When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

On 4/7/2021 at 4:24 PM, SophieBee said:

Exciting! Let us know whether you had the placebo or real deal. I'm still firmly convinced I had the placebo due to my zilch reaction following either jab, but will know for certain next week.

Turned out that I had received the vaccine, two shots actually. Blood sample taken today and then got stuck in shit tons of traffic driving home as a thank you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, steviewevie said:

God save our queen, union jacks on the Aussie flag etc... 

Vaccine roll-out has been an absolute disaster in Australia. A G20 country and we are going to have to rely on COVAX for access to vaccines. There is still obviously plenty of positives in the management up until now (deaths, economy, mental well being of citizens) but we are going to fail at the final step and miss the transition out. A quadruple backflip but we've landed on our head.

So much for Xmas at home this year.

11 hours ago, km9 said:

Turned out that I had received the vaccine, two shots actually. Blood sample taken today and then got stuck in shit tons of traffic driving home as a thank you.

Good news! Out of interest, did they say anything about how this might count towards a covid passport of any sort? 

9 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

Good news! Out of interest, did they say anything about how this might count towards a covid passport of any sort? 

Yes, I will receive a letter to confirm that I've had a vaccine in the next couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

4 minutes ago, km9 said:

Yes, I will receive a letter to confirm that I've had a vaccine in the next couple of weeks. 

Placebo for me! Defiantly suffered from the placebo effect on the first jab, so so weird!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, km9 said:

Placebo effect is very real. It must be very strange to know that it happened to you though. Did you get the jab yesterday then?

Was dead weird! No I got unblinded shortly after my second dose as I was offered the jab via the NHS, still participating in the trial I think they are also assessing the AZ/Pfizer vs J&J 1 dose and 2, sounds complicated 

52 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Sounds like covid passports the price to drop social distancing

It’s really irritating that this is presented in such a black and white way. There are other options than covid passports, which we’re not even certain are effective. They may even reduce trust in the vaccine amongst those who are hesitant, in turn potentially increasing risk.