When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

55 minutes ago, Chawk said:

you definitely can blame him.

"what did you do during the COVID pandemic?"

"oh just faked being a carer so I was vaccinated sooner than others who needed it more"

people on here seem to be proud of this shit...like it's a badge of honour...

I've also pushed in a few times...fuckin awesome dude....haha...lol.....

May not be relevant, but.

I've recently enquired about camping in the Newquay region of Cornwall. They and places around that offer this too are hoping to be able to do this sometime from the start of July. So if we look on the basis of masses of people being allowed into events in July?, you aren't even guaranteed to be able to enter a holiday park unless it is self contained and I imagine by this, whereby the washing facilities are included. This happens to be a time when the government states that all social distancing can drop. The reality is that it won't.

• Upvote 1

Just now, thewayiam said:

I've recently enquired about camping in the Newquay region of Cornwall. They and places around that offer this too are hoping to be able to do this sometime from the start of July. So if we look on the basis of masses of people being allowed into events in July?, you aren't even guaranteed to be able to enter a holiday park unless it is self contained and I imagine by this, whereby the washing facilities are included. This happens to be a time when the government states that all social distancing can drop. The reality is that it won't.

They'll be working their idea from the roadmap plus how thing worked last summer after lockdown one.theyre not guessing at it they have experience for how it should be done.

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Plenty of campsites are taking bookings from April onwards. If you've genuinely only found places open from July, then I don't think you've looked very hard.

Looking at social media, it really is great to see people enjoying time with their friends and families in the sunshine over the past few days isn’t it?
I’m usually a grumpy bugger, but it has genuinely brought a smile to my face to see people just enjoying themselves again after a terrible 12 months. 

Edited by st dan

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

Looking at social media, it really is great to see people enjoying time with their friends and families in the sunshine over the past few days isn’t it?
I’m usually a grumpy bigger, but it has genuinely brought a smile to my face to see people just enjoying themselves again after a terrible 12 months. 

bah humbug

Edited by steviewevie

10 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Really interesting and you see this fear factor at play in this very thread and in all sorts of social groups. 

The handling of the pandemic has been brilliant for some

9 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Great article.

Thanks for posting.

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

There were always worries about public compliance.spaffervwas upfront about it early on.

Welcome. There’s 2 takeaways for me.

1) The Government has been like a seesaw, they underplayed it at first then panicked and went full ‘YOU WILL DIE’ worrying about compliance. They were then too optimistic last summer and pre-Christmas, and are being too negative now. But also they are incapable of just being straight with people. There’s always an ulterior motive and they’re always twisting the truth or outright lying. They are fundamentally dishonest and everyone needs to bear that in mind when considering whether to support them on anything they do. 

2) Some very serious people are questioning things now. Not far-right Tory cranks, Covid-deniers or Anti-Vaxx idiots. Step back from things a little bit and think about the implications of the Government and their Advisors conducting a psychological experiment on the public. What does it mean for the relationship between Government and governed, and what have they learnt that they can use against us in the future? It’s unnecessary and unethical.

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I mean...it's a pandemic...why do you think they want people to stay home...?

I guess they could have said, don't worry...just try and be careful...all will be over soon enough....Trump style

Government messaging doesn’t have to be at those extremes, nor does it have to have Psychologists worrying about an experiment being conducted on people.

48 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

people on here seem to be proud of this shit...like it's a badge of honour...

I've also pushed in a few times...fuckin awesome dude....haha...lol.....

Back in the day I used to sometimes record stuff off the radio which was totally illegal. Badass.

29 minutes ago, incident said:

Plenty of campsites are taking bookings from April onwards. If you've genuinely only found places open from July, then I don't think you've looked very hard.

You haven't read it properly. Bookings yes but actually camping no. Because facilities will be shared in this instance, it's something that can't open until restrictions are lifted I presume. But not from June 21st, they only hope from early July. 

But the difference also is they don't need to sell 60k tickets etc to protect their promotion.

Campsites with self contained accomodation such as motorhomes, chalets etc can open from April 12th.

Camping is allowed from May 17th, with shared facilities.

Edited by Paul ™

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Government messaging doesn’t have to be at those extremes, nor does it have to have Psychologists worrying about an experiment being conducted on people.

it's not really an experiment though is it? It's drastic measures taken because they were shit scared of health service being overrun. Maybe they were wrong, maybe they were over the top, maybe they were too much, maybe they weren't enough. Not sure it was some dark experimental conspiracy.

In a parallel universe May is still PM and doing same shit as Johnson, and Johnson is shouting from the side with the other CRGers.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You haven't read it properly. Bookings yes but actually camping no. Because facilities will be shared in this instance, it's something that can't open until restrictions are lifted I presume. But not from June 21st, they only hope from early July. 

But the difference also is they don't need to sell 60k tickets etc to protect their promotion.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here because the way I'm reading your posts is that you're suggesting campsites won't accept customers arriving before July - but obviously that can't be your intention.

Many campsites are planning, assuming the Government don't push back the date, to open from April 12th - as in, they'll accept customers on that date. None are waiting until July. You can go on pitchup.com now and book for multiple Newquay campsites throughout the second half of April.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

You can go on pitchup.com now and book for multiple Newquay campsites throughout the second half of April.

Yup as I said earlier, opening April, then with facilities opening in May (all going well with roadmap)

https://www.pitchup.com/covid-camping/

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/reopening-our-campsites/

Edited by Paul ™

46 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Welcome. There’s 2 takeaways for me.

1) The Government has been like a seesaw, they underplayed it at first then panicked and went full ‘YOU WILL DIE’ worrying about compliance. They were then too optimistic last summer and pre-Christmas, and are being too negative now. But also they are incapable of just being straight with people. There’s always an ulterior motive and they’re always twisting the truth or outright lying. They are fundamentally dishonest and everyone needs to bear that in mind when considering whether to support them on anything they do. 

2) Some very serious people are questioning things now. Not far-right Tory cranks, Covid-deniers or Anti-Vaxx idiots. Step back from things a little bit and think about the implications of the Government and their Advisors conducting a psychological experiment on the public. What does it mean for the relationship between Government and governed, and what have they learnt that they can use against us in the future? It’s unnecessary and unethical.

Being straight with people at the start wouldn't have got the lockdown compliance that was needed for lockdown to be effective.

Feeling the most pessimistic about the prospect /timeline of returning to normal than I have in a long while with these briefed vaccine passport stories, on the day that only 10 deaths were reported. Having to show proof of vaccination/negative test/infection does not mean that all restrictions have been lifted and should not be necessary if the vast majority of adults have been vaccinated by the 21 June date, as prevalence should be so low so as to render the need for a passport showing immunity/no infection redundant? 

Not to mention how long an app may take to get that sorted for the whole population - that will not be ready before 21 June!