When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Just realised we’ve been under a pretty strict lockdown for almost 3 and a half months- how does our total lockdown time for the past 12 months compare globally? (So this lockdown plus last years) Are there any comparison charts out there? (Not making a point here, I’m just genuinely curious!)- I think some parts of manchester have been under close to strict lockdown for nearly 11 of the 12 months!

Lockdowns compared: tracking governments’ coronavirus responses | Free to read | Financial Times (ft.com)

This is the FT tracker. Only tracks at a national level but should somewhat show what you are interested in. 

image.thumb.png.ed328dd1f4b655832d3a12975125335a.png

image.png.f18e163386078ead4c2019968a5d370e.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Interesting read. As long suspected, a lot of these people seem to have had an emotional reaction to the pandemic then tried to construct a narrative around that. The problem being, the pandemic doesn't give a shit about your emotions.

Also, they don't seem to realise that a lot of who follow the rules, etc don't like lockdown either - we just choose not to whinge about it all the time. (Though I will concede that some of these people in the article seem to have had worse lockdowns that I have.)

The Pfizer and Moderna jabs have reported next to no side effects or risks of clotting have they? That’s why people are slightly concerned with taking the AZ, because there are clearly safer alternatives out there. I don’t think it’s anything to do with fear of the vaccines in general. 

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Interesting read. As long suspected, a lot of these people seem to have had an emotional reaction to the pandemic then tried to construct a narrative around that. The problem being, the pandemic doesn't give a shit about your emotions.

Also, they don't seem to realise that a lot of who follow the rules, etc don't like lockdown either - we just choose not to whinge about it all the time. (Though I will concede that some of these people in the article seem to have had worse lockdowns that I have.)

I would be interested to see if there numbers grow as the death rates reduces and hospitalisations go up if we keep locking down following the vaccination programme success.

I agree most people dont like lockdown, but some people do like the moral superiority of following lockdown rules and dont have empathy for people finding it hard

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I would be interested to see if there numbers grow as the death rates reduces and hospitalisations go up if we keep locking down following the vaccination programme success.

I agree most people dont like lockdown, but some people do like the moral superiority of following lockdown rules and dont have empathy for people finding it hard

Yeah, was interested to read there are four anti-lockdown mayoral candidates. I mean, well be quite a long way out of lockdown come Monday!

11 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Well well well...

Cannot find the actual UCL model but what is this 1 in 10 innate immunity through infection with other Coronavirus and are we really at 42% exposure to Covid (presume this means cases and not including those tested for antibodies who have been vaccinated?)

CBC82960-5694-485B-BBA1-A15EE6ACDF71.jpeg

Just now, onthebeach said:

Cannot find the actual UCL model but what is this 1 in 10 innate immunity through infection with other Coronavirus and are we really at 42% exposure to Covid (presume this means cases and not including those tested for antibodies who have been vaccinated?)

Friston is a hack. i wouldnt take it seriously

European Health Ministers again divided about the AZ vaccine after yesterdays virtual meeting following the EMA/EU statement. „Harmonization at EU will be essential to stop the spread of misinformation“ portuguese health minister Marta Temido called for a close cooperation. At the moment there are different age limits for the use of the AZ vaccine -

France over 55 yrs, Germany and Spain over 60 yrs, Finnland over 65 yrs, Austria and others having defined no limits at all.

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, was interested to read there are four anti-lockdown mayoral candidates. I mean, well be quite a long way out of lockdown come Monday!

The mayor of London doesn’t even have any lockdown reversing powers, so what they gonna do? 😂

4 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

There have been a bunch of immunologists trying to ram home the point t & b cells are the most important factor in immunity. Anti bodies are after the fact showing you have had the virus and fought it (or a vaccine). Its the future tcell response that is important as they will produce the antibodies again when someone comes into contact with the virus again.

Meaning a lot of people wont actually "need" another vaccination per say (no harm in having them though to help). Obviously the elderly will likely need them each year as their immune systems are not what they used to be. 

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup

That's the thing with models and statisticians... they are like arseholes, they all have one. They all infer their own assumptions and are wrong a lot of the time. Calling them a hack is a leap though...