When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 hours ago, killyourtv said:

Latest Taunton & West Somerset figures 20.6 cases per 100k equates to seven cases in last day, zero admissions to local hospital, zero deaths.

Seems a lot less when you get down to actual numbers. Get down to 

My own Sheffield, like rest of South and West Yorkshire, has seen rates resiliently high (I guess Kent variant reaching it last), but in my own postcode we're seeing hardly any cases, and like Taunton hardly any admissions or deaths.

Cases really not translating into major health problems and pressure on the NHS now.

Daily summary | Taunton Wilton (data.gov.uk)

Exactly - at these low levels showing the rate per 100k helps nobody.

If all illnesses were followed at the granular level lists of people wouldnt have gone anyway long before Covid. 

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

We're never meeting anyone indoors again then.

The NHS has been protected through a cocktail of natural infection, vaccine and lockdowns. Deaths have only occured in large numbers in the older demographic these have now been protected or are soon to be protected.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=nation%26areaName=England#card-deaths_within_28_days_of_positive_test_by_date_of_death_age_demographics

Infection rates in lower age groups don't matter, deaths and hospitalisation rates (conversation rate of positive case.to being in hospital) are really all that matters going forward.

Long Covid is real but it's the exception not the norm. 

If we don't get our lives back soon we never will. Millions of people with a tiny amount of risk have put theirs lives on hold for approaching 18 months by the time it should be over to protect the NHS and the older generations and that patience is wearing thin now with moving goal posts and the looming introduction of domestic Covid passports for them to live with for the rest of their lives. It's a joke.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The NHS has been protected through a cocktail of natural infection, vaccine and lockdowns. Deaths have only occured in large numbers in the older demographic these have now been protected or are soon to be protected.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=nation%26areaName=England#card-deaths_within_28_days_of_positive_test_by_date_of_death_age_demographics

Infection rates in lower age groups don't matter, deaths and hospitalisation rates (conversation rate of positive case.to being in hospital) are really all that matters going forward.

If we don't get our lives back soon we never will. 

never ever?

4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Will a vaccine ever give 100% protection? 

Nope.

I guess he just trying to justify the current rules and cautious relaxing of them. I guess the real argument for not allowing vaccinated people to meet indoors is they could still be spreading it and not everyone is fully vaccinated yet.
But, this is going to change in summer, most will be vaccinated, and then this argument should go away.

12 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

If we don't get our lives back soon we never will. Millions of people with a tiny amount of risk have put theirs lives on hold for approaching 18 months by the time it should be over to protect the NHS and the older generations and that patience is wearing thin now with moving goal posts and the looming introduction of domestic Covid passports for them to live with for the rest of their lives. It's a joke.

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, the guidance that two fully vaccinated people can't meet indoors, or the extrapolation that this will never change, despite an explicit roadmap that has this guidance being dropped in just over two months.

They're trying to keep cases numbers down until the whole adult population has been offered a vaccine. It's pretty straightforward, even if you don't agree.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, the guidance that two fully vaccinated people can't meet indoors, or the extrapolation that this will never change, despite an explicit roadmap that has this guidance being dropped in just over two months.

They're trying to keep cases numbers down until the whole adult population has been offered a vaccine. It's pretty straightforward, even if you don't agree.

If our target is end of July for all adults to be offered one, then the roadmap won't be kept to. I'm going to guess now that indoors in May will change to June and then if the vaccine passport system is ready we might look at some further lifting in July. Its never made sense to lift everything 21st June but aim for end of July if they believe every adult needs the vaccination and its so dangerous everyone has to prove this to live. Within that context it makes no sense to follow the roadmap 

Edited by efcfanwirral

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Of course we’ll meet people indoors again.

I think, to use a Van Tam-style analogy, we’re 2-0 up with 10 or 15 minutes to go and the opposition are knocking on the door desperate to get that goal that gets them back in the game. We need to keep our wits about us and see this through. It won’t be pretty and it will be frustrating but hopefully it gets the job done.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think, to use a Van Tam-style analogy, we’re 2-0 up with 10 or 15 minutes to go and the opposition are knocking on the door desperate to get that goal that gets them back in the game. We need to keep our wits about us and see this through. It won’t be pretty and it will be frustrating but hopefully it gets the job done.

might go to extra time and penalties.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The justification of the statement is because the vaccination is not 100% effective. Not because not everyone has been vaccinated. 

Why do case numbers even matter after the next few weeks? They aren't translating into admissions or death. 

We could have 1 million positive cases a day and it doesn't really matter if nobody is getting ill from it. 

35 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I'm meeting my mum indoors on Sunday. She's had 2 jabs, I've had one & so has my brother. My daughter is taking 2 tests a week through her work. 

So, fuck off Boris, I'm getting on with my life!

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can't wait to get to the end of the roadmap just so that I don't have to read people arguing about the speed of the roadmap any more.

This isn't about the speed of the roadmap thats probably about right - it's about life after the roadmap all the things being done in the name of 'protecting' people from Covid and the moving goalposts many of the soundbites at the moment are prepping for a potential short notice change of direction. 

12 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Only because it won't be them who has absolute control over the population...

That’s the Lib Dems, left of the Labour Party and Starmer against them now. 

It’s not just the ‘death cult’ as you hear from @eFestivals(as if Boris/Gove/Sunak  etc are actually better than that wing anyway)

8 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The justification of the statement is because the vaccination is not 100% effective. Not because not everyone has been vaccinated. 

Why do case numbers even matter after the next few weeks? They aren't translating into admissions or death. 

We could have 1 million positive cases a day and it doesn't really matter if nobody is getting ill from it. 

because we don't know that for sure yet....it's the new, improved cautious Bojo.