When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I genuinely can’t see in that thread him suggest the measures need to be delayed.

I thought it was a useful thread to provide some info on the current situation up against the 4 tests.

We can all see the info about the 4 tests and we are sailing through all of them.

We are fortunate to be one of the most transparent countries in terms of data transparency in regards to COVID.

Having said that I can’t get over both you and I having access to the same data yet I’m currently sat with 6 others and you’d be happy to delay the roadmap seemingly because of “just in case”

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

We can all see the info about the 4 tests and we are sailing through all of them.

We are fortunate to be one of the most transparent countries in terms of data transparency in regards to COVID.

Having said that I can’t get over both you and I having access to the same data yet I’m currently sat with 6 others and you’d be happy to delay the roadmap seemingly because of “just in case”

he's being a good person and doing what he is told.

You on the other hand....

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

You must be trolling now as I’ve not said anywhere that the roadmap should be delayed because of just in case. I’ve been saying all along that the time frames in the roadmap are decent to ensure we stay out of lockdown. 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No, but we'll have more knowledge and more vaccines etc.

See this is my concern - that we won't actually be fully released until everyone has taken their 3rd jab. I think we'll be stalling somewhere between May and June "easings" until summer 2022

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No, but we'll have more knowledge and more vaccines etc.

Not for new variants you won’t. In theory, a new one can pop up any time. But that’s what I’m saying - that might well happen, but we can’t stay locked up just in case it does. 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Not sure the need for knocking someone for doing what’s been asked of them and applying some caution ... we all have different ways we react to things and adapt ... clearly the data is on a good trend now and we have that and the vaccines ... maybe he hasn’t been jabbed yet or some of his family so some caution will apply there also some people aren’t quite so desperate to get back to certain things and have adapted to a differing lifestyle ... some of this takes time to go back to the old routines once more ... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, st dan said:

Not for new variants you won’t. In theory, a new one can pop up any time. But that’s what I’m saying - that might well happen, but we can’t stay locked up just in case it does. 

Well, maybe, but probably not.

I think people on here are getting their knickers in a twist. Things are going well. The vaccines are working. The roadmap looks good. Chill the fuck out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not sure the need for knocking someone for doing what’s been asked of them and applying some caution ... we all have different ways we react to things and adapt ... clearly the data is on a good trend now and we have that and the vaccines ... maybe he hasn’t been jabbed yet or some of his family so some caution will apply there also some people aren’t quite so desperate to get back to certain things and have adapted to a differing lifestyle ... some of this takes time to go back to the old routines once more ... 

Ozanne is following the rules...obviously a sign of weakness and ignorance.

Did 700 second Pfizer jabs yesterday at one of the centres, turnout was 99.4%. the handful left were given to others. Open throughout Easter weekend too. Seriously, there's 16 million Pfizers stored in the UK currently, there won't be any significant reduction in the daily numbers. We're on track...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I think we'll just follow the roadmap that has been set out.

So do I. I don't think there's much chance of us going faster but I also don't know where this idea that it will be slowed down is coming from. Caution is being urged by some but I've seen no indication of us going beyond the dates given personally.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Yep, it’s crazy that in just over a year lockdowns are now suggested ‘just in case’ something might happen.
They were, and still are, an effective tool to be used in a time of crisis, as an absolute last resort. Hopefully we don’t see the need for another one in our lifetime. 

There’s been a shift where some people seem to think that Lockdowns are the default and there should be a good reason not to be in one. It’s upside down.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I also don't know where this idea that it will be slowed down is coming from

A year of broken promises, terrible decisions, endless daily doom and gloom has battered people into not believing anything good will happen easily, and that we're constantly being eased in to expect bad news that they're keeping from us. Combined with internet people loving a 'told you so/didn't I predict this months ago??' moment when something goes tits up.

The roadmap's looking spot on and cases are going through the floor. Summer onwards will be really good.

Edited by jannybruck

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

My mum is having her 2nd jab today.

I think your mum had her 1st dose after my mum, but is having her second dose before my mum's been contacted for hers- seems a lot of variation regionally regarding how much sooner people are getting their second jab. I still think my mum is better than yours, though.