When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

No because the 1 in 55,000 got just 120k compensation and considering it impacts your work and enjoyment of life. Yes I know that's a different vaccine and different circumstances but it's not as if we can predict the future. 

My risk of getting covid is so slim, its a difficult decision for me to get a jab when there are unknowns. As I previously said I may get it when I'm offered it in a few months or I may need more time to feel comfortable with the decision. 

just shutup bellyaching and get jabbed.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Plesestfu you're making some of the worst posts in events history.and you have some serious competition on that.

You have the power to sort this thread out you know and I think we're nearly at the point you should (me especially - I just can't help myself)... just let me still read it  when you finally get to that point please! 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

You have the power to sort this thread out you know and I think we're nearly at the point you should (me especially - I just can't help myself)... just let me still read it  when you finally get to that point please! 

You have thelowerto prove yourself an idiot

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There is no need to be rude. You fit into this category among with many others yourself.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You have thelowerto prove yourself an idiot

Not arguing he's completely right! I've realised it today after (I think) being bad with it recently and seem to be making things worse😂 

Edited by efcfanwirral

As an aside from conspiracy theories does anyone have any experience in trying to get back in to a hacked Facebook account?

My wife’s account has had the full works done on it (email address changed etc.) and she’s now in an endless loop which is going nowhere when trying to get back on to it. Facebook isn’t very clear on how to sort it out so we’re at a dead end.

Posting for advice on this subject on here really is a last throw of the dice but any help appreciated!

46 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

LONDON (Reuters) - The experience of Chile shows that a quick COVID-19 vaccine rollout is not necessarily enough to avoid lockdowns, England’s Chief Medical Officer said on Monday, saying a steady and cautious approach to easing restrictions was important.

Britain has given a first vaccine dose to over 31.5 million people, leading some in Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s party to urge him to end England’s lockdown more quickly.

But Chile, which also has one of the world’s quickest vaccination rates, has closed its borders and tightened an already strict lockdown.

Chris Whitty said that Chile’s experience had contrasted with that of Israel, and it was unclear whether it was due to the timings of rollout, the vaccines used, interactions with coronavirus variants or other factors.

“We don’t yet know... we absolutely need to learn from those countries that are far ahead of us in terms of or alongside us in terms of vaccine rollout, and those are two of the key ones,” he told a news conference.

“This is the reason we wants to do things in a steady way because the assumption that just because you vaccinate lots of people, then the problem goes away, I think Chile is quite a good corrective to that.”

Reporting by Kate Holton, writing by Alistair Smout; editing by Guy Faulconbridge

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-britain-chile/chile-shows-quick-covid-vaccine-rollout-does-not-mean-lockdowns-end-uk-official-idUSL9N2KM005

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Rumours that the AZ will be suspended in younger people in the UK. Horrific decision if true. 

I don't think it will be? If the evidence points to a different strategy being needed then we should do that. 

With Moderna coming on stream next week it shouldn't really delay things to much.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Rumours that the AZ will be suspended in younger people in the UK. Horrific decision if true. 

Might not be as bad as it seems- no first doses are scheduled for younger people for at least a month or two, giving them plenty of time to further investigate things. Even if they decide to keep the suspension going beyond then, hopefully we’ll have some other vaccines to give younger people by then (Pfizer, moderna etc).

I think I said when the article was published, I don’t agree with suspending it in the middle of a pandemic when the risk of not getting the vaccine probably outweigh ts the risk of getting it, but at the same time the way they seemingly withheld the news of the deaths until bank holiday weekend was very cynical news management.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

think I said when the article was published, I don’t agree with suspending it in the middle of a pandemic when the risk of not getting the vaccine probably outweigh ts the risk of getting it, but at the same time the way they seemingly withheld the news of the deaths until bank holiday weekend was very cynical news management.

The only reason for them suspending it as well would be if that calculation on risk had changed in light of new evidence.

1 hour ago, theevilfridge said:

So only three times more likely than *literally dying*. There’s hospitalisation and long Covid to consider as well.

Remember though, he said he's not afraid of dying of covid, just afraid of side effects 🙄

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

The only reason for them suspending it as well would be if that calculation on risk had changed in light of new evidence.

Not necessarily - correct me if I’m wrong but is this the first vaccination for anything that they have actively encouraged all young adults to go out and get? So nothing like this never been conducted on this scale and to this population, and therefore even tiny percentages could result in unnecessary vaccine related deaths. It maybe has led to a rethink in the strategy. 

Edited by st dan

57 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yi don't have the power to make you intelligent. 

For those interested in what’s going on in Chile (had great vaccine roll out but have still hit a third wave:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/world/americas/chile-vaccination-cases-surge.html

So maybe the main problem is them using the CoronaVac (as well as Pfizer), as it only has a 50% efficacy rate for preventing mild to severe cases