When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

32 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Got text this morning to call and book mine, Nottingham area.

Am 49 with no underlying conditions, but will need to wait till am up there again to get booked in. Unless they open it up for everywhere for the under 50's first depending what comes first.

If I were you, I'd now go online and try booking it via the main NHS website.  Someone on here mentioned it a couple of weeks ago before they'd opened it up to my age group, so I tried it and it worked.  One advantage of doing it via the main site is that you book appointments for both shots at the same time, whereas I've heard that booking it via your local surgery leaves you in limbo waiting for them to contact you about arranging your second shot.  Also, in your case, you might find you're able to enter a postcode local to where you are now.  It might not work, but it's just a brief web form so no harm trying and giving up if it doesn't accept your age group or won't give you an appointment in the area where you're currently located.  Going via the main NHS site means you'll only be able to choose from the main vaccination hubs, rather than a local GP or pharmacy, but you might find there's one of those nearby.

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Great to hear that Sir Lenny Henry is leading the campaign to dispel  vaccine hesitancy amongst the black community.  We have to get the vaccine rolled out to all sections of our community. 

It’s no joke the low uptake amongst the black community 🙂 

1 minute ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

One advantage of doing it via the main site is that you book appointments for both shots at the same time, whereas I've heard that booking it via your local surgery leaves you in limbo waiting for them to contact you about arranging your second shot.

The system used in Nottingham/shire, which for some reason is doing everything different to the rest of the country, automatically books you a second appointment exactly 11 weeks after the first.

8 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

If I were you, I'd now go online and try booking it via the main NHS website.  Someone on here mentioned it a couple of weeks ago before they'd opened it up to my age group, so I tried it and it worked.  One advantage of doing it via the main site is that you book appointments for both shots at the same time, whereas I've heard that booking it via your local surgery leaves you in limbo waiting for them to contact you about arranging your second shot.  Also, in your case, you might find you're able to enter a postcode local to where you are now.  It might not work, but it's just a brief web form so no harm trying and giving up if it doesn't accept your age group or won't give you an appointment in the area where you're currently located.  Going via the main NHS site means you'll only be able to choose from the main vaccination hubs, rather than a local GP or pharmacy, but you might find there's one of those nearby.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

The system used in Nottingham/shire, which for some reason is doing everything different to the rest of the country, automatically books you a second appointment exactly 11 weeks after the first.

Cheers guys, will give it a look later

Problem would be though if I booked both doses at same time, it's very unlikely am going to be here for 2nd dose as this contract only takes us up to end of April.

As it stands, don't know where I will likely be 12 weeks after 1st one, so probably best to do them separately.

Edited by Paul ™

8 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Problem would be though if I booked both doses at same time, it's very unlikely am going to be here for 2nd dose as this contract only takes us up to end of April.

As it stands, don't know where I will likely be 12 weeks after 1st one, so probably best to do them separately.

Nothing to stop you cancelling the automatically booked appointment, and rebooking a second appointment elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, august1 said:

how many first doses in March? I think in 3 weeks time we mustn't be far off some herd immunity and most of the vulnerable jabbed. Pretty amazing uptake.

We have given 10,405,497 so far. So would expect that to be 11million once we have included today's and tomorrows first jabs!

Only 1,519,052 until we have reached the 32.2million which was the initial size of groups 1-9

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'm not, I said 'the risks will keep diminishing but even now it is at low levels to people who have both doses.'

You said:

If grandparents aren't allowed to hug their grandkids (who they might not have seen for a year) after 2 doses then when exactly are they. 

You knew all along the answer was "when everyone is vaccinated" but acted like you had no idea.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Isn't the statistical risk of having an issue from the vaccines side effects lower than the risk of having an issue from COVID. 

Surely anyone with a basic grasps of maths just takes the vaccine given what we currently know ?

Agree 100% though this does open up a somewhat interesting loophole for people who have already had COVID anyway. I can see the argument for them not wanting to be vaccinated as they know that COVID does hurt them but a vaccine potentially could - which certainly changes the maths for a lot of people.

19 minutes ago, incident said:

Nothing to stop you cancelling the automatically booked appointment, and rebooking a second appointment elsewhere.

Cheers. Main NHS site won't let me book, I'll call the number on the text I got and see what they suggest.

Went to my local Tesco today to pick up a few small bits, for the first time in months there was the queing outside that we saw a lot of last year....mostly seemed to be older people and as I got to the front saw someone I know who works there who said to me a lot of elderly people who had previously avoided coming in were now starting to come back to shopping themselves rather than than home deliverys or asking someone else to collect it for them.

Edited by gooner1990

40 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

If you get pfizer the interval could well be shorter ... 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Went to my local Tesco today to pick up a few small bits, for the first time in months there was the queing outside that we saw a lot of last year....mostly seemed to be older people and as I got to the front saw someone I know who works there who said to me a lot of elderly people who had previously avoided coming in were now starting to come back to shopping themselves rather than than home deliverys or asking someone else to collect it for them.

Very true the online orders have dropped quite a bit the last week or so and the footfall has increased ... lots of kids out with a parent / parents is my take on it ...

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Very true the online orders have dropped quite a bit the last week or so and the footfall has increased ... lots of kids out with a parent / parents is my take on it ...

We do click and collect (I can't bear doing a full weekly shop with a mask on for an hour) usually and you can get a slot any time of the day now, a while back it was near on impossible to get anything.

Hopefully this is the start of things going back to normal....ish!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

We do click and collect (I can't bear doing a full weekly shop with a mask on for an hour) usually and you can get a slot any time of the day now, a while back it was near on impossible to get anything.

Hopefully this is the start of things going back to normal....ish!

Yeah indeed although I did quite like the quieter shops ...