When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

people on these boards will have taken much more dodgy stuff

I just said exactly this to a mate who’s fretting about the safety of the vaccine but will happily buy things off a man wearing a multicolour trenchcoat in a forest 😂

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Depends a bit on when you had it? I think anything past 6 months the immune response can start to drop off, but if it was more recent I can see the argument for waiting.

Had it in early January so still some protection. If I were to contract it again in future, I’m pretty sure I’d be able to fight it off as I had little/no real symptoms. And I just seems i now have to make a 250,000/1 decision as to whether I’d be one of these unfortunate affected by the clotting side effects of the vaccine. Will almost certainly still take it, but it’s a dilemma to have in my own mind, given my circumstances. 

30 minutes ago, km9 said:

Me too. In fact I'll be doing this in exactly 24 hours time!

Exciting! Let us know whether you had the placebo or real deal. I'm still firmly convinced I had the placebo due to my zilch reaction following either jab, but will know for certain next week.

1 hour ago, SophieBee said:

Actually funnily enough I just got a call from my trial centre - they are ready to unblind us and I have my appointment next week, where I'll find out if I had the active or placebo (and will get the single shot if it was the placebo). So they must be expecting an announcement from MHRA authorising use by Monday (appointments started Tuesday!)

Edit: sorry, meant to say, it's the J&J trial I'm on

Yeah Mrs Starbuck is in the same boat. Was meant to find out last week but told there was a delay. Makes sense that they’re waiting for approval. I thought it would be supply issues but that makes more sense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

They do not to provide some balance to highlight how tiny a risk there is from the vaccine against the risk of become ill normally, when Covid isnt an issue, such as by using the contraceptive pill which I suspect is much higher, natural causes, or getting clots without the vaccine, even going to a music festival, etc! The numbers are so small that there needs to be some balance to the the headline "increased risk" 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Still think the timing of all of this is very convenient given the current supply issues, and the fact that the rollout in groups 1-9 have now almost been completed. Would have been a nightmare if vaccine confidence went away before both of these occurred. 

Occam’s razor.

Reason this is coming out now is BECAUSE so many people have had jabs. It’s really rare so only shows up in the data after millions of doses. No conspiracy required!

1 hour ago, SophieBee said:

Exciting! Let us know whether you had the placebo or real deal. I'm still firmly convinced I had the placebo due to my zilch reaction following either jab, but will know for certain next week.

I will. I will be very surprised if I had the placebo. Headaches and the sweats all night after the first one. 

4 hours ago, stuie said:

Does anyone that’s working at a vaccination centre have any info on going for left over jabs at the end of the day? 

I’m hearing of people who know people who’ve been and waited at the end of the day and got left overs and was wondering how much truth there is in it? 

I’m 40, in good health. Is it worth a go? 
I wouldn’t want to take the chance away from anyone in need but happy to be the waste bin replacement! 

3 hours ago, tigger123 said:

I queued up and got a spare dose a couple of weeks ago in London. From my experience the smaller sites are a better bet so pharmacy and GP surgeries rather than the mass vaccination sites as all sites quite rightly prioritise spare doses for volunteers at the sites and given the mass vaccination sites are bigger, there are more volunteers so your chance of getting a spare one yourself is lower. This could be different in other areas but this is my experience. I queued for 90 mins before it closed and got the last one on my day (I was 6th in the queue and the man at the front had been queueing for 5 hours!) but as others have said it’s pot luck as to how many, if any, doses they have, so you may not be successful on your first couple of attempts

Just to add to what others have said. My site is a small one but not pharmacy or GP. We've not had people waiting to see if we have any extras and as far as I'm aware there have been very few left over and they've been used up on volunteers. I did have one woman who asked about her husband maybe getting one. He was booked in for a couple of days later and it was just to save them coming back. They were told to try at the end of the day but on that occasion there weren't any.

My first shift, when they were still doing 70+ if I remember rightly, the receptionists were calling around to get extra people in before we closed. Mostly/all carers of one kind or another. Haven't seen that recently though