When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Twice a week here

Just occurred to me then that our community numbers could be even better than we think- if everyone in hospital is being tested twice a week, presumably that includes those in hospital for covid reasons too, apart from maybe the most critically ill (and includes those who repeatedly test positive but are being treated for something else like my Grandad was). So we shouldn't expect it to fall too much below the number of people in hospital with covid at any point. Never thought of it that way. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, phimill said:

So with the expectation that 32million is groups 1-9. We should hit this tomorrow (reported on Saturday). Do we expect 49-45 to be opened up for the rest of the UK from Monday?

I don’t think officially they’ll say that as April is supposed to be 2nd dose month but that doesn’t mean that local area won’t move onto that age group. 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just occurred to me then that our community numbers could be even better than we think- if everyone in hospital is being tested twice a week

Yep as far as i know plus also the staff. Its also the same for prisons and other residential institutions. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just got some good news im going to be sallowed to meet with my wife tomorrow outside the hospital will be the first time ive seen her in weeks. Alsoo that my trsnsfer to aother hosputal should happen ssoon but not before the end of next week. 

Great news mate 😃

Just had my second dose of pfizer, they said that sometimes it was busy and sometimes quite a few people didn't show up.

Do try your best to make the appointments or at the very least let them know ASAP if you can't - daft this needs saying (it's mainly health staff being jabbed at the place I went to, so they really should know how frustrating no-shows can be).

I do hope people don't take a relaxed attitude to the second dose, it's vital people make the minimal effort to book and show up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Just had my second dose of pfizer, they said that sometimes it was busy and sometimes quite a few people didn't show up.

Do try your best to make the appointments or at the very least let them know ASAP if you can't - daft this needs saying (it's mainly health staff being jabbed at the place I went to, so they really should know how frustrating no-shows can be).

I do hope people don't take a relaxed attitude to the second dose, it's vital people make the minimal effort to book and show up. 

Awesome news that you’ve had your 2nd dose. Hopefully you’ll get no side effects!

1 hour ago, incident said:

They certainly do if you take them out of context.

It's been pointed out repeatedly, but the site you're using for "numbers" is a site that is doing a very simplistic extrapolation based on the hugely flawed assumption that what we're doing currently is what we'll continue doing forever.

So far it's been wrong far, far more often than it's been right.

To cover all 3 points I agree. But with the current situation I'd rather be cautious and go based on now. If I don't, my head will run away with gig ticket money lol.

And let's be honest as well. This is actually a time when the shortage is very much there to be seen so I'm covering my own mind.

51 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This sounds good but in reality equates to roughly 14k a day which obviously whilst great to have the extra won't make much of a dent!

As per these two, as great as 14k extra that's 114k a day which drags out. We were doing an average of 400k a day at one point. Yes everything can change but if you plan for something for example and it doesn't come off. I'll then be reminded of a chance I took.

Edited by thewayiam

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Too bad they are not US based - because the US always mistake Australia and Austria, thinking Austria is the one with Koalas and Kangeroos. 
Would have helped as AZ had again delivering problems here. So AZ last 2 weeks here - nope. 

25 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Awesome news that you’ve had your 2nd dose. Hopefully you’ll get no side effects!

Thanks! Should hopefully allow me to returning to being able to offer some face to face counselling in a few weeks for those that don't want telephone/zoom, though I'll stick to also doing phone/zoom counselling for the most part as I think it's safer for those that haven't been vaccinated yet, or who have compromised immune systems- plus I think some people prefer it!

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

just think...we can go to Ikea on Monday.

dont forget those lovely qs for primark .... on a positive though it will make the supermarkets a fair bit quieter ..... and I can get the mop cut .... might have already mentioned that I have hair very similar to a regular posters username on this thread 

This is like Brit Comedy:

A dispute about the two-meter distance escalated completely on Wednesday evening in a shop in Spittal an der Drau/Austria. According to police, a married couple, a 61-year-old man and his 58-year-old wife, got into an argument with a group of young people because they believed they had not kept their distance from them. In the course of the dispute, a 15-year-old girl and a 17-year-old were injured, and the boy also damaged the couple's car.

As the police announced in a broadcast, the dispute had shifted from the checkout area of the store to the parking lot. After the 58-year-old was insulted by the 15-year-old, the older lady slapped the young person in the face (which obviously meant the two-meter distance was not reached, note). The couple then wanted to drive away, the 17-year-old hit and wrote on the car and damaged it. To escape, the 61-year-old drove off, which is why the 17-year-old fell.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont forget those lovely qs for primark .... on a positive though it will make the supermarkets a fair bit quieter ..... and I can get the mop cut .... might have already mentioned that I have hair very similar to a regular posters username on this thread 

Hello! 👋🏻