When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Great news mate! I’m pleased for you both!

Cheers my man. It's all happening. My bruv who lives in the US is getting jabbed with Moderna one on the weekend, and his wife is getting the pfizer one. Apparently you can book which you want....and by time he got on the website all the pfizers ones were gone....

Had my jab today.  East London. Early 40s.  Mild / moderate asthma.  Interestingly I was told I was invited because I’m on a local hospital’s patient list ... but I am not getting treatment for anything at the moment so it was a bit of a surprise.  

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My mum has 2nd jab appointment this Friday.

Just in case you're wondering.

marvellous news, my Mums second is Saturday which is brilliant

Interestinly my brother lives in bali, they have chosen 3 towns to vaccinate first to try to get tourism up and running, he queues from 6:30 saturday morning to get vaccinated, there were scuffles, letting people in 150 at a time, police had to be called to calm the crowds, but he got oxford by midday 🙂 and an appointment for his second jab at the same time

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Interestinly my brother lives in bali, they have chosen 3 towns to vaccinate first to try to get tourism up and running, he queues from 6:30 saturday morning to get vaccinated, there were scuffles, letting people in 150 at a time, police had to be called to calm the crowds, but he got oxford by midday 🙂 and an appointment for his second jab at the same time

Good news.

Are they vaccinating many people in rest of Indonesia?

13 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Let me guess- canggu, ubud and kuta by any chance? 

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Are they vaccinating many people in rest of Indonesia?

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/selfish-or-sensible-how-indonesia-is-charting-its-own-course-with-private-vaccines-20210326-p57ehb.html

This Is a good article covering Indonesia. They’ve already reversed the vaccinate the young first plan because unsurprisingly the at risk kept dying. 

Batam and Bintan off singapore are also being fast tracked to try and form travel Bubbles and get tourism back. 

3 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/selfish-or-sensible-how-indonesia-is-charting-its-own-course-with-private-vaccines-20210326-p57ehb.html

This Is a good article covering Indonesia. They’ve already reversed the vaccinate the young first plan because unsurprisingly the at risk kept dying. 

Batam and Bintan off singapore are also being fast tracked to try and form travel Bubbles and get tourism back. 

seems pretty dodgy.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Now that we've got a good handle on the vulnerable, and the evidence on vaccines strongly reducing spread, is it time to start vaccinating those in meat processing plants and other high transmission areas?

No. It’s been done to death why the vaccine programme is based entirely on age and health issues. 

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

No. It’s been done to death why the vaccine programme is based entirely on age and health issues. 

Wasn't that based on knowing covid kills the vulnerable, but not knowing whether vaccines stop the spread?  Both of those variables have changed considerably.  Have I missed any other reasons?

Not that I think they'll do it.