When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yi don't have the power to make you intelligent. 

OK OK one reply to that post with an insult was surely enough! I took the first one with no argument as I'm taking this one and not disagreeing but come on 😂. (Deserved I know)

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

For those interested in what’s going on in Chile (had great vaccine roll out but have still hit a third wave:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/world/americas/chile-vaccination-cases-surge.html

So maybe the main problem is them using the CoronaVac (as well as Pfizer), as it only has a 50% efficacy rate for preventing mild to severe cases

It also talks of a slower route map to opening being a better option .... sort of like what we are doing really !! 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Improve what you post and improve this thread. 

That's definitely less insulting and more practical! More likely less posting would be best though...

And I've got to say I admire the lack of usage of your admin powers on this thread, would be so easy to do! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

As much as I strongly disagree with some of the elements of discussion on here .... if this thread were one sided we wouldn’t be well over 3000 pages now ... discussion keeps the thread going ... even if sometimes people might get a little too heated and need to respect others a little more ... 

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ha fine ill stop talking about it. Its the only thing I care about around all this so it clouds my vision! 

😂 thanks! Some of us are still holding on to the little glimmer of hope! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Morale well and truly battered from today’s events re vaccine passports, SAGE modelling, Chile etc. Back to feeling no real end in sight again even if things do improve soon. 

I can't say mine is because what we have is what is expected. I've not allowed myself to be like, oh from May 17th or June 21st etc because I take them with caution and the vaccination process is vastly slowing down with one stopped atm bar 2nd does. I've never believed bar this April one that they were realistic dates. The international travel easing will be a slow process and dictated upon how well the said countries are to whether we can enter or not. There are few few countries close to us in Europe that are doing well and will be at point of travel by May 17th. Portugal are doing about the best of them all but France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Belgium there is no chance. June is very unlikely for some of those too. Outside of them some places the UK visits a lot are doing very bad.

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Don't go praising the ignoraant feard driiven cpasp he's been paying s ing

(Please take this in the fun way that it is intended)

This is like a game of efestivals blankety blank.

My guess is that you're saying "don't go praising the ignorant Ford driving chap, he's been playing Sting".

Well the news this morning certainly has a negative tone to it.

It seems that just when we get a whiff of normality it gets kicked further down the road. We were promised everything would be driven by data, data we all have access to, data which clearly shows we aren’t on course to a SAGE doomsday scenario yet we are suckerpunced by vaccine passports amongst other things which suggest otherwise.

With that in mind please do reach out if you are struggling with your mental health during this period.

The government and those advising them are showing scant regard for this but there is plenty of help out there, don’t be afraid to take the first step.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yep, that completely passed me by (I was working 6-7 day weeks back in November and December so only really kept up with the guardians covid live thing) - thanks for bringing my attention to it!

Weirdly I'd done a lot of reading on Ethiopia just before covid broke out as I'd found out some of my dad's family were from the Northern region (ironically the very spot that's in civil war)

I hope any family you may still have in that region are safe! The highlands of Ethiopia have always appealed as the peoples and wildlife and scenery all look fascinating. I love Africa and hopefully next step for me, because of charity connections, is Uganda. 

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I don’t think the politics or the people will go for more of the same beyond June 21st.  Just reading around various forums of differing demographics the vast majority say thing have to be way better come June.

Boris will be toast if he sides with Whitty and Valance beyond June 

Boris put that June date out there and the vast majority of people aren’t following all of this as closely as us on here. They think it will end on the 21st - and I can’t see the government stopping them doing what they want from that date onwards.

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Boris put that June date out there and the vast majority of people aren’t following all of this as closely as us on here. They think it will end on the 21st - and I can’t see the government stopping them doing what they want from that date onwards.

Yup. The doom mongering nerds trying to keep us muzzled and 2 metres apart from family members probably need get out of their labs and into the real world more.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup. The doom mongering nerds trying to keep us muzzled and 2 metres apart from family members probably need get out of their labs and into the real world more.

Did someone (maybe even you?) put on here a few of the scientists are concerned their time in the spotlight is about to fade and they know bad news sells?

I hope things continue to open up and the ‘cautious but irreversible’ roadmap continues to be just that.

I honestly think at this point that the majority of people are willing to take the risks with Covid in the coming months and into the future, especially if they have been vaccinated. There may be some risks, but there is a life to be lived out there that people want back.  

• Upvote 1