When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

As a Walthamstow resident who hasn’t been jabbed and is back in his central London office for only the second day this year, this is more than a little annoying.

B2D8A579-3BB3-486F-9EBF-8EADE67FA3B0.jpeg

Leave work early, go get jabbed, (if you want it) and does say they need to be used by midnight , which makes it sound as if they maybe open late, worth a try for sure - good luck 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Cases
Today - 4,052 Last Week - 5,605

Deaths
Today - 43 Last Week - 98

Data not dates etc...

I really don't want to be locked down for one more minute, but this really isn't a strong argument. Strong data can't be gathered and examined over a short term, you need time. Otherwise would you lock back down again based on one bad day for deaths and cases?

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was a private ceremony, just not the "actual wedding".  It might have been the proper wedding to the couple, even if it wasn't the legal wedding.

Yes - given that there's been at least a few people on here over the years who've said that they consider their "real" wedding to be an informal ceremony conducted at Worthy Farm rather than the legally binding contract signing, it shouldn't be a foreign concept.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes - given that there's been at least a few people on here over the years who've said that they consider their "real" wedding to be an informal ceremony conducted at Worthy Farm rather than the legally binding contract signing, it shouldn't be a foreign concept.

Not the same thing.meganclaimed the unofficial thing as the real thing

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Leave work early, go get jabbed, (if you want it) and does say they need to be used by midnight , which makes it sound as if they maybe open late, worth a try for sure - good luck 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Make business sense for the employer to let staff go and get the vaccine as well.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Probably be less busy later too...

Cheers all. Got there to a queue the size of Wimbledon and to be told they were completely out. Was worth a crack though.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Serves them right for the horrendous vaccine rollout and in particular for the political smear campaign against the AZ.

Macron should resign. 

serves the french public right for a political decision ? is that really what you are saying ? so it serves me right to have Boris in charge even though I had absolutely no choice in that yeah ? 

• Upvote 10

I genuinely don't know what position my mental health would be in were we not completely smashing the vaccine programme and getting cases through the floor right now. If I was in France, for example, and facing up to another however-many-months of bad news and bullshit I'd be absolute rock bottom.

The constant media whiplash from good news to bad news – multiple times, daily – over the past year has been emotionally exhausting, so I've no idea how our friends in the mainland are coping.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

If you watch the news tonight you could be forgiven for thinking the UK is the safest place in the world just now!!

This virus is still raging across the globe. 

Yep - the way the UK government have handled the pandemic since the turn of the year has been just what was needed and they should be congratulated for. A long, strict lockdown and a very speedy and successful vaccination rollout. Supported with a measured and gradual roadmap to the way out of this mess. 

As I feel the need to always say in here - this is not for one moment forgetting or condoning their errors over the past year with caused thousands of deaths - but you’d probably say that in 2021 you’d be hard pressed to find a country currently handling this any better a year into the pandemic. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yep - the way the UK government have handled the pandemic since the turn of the year has been just what was needed and they should be congratulated for. A long, strict lockdown and a very speedy and successful vaccination rollout. Supported with a measured and gradual roadmap to the way out of this mess. 

As I feel the need to always say in here - this is not for one moment forgetting or condoning their errors over the past year with caused thousands of deaths - but you’d probably say that in 2021 you’d be hard pressed to find a country currently handling this any better a year into the pandemic. 

Agree with all of this. 

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

Here here

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I genuinely don't know what position my mental health would be in were we not completely smashing the vaccine programme and getting cases through the floor right now. If I was in France, for example, and facing up to another however-many-months of bad news and bullshit I'd be absolute rock bottom.

The constant media whiplash from good news to bad news – multiple times, daily – over the past year has been emotionally exhausting, so I've no idea how our friends in the mainland are coping.

A lot of people here probably thought just like that at the start of January and we are now fortunately in a position to be nearing the other side of that. We should be able to show some sympathy for the French and what they are about to go through, they are still people after all and this will be difficult for them. I'm not saying you aren't feeling sympathy for them by the way just sort of adding some thoughts to your post.

We are on a Glastonbury forum and the first post in response to there French entering another lockdown is essentially 'serves them right', what about the spirit of the festival where we try to care for one another?

Just done my third volunteering shift - felt busier today but I think that's more because we were short-staffed than anything. A good amount of second dose coming through, too. Not sure when my next will be - I've applied for a few in April, but I'm not really expecting to get much with supply supposedly about to dip. Guess we'll see! 

• Upvote 2