When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Thanks - I'm not assuming you'd know whether it's likely I'll be able to be rebooked for lithotripsy atm....it'll be on a hospital-by-hospital basis in terms of waiting lists etc. Obviously anything more essential - cancer-screening etc, I'd rather goes ahead of me in the queue.

Sorry to say but you'll be pretty far down the priority list. Urology procedures (in fact all elective procedures) are bottom of the priority list. 

Vaccine role out also impacts on availability of nursing staff meaning clinics are understaffed. 

As long as it doesn't cause a blockage it will probably be a while.

Saying that every hospital is different and you might be lucky!

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

We need this number to go up heavily! The 2nd doses is decent but the fist is pushing dates for the under 50s further and further back. We are now the second week of August before they will be started.

I'm pretty sure the target remains as the end of July for all adults so highly doubt you are correct on that front?

39 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I found it interesting that previous infection in past 6 months is being considered at least (based on press briefings) for the vaccine passport. IF that's the case, inferring that sage accept it's good for protection for that time, we could potentially be in a position to have everyone either vaccinated OR having had a previous test in the past 6 months by an earlier date than we could get everyone vaccinated if they can think of a way to organise it.

In that situation for younger age groups (35 down?) we could theoretically prioritise those without a positive test in the massive winter wave and then sweep up the rest just after. Logically it makes sense if only from a "get the most people protected" perspective but probably isn't possible. 

I also don't think past infection is going to actually be used in the vaccine passport - anything that can be seen as an incentive to get infected is not going to work here 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm pretty sure the target remains as the end of July for all adults so highly doubt you are correct on that front?

It's via omni calculator. They've got to get a huge amount from the shortage there is to give every adult here a second vaccines. 90k+ 1st doses isn't a good stat and it's been low for pushing a week now.

Their target may be end of July, but then my target this year was to be a millionaire lol.

4 hours ago, Mellotr0n said:

Learning that right now about getting a kidney stone removed - had it since last July and it's a real ball (/kidney) ache...

I don’t mean to trivialise your problems but whenever I see ‘kidney stones’ I can’t help but think of Friends when Joey has them.

’is it this?’

’no, it’s kidney stones’

😆

• Downvote 1

It's via omni calculator. They've got to get a huge amount from the shortage there is to give every adult here a second vaccines. 90k+ 1st doses isn't a good stat and it's been low for pushing a week now.

Their target may be end of July, but then my target this year was to be a millionaire lol.

They have hit all the targets so far with regards jabs ... not something I’m gonna knock them for ... and are quite clearly repeating they won’t miss targets on today’s news ... now I’d probably say they are gonna hit those targets 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They have hit all the targets so far with regards jabs ... not something I’m gonna knock them for ... and are quite clearly repeating they won’t miss targets on today’s news ... now I’d probably say they are gonna hit those targets 

Well obviously let's hope so. But numbers don't lie.

• Downvote 1

Well obviously let's hope so. But numbers don't lie.

They certainly do if you take them out of context.

It's been pointed out repeatedly, but the site you're using for "numbers" is a site that is doing a very simplistic extrapolation based on the hugely flawed assumption that what we're doing currently is what we'll continue doing forever.

So far it's been wrong far, far more often than it's been right.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Where did they all come from? 😍

We always had them, it’s just that we need to use them for 2nd doses. The supply issues have meant we can’t do both those 2nd doses and keep up the strong rate of the 1st doses. Still really good numbers though. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

It is an interesting article, seems like for some people it's a way of managing/regulating their anxiety- by believing the virus is exaggerated/a conspiracy it makes it seem less threatening, and by them 'seeing through it' and knowing 'the truth' and organising against it, they feel more powerful and in control, which again helps diminish their anxiety.

For others they have a vested interest/ want to believe it's a conspiracy as it has financial implications, and the burden of proof will always be lower if you want to believe something vs if you don't.

For other people the just like twists in films and tv shows, so want there to be one in real life!

Definitely worth a read!

I've just come back from one of the former SSRs where there is massive vaccine hesitancy (c.65% refuse to take one). There is a huge online vaccine disinformation campaign being waged by their nearest and largest neighbour (and former power) designed to destabilise the country and weaken it at the same time there are large troop buildups on their eastern border. This power also tried to gift huge amounts of their own vaccine (not approved in UK) but it was refused by the country on the basis that hey don't trust the originating country, nor do they trust the vaccine to be what they say it is.

This was compounded by the fact that a large stockpile of gifted vaccine in an neighbouring country on their western border was discovered to be  different to what the gifting country had said it was (Sputnik). Yet to get to the bottom of that one.

Where I was is getting hammered and they have only be able to get hold of the Chinese vacs (Sinovac I think) in limited quantities and have managed a grand total of under 250,000 shots since the beginning of the year.

No wonder conspiracy theories and suspicion are rife and are jumped on. Such crises can provide cover for actions that might be dismissed as a wacko conspiracy but might actually have elements of truth. 

57 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

We need this number to go up heavily! The 2nd doses is decent but the fist is pushing dates for the under 50s further and further back. We are now the second week of August before they will be started.

Things will pick up. Moderna is coming in soon so we will have 100k extra week 

Just now, aj6658 said:

Things will pick up. Moderna is coming in soon so we will have 100k extra week 

This sounds good but in reality equates to roughly 14k a day which obviously whilst great to have the extra won't make much of a dent!

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

We need to keep in mind the government are saying all adults will be OFFERED a jab by end of July...  That isn't a jab in the arm...  That is simply letting you go on the website and book an appointment.

This IS going to run into August..  I have no doubts...

Nope Hancock said at the beginning that being offered means having the first jab before the deadline date. They say offered to account people refusing.