When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Are you campaigning at every stage of opening ? I thought you said you would be happy once we got to meet friends again ... which has now happened ? not long till non essential retail either ..

Yeah, I'm starting to think Johnson is not going to change roadmap now. It's working, and he's polling well.

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Are you campaigning at every stage of opening ? I thought you said you would be happy once we got to meet friends again ... which has now happened ? not long till non essential retail either ..

Of course I’m happy that I can meet friends again however this is separate to the fact that what we can’t do currently isn’t proportionate to where we are going by data or the vaccine programme. Especially in regards to things which are either outside based or indoors but with enough mitigating factors to render the risk extremely low.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Of course I’m happy that I can meet friends again however this is separate to the fact that what we can’t do currently isn’t proportionate to where we are going by data or the vaccine programme. Especially in regards to things which are either outside based or indoors but with enough mitigating factors to render the risk extremely low.

If anything the way things are going is backing up the roadmap, you wouldn't like it if we had to go back a step. The 5 weeks in between steps are in place for a reason and we are approaching the next review period which will decide whether we can press ahead with step 2, we can't rush it.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

those dates were always the earliest that we could move to next stage, if data was good. That's how it is. Not sure Johnson is going to change course now. So, it looks at data on a certain date, if we meet criteria then move to next stage. 

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yup

Makes me chuckle how the anti vaccine passport people seem okay with this.

I'm not OK with it at all- but I accept its an inevitability (and permanent) that they're coming in. Wish I had the willpower to just never use mine but I doubt that'll happen. 

That said it might not be a problem if they dont even open - he keeps saying this....

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm not OK with it at all- but I accept its an inevitability (and permanent) that they're coming in. Wish I had the willpower to just never use mine but I doubt that'll happen. 

That said it might not be a problem if they dont even open - he keeps saying this....

Wouldn't suprise me.