When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Interesting where this leaves those in their early 30s (like myself) who won’t be offered an alternative vaccine, yet they deem the AZ risky enough for those a few years younger to be offered a different type. 
Although it’s obviously very rare, sadly somebody does need to be that 1 in 250,000 who are affected. 

highier chance of catching and dying from Covid id have thought

Just now, Ozanne said:

I’m 35 so in the same boat as you (mid-30s I know 😆)

It’s a strange one isn’t it, I obviously won’t turn down the AZ if that is what is offered to me - but if I had a choice it would certainly be bottom of the list. 

Glad they’re also mentioning the risks of clotting with contracting Covid is much higher - hope that is the takeaway line from all of this. 

Just now, SophieBee said:

Actually funnily enough I just got a call from my trial centre - they are ready to unblind us and I have my appointment next week, where I'll find out if I had the active or placebo (and will get the single shot if it was the placebo). So they must be expecting an announcement from MHRA authorising use by Monday (appointments started Tuesday!)

Which vaccine was that for?

Do we think that they should potentially change tactic regarding approach of how they move down through the groups now? As in start inviting 18-29 year olds at the same time of 30-39 year olds, but split what vaccine they’ll be allocated? 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

It’s a strange one isn’t it, I obviously won’t turn down the AZ if that is what is offered to me - but if I had a choice it would certainly be bottom of the list. 

Glad they’re also mentioning the risks of clotting with contracting Covid is much higher - hope that is the takeaway line from all of this. 

I feel exactly the same as you, I’d take another one if I had the choice but I’d still have the AZ one. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

I think most people would choose a different vaccine over AZ at this stage...

2 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Do we think that they should potentially change tactic regarding approach of how they move down through the groups now? As in start inviting 18-29 year olds at the same time of 30-39 year olds, but split what vaccine they’ll be allocated? 

I think they should stick to age still. Benefits of protecting 40-49 years old more than 18-29

5 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

My wife had the az vaccine last week and is now panicking with all the blood clot talk on the news the last couple days. I've been reassuring her that the chances are so slim its not worth worrying about. She's 38 and healthy, surely if anything we're to happen it would happen in the next day or 2 following the jab? How do I convince her thats its safe to get the 2nd jab?! 

The JCVI have just said that 2nd doses for AZ should go ahead as scheduled. 

48 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Thankyou following some live chat with the Dr and a load of photos, and a follow up call with a different Dr they think it cellulitis so has been prescribed some antibiotics to see how that is for a day or so. With instructions of go to A&E if it changes colour. 

the symptom to worry about is pins & needles

48 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Her arm actually looked pretty cool like a dry ground but the cracks were red rather than cracks 

5 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

No, but only because the Admin overheads of that approach would slow down the entire process.

It's already slowing things down to an extent, trying to make sure the right product is available in the right place and right quantities for second doses, and that's with only 2 in active use.

This is only really a problem because there are alternative vaccines available which are both safer and more effective.
If there were clear clotting risks with all vaccines, or the AZ was all that was available, then I think it would pretty much be a non-issue. 

Can't say I'm jumping for joy, as a woman who just turned 30 two months ago. I know they have to draw a line somewhere but being so close to that line does give pause for thought.

As I'm still a way off being invited to take up any vaccine at this point I'm not worrying too much about it yet, but I really hope there is another vaccine on line that I'll be able to take when it comes to be my turn.

12 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

Sorry, realised after I posted that I didn't say and have now edited - it was the J&J two dose trial I'm on.

Ace.

Hopefully we'll get some news next week then!

Seemingly won't actually be distributed until July but more weapons in the armory given this latest news is positive.

• Upvote 1

Still think the timing of all of this is very convenient given the current supply issues, and the fact that the rollout in groups 1-9 have now almost been completed. Would have been a nightmare if vaccine confidence went away before both of these occurred. 

17 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

Actually funnily enough I just got a call from my trial centre - they are ready to unblind us and I have my appointment next week, where I'll find out if I had the active or placebo (and will get the single shot if it was the placebo). So they must be expecting an announcement from MHRA authorising use by Monday (appointments started Tuesday!)

Edit: sorry, meant to say, it's the J&J trial I'm on

Me too. In fact I'll be doing this in exactly 24 hours time!

• Upvote 1