When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, st dan said:

Seen as we are entering step 2 of the roadmap on Monday, that is one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever heard. 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They must have declared covid on holiday for the weekend then ? Or the end of the public health crisis ... any excuse for an accountability escape for a few days ... 

It has to only be for the weekend - apart from lie on Sunday breakfast TV all they do is leak through the press over weekends anyway. But come Monday they can't hide behind this 

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Given that some people remain in hospital for several weeks (see Kate Garraway husband for example) deaths may take a while to come down much further plus also there are some who will sadly for who aren’t yet vaccinated, plus the fact that the vaccines aren’t 100% effective at preventing deaths. Let’s remember what level of deaths they’ve come down from, while every death is clearly very sad, we’re doing well in the grand scheme of things

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Those deaths are being stubborn in dropping now .. Anecdotally my brother who has been helping the ambulance service said they had been taking some patients in who seemed to think one dose was going to stop covid ... 

One dose largely DOES stop covid. The vast majority of your protection comes from that first shot. 

58 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This one is straight at it even though body still probably bloody warm and she seriously doesn't see how this is disrespectful....

It's not the actual funeral itself that will be the issue, it will be people wanting to gather wherever to offer their respects to a rather mayor royal family member that's been around forever.... doesn't matter what rules are in place, nothing will stop any gatherings, laying of flowers etc. for this

She's just trying to be a smart arse (and as someone has said how long until the media blame Megan/Harry for killing him off... it will be suggested for sure 😞 )

Edited by shoptildrop

9 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Well he did kill Harry's mum in that tunnel. 

I think it's a bit too soon for that sort of thing tbh  😞 

I also see Piers Morgan is trending as people are wondering how long it will take him to blame Megan (plus Fox news already showing snippets of Piers comments about saying Philip is in hospital and they are doing interviews like this? sound like ball already rolling)

• Upvote 1

This man is so annoying in this interview- cranked that passive-aggressiveness up to 11! What a tosser!:

UK recognition of EU’s vaccine effort would not go amiss, says Brussels

The UK will be reliant on the EU to complete its vaccine rollout and a little recognition of that would not go amiss, the European commissioner leading Brussels’ vaccine taskforce has said – adding that Europe could have fully vaccinated 70% of adults before the UK reaches its own target of one dose for all over-18s by the end of July.

Thierry Breton also said AstraZeneca had agreed that almost all the Covid vaccine doses made in the Netherlands over which the UK has made a claim will stay in the EU.

The first phase of the UK’s vaccination rollout was “hugely impressive”, Breton said, but Britain was “starting to realise that one dose is not enough, that you also need second doses – and that to a large extent it will be dependent on Europe” for them. 

“I won’t suggest to the prime minister that he says thank you – that’s not my role,” he said. “But maybe a little signal to the women and men now working night and day in 53 factories across Europe to help supply the UK would be welcome.”

He said the UK had chosen a company to produce the Oxford vaccine that “had the advantage of being based in Britain, but no real experience in vaccine production … And we’re seeing today what that means.”

The EU would “not let Britain down”, he said. “My sole objective is to make sure Europe produces the vaccines, for us and our friends, because this is a pandemic. But I think people will understand that we will put ourselves first, then our friends – albeit with a very short space of time between the two.”

Breton said Pascal Soriot, the chief executive of AstraZeneca, had confirmed to him that all but 1.2m-1.5m doses at a Dutch plant owned by the Anglo-Swedish company’s Halix subcontractor would be delivered to EU member states.

Breton said the plant’s management had told him – contrary to some press reports – that it had received no UK government funding. Britain had nonetheless claimed a contractual right to the 7.5m doses a month it produced, later suggesting a 50/50 split.

Breton said AstraZeneca had conceded that all but one batch of the plant’s vaccines would stay in the EU. “I organised a three-way video teleconference between the CEOs of Halix and AstraZeneca, and finally the CEO of AstraZeneca recognised that all the production of Halix was planned to support the EU delivery,” he said.

Breton said the European commission and AstraZeneca had signed a “best efforts” contract relying on five factories, including two in the UK, “a few days” before Britain had signed its deal, which he said he had not seen.

“I’m told the British health minister has said the UK has an ‘exclusivity contract’,” he said. “But I cannot imagine the company took the legal risk of signing a ‘best efforts’ contract after signing an ‘exclusivity’ contract. That seems to me very dangerous legally. I cannot think it is the reality.”

The bloc is on course to meet its target of fully inoculating 70% of its adult population by mid-July, he said, “with vaccines that will all have been produced in Europe”. He said that after a slow start, “like the fable of the tortoise and the hare”, it looked as if the European campaign was accelerating as the British rollout was starting to flag.

“The British policy of prioritising first doses was completely understandable, but it means it now has to find second doses, and in a hurry,” he said. “I don’t want to make anyone anxious, we will of course do all we can to meet their needs, but we also have certain constraints in Europe.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/08/almost-all-dutch-made-astrazeneca-doses-will-stay-in-eu-says-brussels

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

I also see Piers Morgan is trending as people are wondering how long it will take him to blame Megan (plus Fox news already showing snippets of Piers comments about saying Philip is in hospital and they are doing interviews like this? sound like ball already rolling)

It's not.

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Too soon for this?

FB_IMG_1617979280764.jpg

On the football for people interested. UEFA has confirmed the attendance for Wembley will be 25% minimum. It will not increase until the semi or final stage and that is only something that could happen.

So that means that an event that on paper will be easier to distance than outdoor music and such likes where everyone can roam anywhere and everywhere, will only have 22.5k people until at least the 6th of July.

So to run any larger event in a much more interacted and roam free environment with up to 4x this capacity, they will have approx 7 weeks to sort it out. What is also means is that they are not confident of putting more than 22.5k fans into a venue by virtually the end of June. The 26th of June is the last Wembley date before the semi final.

Now how confident are organizers that this number will increase to double within 10 days? 

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

On the football for people interested. UEFA has confirmed the attendance for Wembley will be 25% minimum. It will not increase until the semi or final stage and that is only something that could happen.

So that means that an event that on paper will be easier to distance than outdoor music and such likes where everyone can roam anywhere and everywhere, will only have 22.5k people until at least the 6th of July.

So to run any larger event in a much more interacted and roam free environment with up to 4x this capacity, they will have approx 7 weeks to sort it out. What is also means is that they are not confident of putting more than 22.5k fans into a venue by virtually the end of June. The 26th of June is the last Wembley date before the semi final.

Now how confident are organizers that this number will increase to double within 10 days? 

Depends how much notice they need. We should know a lot more by middle of May how things are going. I feel they are being careful and nothing is set in stone.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Depends how much notice they need. We should know a lot more by middle of May how things are going. I feel they are being careful and nothing is set in stone.

Of course. I'm just going by the current stand. UEFA have come back very quick though from the request with their answer. I think for Reading to proceed, they need to change that to allowed 45k in by July 11th.

Maybe someone can give a time of when the festival would have to start making expenditures or even when middle of August festivals would as I have a ticket to one of those...it's independent too I believe and I'm expecting a cancel and so is the latter one.

8 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

The shit thread sinks to new lows by dancing on the grave of a dead man.

Well done all. Glastonbury would be proud of you. 

Normally I would agree with you but we are dealing with someone who had little concern for his fellow man,

"I just wonder what it would be like to be reincarnated in an animal whose species had been so reduced in numbers than it was in danger of extinction. What would be its feelings toward the human species whose population explosion had denied it somewhere to exist… I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus.” ― Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (in his preface to If I Were an Animal published by Robin Clark Ltd in 1986.)

Most of us would try to come up with a less drastic solution to this problem. I suspect the apple didn't fall far from the tree, best to keep a close eye on Charles and his globalist mates.