When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

30 minutes ago, zahidf said:

But they are suspending it for under 55s, and the 50-60 year olds probably will have  a much larger chance of dying from Covid

I posted above the Wales study which had zero cases from 440,000.00 people 

Oh - I am so not an anti vaxxer but why only publicise positive info on Wales but not the rest of the UK? I would just appreciate being treated like a grown up 

22 hours ago, onthebeach said:

I really think we need to be more transparent about this - even though it’s a rare event. In Canada people are advised what to be aware of, and in what timescale so people can seek advice and hopefully treatment. I totally get the anti vaxxers will jump on this but I also don’t believe it should be brushed under the carpet

3CA3105E-60F0-4722-9902-B733F43CA628.jpeg

Deleted - concerned I may be spreading disinformation - the vaccine is safe

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Oh - I am so not an anti vaxxer but why only publicise positive info on Wales but not the rest of the UK? I would just appreciate being treated like a grown up 

Lol there was only a specific study in Wales. No one is hiding anything.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Agree 100%. Reckon the top brass at the NHS want to know or are avoiding such questions as posed above so we can continue pretending it's simple common DVTs/hatred of brexit that these countries are worried about? 

Agree with the point above about over 50s - but a risk/benefit approach needs to be looked at

giphy-33.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, we are the loved ones in the EU. Our Chancellor Kurz is so great as he wants to have a better deal or lets say just more vaccines delivered to poorer countries, especially poorer countries like Austria and man can he sing … like good old Frank Zappa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf3uEpEhzEs

oh boy, news from Germany again:

The Standing Vaccination Commission (Stiko) of the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) recommends Astrazeneca vaccinations only for people aged 60 and over. 

The Stiko pointed out that the safety of vaccines is evaluated continuously. "Of course, this also applies if new information about the safety of a vaccine is gained that was not previously available because the number of people vaccinated in the approval studies was not sufficient to recognize this," writes Stiko in its press release. The effects of the decision on Astrazeneca second vaccinations initially remained unclear. A supplementary recommendation should be made by the end of April, announced the Stiko.

Several federal states suspended vaccinations with the active ingredient from Astrazeneca on Tuesday - this time for the younger ones. In the evening, Chancellor Angela Merkel and Health Minister Jens Spahn (both CDU) want to discuss how to deal with the Astrazeneca vaccine with the Prime Minister of the federal states.

Just now, Hannibal Schmitt said:

oh boy, news from Germany again:

The Standing Vaccination Commission (Stiko) of the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) recommends Astrazeneca vaccinations only for people aged 60 and over. 

The Stiko pointed out that the safety of vaccines is evaluated continuously. "Of course, this also applies if new information about the safety of a vaccine is gained that was not previously available because the number of people vaccinated in the approval studies was not sufficient to recognize this," writes Stiko in its press release. The effects of the decision on Astrazeneca second vaccinations initially remained unclear. A supplementary recommendation should be made by the end of April, announced the Stiko.

Several federal states suspended vaccinations with the active ingredient from Astrazeneca on Tuesday - this time for the younger ones. In the evening, Chancellor Angela Merkel and Health Minister Jens Spahn (both CDU) want to discuss how to deal with the Astrazeneca vaccine with the Prime Minister of the federal states.

wtf, wasn't it just for under 60s only a few months ago?

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

wtf, wasn't it just for under 60s only a few months ago?

yeah, they changed mind. maybe to have some variety in the witch hunt for AZ. no, seriously, they had 31 blood clots cases recently, nearly all females in the age group 20-63 years. so therefore the change in attitude I guess.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

yeah, they changed mind. maybe to have some variety in the witch hunt for AZ. no, seriously, they had 31 blood clots cases recently, nearly all females in the age group 20-63 years. so therefore the change in attitude I guess.

ok...fair enough....I think....

EU says AstraZeneca under no UK obligation that would prevent EU vaccine supply

Reuters reports:

AstraZeneca has told the European Union that it has no legal obligations to Britain or other buyers that would prevent the full supply of Covid-19 doses under its contract with the EU, a European Commission spokeswoman said on Tuesday.

Her comments at a news conference contradict statements made by British health minister Matt Hancock, who has repeatedly said the Anglo-Swedish firm has an exclusive deal with Britain that would justify prioritisation of supplies to the United Kingdom.

“AstraZeneca confirmed to us not being under any obligation to other parties that would impede to complete the fulfilment of its obligations” to the EU, the Commission spokeswoman said when asked about Hancock’s statements.

Her statement repeated the main points of article 13.1 of the EU contract with AstraZeneca under which the company agreed not to have any contractual obligations that would limit its ability to meet EU commitments. AstraZeneca did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The EU has launched talks with AstraZeneca under a dispute resolution mechanism included in its contract after the company said it would aim to deliver only 100 million doses by the end of June, instead of 300 million committed to in the EU contract.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Lol there was only a specific study in Wales. No one is hiding anything.

Sorry - I’m so conflicted over this. I do want our vaccination rollout to be a huge success but I am concerned about a rare event that seems to occur in young women under 50. I do hope that a study extends to events beyond Wales but as posted earlier we have ‘yellow carded’ incidents in the UK but we don’t mention them - just the good news. I appreciate its ‘not hiding’ anything - but you do have to search for the information - it’s not readily available. I also posted earlier from a report that it was likely to be caused by Covid 19 being contracted around the time of the jab so it coincidentally looks like the vaccine caused it so why can’t we discuss this openly? Where’s the nuance? Do you not think it’s reasonable to have concerns without being ‘shut down’? Why do we have to fall into a camp of the two extremes? 

Does anyone know if you can select a date for a jab on the NHS website does that mean it's okay and you won't be turned away for not meeting all the criteria?

Just put fella's details in as nearly 49 for Manchester main vaccine centre and it's giving me tomorrow, but we're not sure whether to go ahead with it if we shouldn't be booking...

Also, anyone know if whether its the Oxford or the Pfizer one being dished out at that site?

Edited by shoptildrop

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Does anyone know if you can select a date for a jab on the NHS website does that mean it's okay and you won't be turned away for not meeting all the criteria?

Just put fella's details in as nearly 49 for Manchester main vaccine centre and it's giving me tomorrow, but we're not sure whether to go ahead with it if we shouldn't be booking...

Also, anyone know if whether its the Oxford or the Pfizer one being dished out at that site?

If it let's you select a date after entering your nhs number or personal details then your good to go, no idea on what type you'll get though 

11 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

All part of the 'nudge' the young to have a vaccine.

So confused by this claim they are spinning that young people don’t want to take it. From what I’ve seen, they’re desperate to get it but are just bottom of the list.