When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

I went on a cruise once (massively discounted) and it was horrific enough without a pandemic onboard.

I've always wanted to go on a cruise.

Closest i've come is sailing past this beast which is currently docked in Falmouth due to covid back in September. It absolutely dwarfed us.

Oddly it's a cruise ship which has permanent residents only! It's itinerary per year is voted on by those who reside on it. Should imagine it costs a pretty penny...

ms The World Itinerary, Current Position, Ship Review | CruiseMapper

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

As this info is from mid March and we've vaccinated about 5 million more since then surely we must be heading into herd immunity territory now? 

We must be getting there now! Will be great to see the downward curves similar to Israel 

If grandparents aren't allowed to hug their grandkids (who they might not have seen for a year) after 2 doses then when exactly are they. Some of them will be old and time will be precious. Convinced some people on this thread don't live in the real world. The rules are there as a guide, use a bit of common sense to determine risk fs. 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

If grandparents aren't allowed to hug their grandkids (who they might not have seen for a year) after 2 doses then when exactly are they. Some of them will be old and time will be precious. Convinced some people on this thread don't live in the real world. The rules are there as a guide, use a bit of common sense to determine risk fs. 

I genuinely worry about the lack of people’s ability to assess risk.

FFS you’ve got posters who are healthy and in their 20s and 30s claiming they’re too scared to meet friends outside. That is an absolutely bizarre take. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I genuinely worry about the lack of people’s ability to assess risk.

FFS you’ve got posters who are healthy and in their 20s and 30s claiming they’re too scared to meet friends outside. That is an absolutely bizarre take. 

Amen.

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What about T-Cell response? The most important thing in fighting disease. 

The antibody thing is a bit of a red herring... its just shows you have had the virus or the vaccine within a given time period. T-Cell response is what studies should be focusing on... that's what will protect people in the long run.