dying have around 2.6 to 3 comorbities already.... Depending where you are.

Imaging if we did mass testing for influenza of the sick and healthy in 2018 and 2019... The likely outcome would be the same, something around 150k deaths would be loosely attributed to influenza. Would it make it a pandemic? 

If you want evidence follow Dr Reiner fuelmich. He's a californian/german lawyer. He's filing class action lawsuits for the gross manipulation of PCR testing to artificially increase death tolls.

As for evidence of actual death toll of dying with Covid alone, you can get this from the ONS if you wanted. They publish weekly spreadsheets on it.

We will never know a precise figure.... But anybody banding round 150k as a death toll OF Covid has perhaps just been at the cool aid to much.

Hope this helps?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, chestwig said:

It's says in small print on the rolling death toll ever single day on the news and has for months now. It clearly say in small print. *Deaths of ANY cause of after a positive PCR test. It's meaningless. Vast majority or dying of normal things like dementia, heart attack, strokes, cancer and happen to have had a Positive PCR test. Is a totally inappropriate use of the test as it's ran at a high cycle threshold at 45 currently on the NHS. This provides high positive result for dead viral fragments....WHO warned about anything over 25 cycles can not be in anyway meaningful.

Even if you are sick with covid.... It's mean it had a significant impact in your death it's typically that people are dying with a virus in thier system of other cause. The vast majority of people who are dying have around 2.6 to 3 comorbities already.... Depending where you are.

Imaging if we did mass testing for influenza of the sick and healthy in 2018 and 2019... The likely outcome would be the same, something around 150k deaths would be loosely attributed to influenza. Would it make it a pandemic? 

If you want evidence follow Dr Reiner fuelmich. He's a californian/german lawyer. He's filing class action lawsuits for the gross manipulation of PCR testing to artificially increase death tolls.

As for evidence of actual death toll of dying with Covid alone, you can get this from the ONS if you wanted. They publish weekly spreadsheets on it.

We will never know a precise figure.... But anybody banding round 150k as a death toll OF Covid has perhaps just been at the cool aid to much.

Hope this helps?

Fuck off back to whichever Covid denial Facebook group you’re getting your bullshit from mate.

Hope this helps?

1 hour ago, chestwig said:

150,000 people have not died OF covid.... They died within 28 days of a positive PCR test.

That’s not quite correct. The two statistics in question are people who’ve died within 28 days of getting a positive test result (126,764), and people who have the virus mentioned on their death certificate as a cause (or partial cause) of death (150,837). Both numbers are the most recent from here

1 hour ago, chestwig said:

Hope this helps?

Bollox McBolloxface then.. 

For the record, no, it doesn't help. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Bollox McBolloxface then.. 

In fairness, it’s not unreasonable to argue that the popular consensus that 150k have died from Covid is probably an inflated figure, given deaths that may have occurred anyway, owing to pre-existing conditions. Covid may have pushed them over the line but if it wasn’t that, it may have been something else. 

I don’t want to attach myself to any conspiracies or take away from the slow motion tragedy we’re seeing unfold, but we do need to see statistics for what they are. 

Just now, kalifire said:

In fairness, it’s not unreasonable to argue that the popular consensus that 150k have died from Covid is probably an inflated figure, given deaths that may have occurred anyway, owing to pre-existing conditions. Covid may have pushed them over the line but if it wasn’t that, it may have been something else. 

I don’t want to attach myself to any conspiracies or take away from the slow motion tragedy we’re seeing unfold, but we do need to see statistics for what they are. 

Hmm, a rapid yet considered response. Are you sure you belong here 😊

Its the general denialist agenda I object to TBH.