When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My kid is highly irresponsible, and at times fairly dangerous.

Being a kid then that's great - kids allowed to be kids again! 

Still just waiting for this mad surge from these Covid farms we called schools to start. There have been cases of course there has because there are people mixing but it's not the end of the world doomsday scenario that was predicted 

12 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Maybe kids and schools weren't all that dangerous and responsible after all....

I thought everyone was predicting opening the schools would affect cases, not deaths+hospitalisations?

With the schools open cases almost entirely stopped falling. Luckily it looks like R didn't fall under 1 entirely, but it's clear the schools were a significant driver of infection, and in the pre-vaccination days, the word "dangerous" certainly did apply.

My prediction - Easter holidays will prove to be more significant than the easing of restrictions last weekend and we'll see an acceleration in case drop offs over the next couple of weeks.  Will vaccinations of the parent age population have been enough to stop cases from going up when they return? It's too close for me to call.

28 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

After a brief worry when they first went back the evidence at the moment is that schools have next to no impact no the pandemic.  The kids have lost so much and all for nothing it would seem.  And they are still subjected to daily mask wearing etc.

Surely it's more accurate to say that schools have next to no impact now. With all the extra stuff we've learnt about the virus and a shit tonne of people vaccinated. The general situation now is very different from what it was x number of months ago

Edited by philipsteak
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Surely it's more accurate to say that schools have next to know impact now. With all the extra stuff we've learnt about the virus and a shit tonne of people vaccinated. The general situation now is very different from what it was x number of months ago

Yeah, and the asymptomatic testing in schools now is picking up cases so kids/parents/staff can isolate, and not spread it like they would've earlier in the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

As I posted yesterday, I got a text invite to book and am 49 with no conditions etc. (Nottingham area)

Called the number on the text, local Nottingham NHS and went through the options, under 50 and no conditions.... Auto message saying can't book yet... 😅

40 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought everyone was predicting opening the schools would affect cases, not deaths+hospitalisations?

With the schools open cases almost entirely stopped falling. Luckily it looks like R didn't fall under 1 entirely, but it's clear the schools were a significant driver of infection, and in the pre-vaccination days, the word "dangerous" certainly did apply.

My prediction - Easter holidays will prove to be more significant than the easing of restrictions last weekend and we'll see an acceleration in case drop offs over the next couple of weeks.  Will vaccinations of the parent age population have been enough to stop cases from going up when they return? It's too close for me to call.

They're being more careful in schools too...masks and tests etc.

36 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Surely it's more accurate to say that schools have next to no impact now. With all the extra stuff we've learnt about the virus and a shit tonne of people vaccinated. The general situation now is very different from what it was x number of months ago

That's not even accurate.  The schools still have a significant impact on cases, just not enough warrant slowing down the roadmap.  

40 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Life with kids and work mate 🙂   not all of us are sat around on benefits smoking weed until midday before we do anything 🙂 

So you're saying you've got more important things to be focusing on but instead you still choose to come in here and post early in the morning? What a nerd :^)

9 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Face masks obligatory on beaches in Spain from tomorrow.

State of that.

Clown World!!

yeah, they are considering face masks here at Vienna for all activities outside as the cases are high and

some idiot crowds had illegal meetings/drinkings at the promenade at the danube river. Glad that I live

countryside as I am far away from the Clown World here.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they finally open the borders back up.

Without any prior infection based immunity they are going to have to rely purely on vaccinations. On that basis can't see them opening up until next year at the earliest?

image.thumb.png.3be8ba78f3bbc1291255a6ae861732ee.png

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I lmao'ing at the absolute STATE of the EU.

Same.

I'm starting to wonder if Covid will actually destroy the EU. They are completely out to lunch.

Edited by Henrik

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they finally open the borders back up.

Without any prior infection based immunity they are going to have to rely purely on vaccinations. On that basis can't see them opening up until next year at the earliest?

image.thumb.png.3be8ba78f3bbc1291255a6ae861732ee.png

Should probably add when referring to "they" it's both NZ and AUZ.

I have a vested interest in Australia as my Sister and Brother in Law live in Perth and my parents are gagging to go out and visit asap!

53 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I see the archbish has called out megan as a bullshitter when she claimed she got married but before the big public wedding. 

Wonder how much of the other stuff we as bullshit. 

Yes, how out of touch can someone be to think that the rehearsal is actually a marriage? 

2 minutes ago, km9 said:

Yes, how out of touch can someone be to think that the rehearsal is actually a marriage? 

It wsnt s rehersal but s private exchange of vowsthst they asked to have

Butif megsn bullsjitted ssbout that just think how much of the rest was bollo ks maybe morgain caalled it out correctly