When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm tired of the language this government use, basically implying everyone feels the way they say they feel.

As shown by Patel’s Bill, they also can’t accept/don’t want people offering opposing views. This all seems a lingering hangover from when they decided to claim 52% as ‘the significant majority of the country’? 

To get back on topic, tomorrow is the latest Roadmap Eve (and the clocks spring forward - lighter evenings ahead!). Does anyone have plans?

In other news, a friend of mine - 37 with no health issues - is getting his vaccine tomorrow. Must be getting through them around here!

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

To get back on topic, tomorrow is the latest Roadmap Eve (and the clocks spring forward - lighter evenings ahead!). Does anyone have plans?

In other news, a friend of mine - 37 with no health issues - is getting his vaccine tomorrow. Must be getting through them around here!

Lightereveninvsandbetter wrsthrr means loads more protests 

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Im 27 and getting mine on Wednesday afternoon!

• Like 2

A year ago I wondered whether this pandemic would lead to a change in cultural in Britain. The clapping for the NHS gave me hope that we would have a more empathetic and forgiving society, but the alternative was that it would lead to greater selfishness and what’s in it for me culture.

I think I now know were it is going to go. Just finished my latest shift as a stewarding volunteer at a vaccination centre, and we are suddenly having to challenge younger people who have falsely claimed that they are carers or have an underlying medical condition. This followed a social media blitz that highlighted the vaccination centre as being an "easy target" for people wanting to get under the wire and book appointments. The extent today was 40-50 people being rejected because they were not eligible out of 800 appointments, I had discussions with people arguing things like, the link was on mumsnet, my wife got jabbed two days ago and she was not eligible. My social skills prevented me from screaming " your are lying to skip the queue and have no moral barometer to tell you it is wrong". I was told by the Ops Manager that the Police were called last night as things got so heated.

I know tightening supply and the hope of a return to normality is driving this, but a couple of weeks ago this felt like a rewarding thing to do, now feels like I am dealing with the worst of humanity.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

A year ago I wondered whether this pandemic would lead to a change in cultural in Britain. The clapping for the NHS gave me hope that we would have a more empathetic and forgiving society, but the alternative was that it would lead to greater selfishness and what’s in it for me culture.

I think I now know were it is going to go. Just finished my latest shift as a stewarding volunteer at a vaccination centre, and we are suddenly having to challenge younger people who have falsely claimed that they are carers or have an underlying medical condition. This followed a social media blitz that highlighted the vaccination centre as being an "easy target" for people wanting to get under the wire and book appointments. The extent today was 40-50 people being rejected because they were not eligible out of 800 appointments, I had discussions with people arguing things like, the link was on mumsnet, my wife got jabbed two days ago and she was not eligible. My social skills prevented me from screaming " your are lying to skip the queue and have no moral barometer to tell you it is wrong". I was told by the Ops Manager that the Police were called last night as things got so heated.

I know tightening supply and the hope of a return to normality is driving this, but a couple of weeks ago this felt like a rewarding thing to do, now feels like I am dealing with the worst of humanity.

Shock news......human beings are often rotten to the core!

14 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Heil is reporting Moderna is coming in three weeks to help jab the under 50s.

This is potentially great news, I know we're ahead of schedule but will this help us not be as far behind if we're restarting first doses mid April instead of May 

14 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Heil is reporting Moderna is coming in three weeks to help jab the under 50s.

I had a feeling we would be looking at the back end of April rather than the start from some of the recent noises about "Moderna have confirmed they are definitely delivering in April as planned". Was suspiciously low of detail.

Any idea on yields?

19 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Sorry you had to put up with that. Hopefully we will be all done with the vaccines soon and the queue jumping will ease off when the "at risk" group is complete.

Just now, Cherry Tree said:

Cheers mate, hope you would make such a smug comment after seven hours dealing with people with a sense of entitlement.

Apologies, it wasn't meant to be smug. I'm on your side, I deal with people every day with that sense of entitlement & I'm sick of it. I've been drinking, so I'm sorry if it came across badly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Apologies, it wasn't meant to be smug. I'm on your side, I deal with people every day with that sense of entitlement & I'm sick of it. I've been drinking, so I'm sorry if it came across badly.

No problem had a few drinks myself, probably overly sensitive.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Thanks for doing what you're doing, I know it can't be easy... especially with arseholes being arseholes. On a positive note though today you've help vaccinate 750+ people which leads us one step closer out of this shit, one step closer to the end of his thread and one step closer to the next glastonbury. You're one of the many heroes who've stepped up during this.

• Upvote 1