When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That waffling about the "covid certification" tells me it's in at stage 4. He just kept talking and talking 

Completely agree. Was very vague about having a vote in Parliament on it as well. 

Increasingly resigned to the fact that its coming in and that it won't be going away. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

1st Doses of the vaccine have all but ceased it seems is today's big news.

yep - tho it was Easter Sunday, so prob worth seeing how the first proper week of Easter pans out. Tho April is "2nd dose month" so its not a huge shock, I guess

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yes, so TD discusses that...and assuming your main worry is blood clots in AZ...what you're saying is not being dismissed by ToiletDuck who is topdog on this thread....and is needs to be investigated more. But, still...he does stress it is very rare, and maybe they will suggest some vulnerable people maybe should take a different vaccine....

I've already mentioned I've not been speaking about blood clots. I've been speaking about the unknown and how young , healthy people maybe reluctant. I'm more scared of the vaccine and the unknown than of dying of covid (0.0006% chance of dying ). People have a choice its their health and body. No where have I said I'm anti vax and not taking the vaccine but that's want I get labelled with because I don't just fall in line. 

I've used previous examples how we've been told vaccines safe. UK Health Protection Agency (now Public Health England) undertook a major study of 4- to 18-year-olds and found that around one in every 55,000 Pandemrix jabs led to narcolepsy. Can people not have access to that information and make a choice based on that information. I don't understand how I'm anti vax for bringing that up. 

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Eggheads trying to keep us locked up longer

I do think festivals need to consider just knocking it on the head this year, regrouping and planning for 2022. It's clearly not happening - i think revising our expectations to just not having social distancing in pubs is the optimistic end of what the summer will look like to be honest 

4 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I've already mentioned I've not been speaking about blood clots. I've been speaking about the unknown and how young , healthy people maybe reluctant. I'm more scared of the vaccine and the unknown than of dying of covid (0.0006% chance of dying ). People have a choice its their health and body. No where have I said I'm anti vax and not taking the vaccine but that's want I get labelled with because I don't just fall in line. 

I've used previous examples how we've been told vaccines safe. UK Health Protection Agency (now Public Health England) undertook a major study of 4- to 18-year-olds and found that around one in every 55,000 Pandemrix jabs led to narcolepsy. Can people not have access to that information and make a choice based on that information. I don't understand how I'm anti vax for bringing that up. 

no, fair enough. I mean...I'm not young, and I've taken a shit load of dodgy substances in my time...so I'm very much ok with these vaccines. I think it's fair enough to be sceptical or uncertain...just watch who you get your info from...because in social media world there's a lot of it out there and a lot of it is probably bollocks.

Edited by steviewevie

37 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Boris says nothing in the data to worry him from the road map 

Because currently it doesn't. The April restrictions off were not that heavy and to be honest bar non-essential opening, people were doing this unofficially allowed all weekend anyway.

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That waffling about the "covid certification" tells me it's in at stage 4. He just kept talking and talking 

Of course. It is from step 4 drops that it is needed but it was more or less said that everyone in the game with much larger gatherings are going to be asking for this. So regardless of whether something can happen or not. Without it, you are going nowhere.

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thanks- just found this too:

Social distancing removal is not a done deal...

As for the other two bits. Nothing from what we didn't expect which is fine. Social distancing was never dropping, just you were allowed to exercise it further.

As for international travel, he seems very unsure which for the moment is correct. It's still 6 weeks away but his body language told me it's very unlikely that anywhere of major interest will be available from that date. I think international is going to be delayed into July bar the lowest risk countries and increase with time.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

no, fair enough. I mean...I'm not young, and I've taken a shit load of dodgy substances in my time...so I'm very much ok with these vaccines. I think it's fair enough to be sceptical or uncertain...just watch who you get your info from...because in social media world there's a lot of it out there and a lot of it is probably bollocks.

You can see from the links I've posted its from a variety of news sources and none are social media, some are government websites, charities, mainstream media...  Round these parts you get attacked if uncertain, reluctant or unsure about taking a brand new vaccine. I posted some links to articles in response to someone saying "There is no reason not too [get the vaccine]. None where conspiracy theories, social websites or anything like that, just facts. We'll see over the coming months but the uptake could well ease off and become slower as the under 40s get offered the jabs. 

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

You can see from the links I've posted its from a variety of news sources and none are social media, some are government websites, charities, mainstream media...  Round these parts you get attacked if uncertain, reluctant or unsure about taking a brand new vaccine. I posted some links to articles in response to someone saying "There is no reason not too [get the vaccine]. None where conspiracy theories, social websites or anything like that, just facts. We'll see over the coming months but the uptake could well ease off and become slower as the under 40s get offered the jabs. 

just out of interest what would you need to convince you ? is it a period of time ? a set number of jabs ? ( obviously the numbers of doses are huge now .... I understand the concerns but at what point do you decide that the risk is so tiny its worth it .... people could go on for ever going what if ? ... as some of the vaccines will change to adapt to variants etc or we get new ones joining the arsenal 

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Eggheads trying to keep us locked up longer

What makes me really angry about all this is that the data that decides the roadmap actually couldn’t realistically be much better in the UK (I know other countries are struggling), aside from maybe not having the April vaccine shortage. Everything else is completely on track as Boris said. Therefore why are the scientists now saying that they may not be able to move to step 3? What’s changed? What were they expecting? If it never was going to be possible then why build up hope for the population via the roadmap? Nothing bad has happened to knock us off course in terms of the roadmap. This building up hope and then taking it away for no clear reason that I can see is what I struggle with most from a mental health perspective and I know I’m not alone. 

In 5/6 months we will all be fully vaccinated, what is the endgame if it’s not happening this year?

8 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I'm sure it will ease off for younger people....and maybe in the end that will be ok. For any chance of herd immunity need as many as possible vaccinated...but if I was young I would probably be a bit more sceptical...but I still think I'd take it.

4 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

What makes me really angry about all this is that the data that decides the roadmap actually couldn’t realistically be much better in the UK (I know other countries are struggling), aside from maybe not having the April vaccine shortage. Everything else is completely on track as Boris said. Therefore why are the scientists now saying that they may not be able to move to step 3? What’s changed? What were they expecting? If it never was going to be possible then why build up hope for the population via the roadmap? Nothing bad has happened to knock us off course in terms of the roadmap. This building up hope and then taking it away for no clear reason that I can see is what I struggle with most from a mental health perspective and I know I’m not alone. 

In 5/6 months we will all be fully vaccinated, what is the endgame if it’s not happening this year?

maybe it's just clickbait.