When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We mentioned this last night ... but maybe it’s because more people have been given the az vaccine so we are more likely to hear about people getting effects from it ... as it’s page 3000 we can’t let it past without an @Toilet Duck intervention ... any idea if this is the case or not ? Crap we are now on 3001 😀

I had the Pfizer & I felt like shit for 48 hours after.

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So, work from home where possible stops from April 12th?

No, May 17th at earliest.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary

Edited by Paul ™

22 minutes ago, Homer said:

ee959f51-4152-4d68-8a25-ce0b1441b0d9.thumb.jpg.c826c6a6b67d06afcb25e3858f8d2592.jpg

Step 4 - not before 21 June

Social contact

By Step 4 which will take place no earlier than 21 June, the government hopes to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact.

We hope to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and ease the restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3. This will be subject to the results of a scientific Events Research Programme to test the outcome of certain pilot events through the spring and summer, where we will trial the use of testing and other techniques to cut the risk of infection. 

Edited by Paul ™

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It's not fun posting though.  As much as people might dislike my view points at least I have one.  Why not just go really fub post elsewhere.

Funposting is a viewpoint, just not one easily understood by the plebeian hordes.  

Besides, what good is a viewpoint in a shit thread? It's like boasting that you had a shit in a broken portaloo

image.png.4184473001467812879f1c62c5619c78.png

Edited by Gilgamesh69

23 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The whole roadmap ends with this 

If you take that passage as the end game then the review on social distancing is more to do with ticketed events and not wider life.  It seems we are being setup to accept a lot of these measures for the long term.

Exactly, this shit will not end on 21st June as some are expecting..

Just now, thewayiam said:

I tried to say this a few weeks back and you shot me down.

Not actually correct.

Ive been saying for months on here that things won't be back to normal that soon, I've been saying late July into early August at best. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I guess this whole thing being a pandemic?

Could be, however

The OP asked -

Basic question, when do people genuinely think live music will restart and life gets back to normal?

Am taking that as here in the UK, so my guess at when it ends will be late summer..

COVID is now part of society and will be fall in line with the flu season. Treatments are already being formulated on how to treat this virus and in combination with the vaccines we will hardly notice it. 

What I am certain on is that society will rebound rapidly. There will be a few lingering behavioural changes but 21st June is the end. I don't see mandates of wearing masks or social distancing or return to restrictions again.

International travel will take a year to return to normal as I suspect by the end of this year the developed nations will be vaccinated and then the freed up capacity will be distributed to other nations. for us I don't see travel restricted if we're vaccinated.