When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Yup

It’s a great point about the ‘precautionary principle.’ That simply isn’t how we live. There’s also a scary shift in how people view the relationship between Government and the people. Too many getting used to the idea that their rights and freedoms are the Governments to dole out as the Government sees fit, when it should be about the Government proving why they need restrictions. Unfortunately too many on the left, or actual Liberals, are sleeping on this.

9 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It’s a great point about the ‘precautionary principle.’ That simply isn’t how we live. There’s also a scary shift in how people view the relationship between Government and the people. Too many getting used to the idea that their rights and freedoms are the Governments to dole out as the Government sees fit, when it should be about the Government proving why they need restrictions. Unfortunately too many on the left, or actual Liberals, are sleeping on this.

Well it's signed into law til September that this is exactly the case (and clearly to be extended to next March because they'll need those powers over winter, when I'm sure some variants of concern will be put to the media around vote time to extend it further). They may lift parts of lockdown but they will never give back the emergency powers 

People's fear will keep going long beyond the vaccination program

Edited by efcfanwirral

I noticed something yesterday - now that cases are down so much I'm not as stringent about sanitising every few minutes in the supermarket and the masks have become 100% about following the rules, not about making myself feel better/protected 

If I'm feeling this complacent, and I've been very good throughout this, I can imagine its very widespread

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

isn't that article/tweet complaining about vaccine passports for pubs etc?

I can't see the point myself. Everyone will be vaccinated by the summer anyway...well, maybe not everyone but certainly enough. If individual pubs want to do it, fair enough...but don't have to make it a national requirement everywhere imo. 

My workplace was like a scrum for the last hour .... next week is a disaster waiting to happen ...everyone now out and about with the jabs protecting them ... including all the shielders from mon ... oh fuck we can’t go shopping anywhere else let’s all pile to supermarket ... probably going to be safer to open non essential retail now than have everyone crammed together in supermarkets 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My workplace was like a scrum for the last hour .... next week is a disaster waiting to happen ...everyone now out and about with the jabs protecting them ... including all the shielders from mon ... oh fuck we can’t go shopping anywhere else let’s all pile to supermarket ... probably going to be safer to open non essential retail now than have everyone crammed together in supermarkets 

Yes, we're at the point now here in London where there's clear 'pressure points' because people want to be out and about but we've not quite reached the official date yet. Outdoor markets are packed, parks rammed, supermarkets too.

These places function at normal capacity when society is spread out with thousands of different things to do and options to spend your time, but totally bottleneck when only a few are available.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

Yes, we're at the point now here in London where there's clear 'pressure points' because people want to be out and about but we've not quite reached the official date yet. Outdoor markets are packed, parks rammed, supermarkets too.

These places function at normal capacity when society is spread out with thousands of different things to do and options to spend your time, but totally bottleneck when only a few are available.

This upcoming week is going to be challenging ... Easter Thursday is the busiest single day for supermarkets ... we have started to see a slight drop in online orders now ... when normally they would be increasing ... those orders that have dropped off will be mean increased footfall ... and I don’t think many are doing the queuing thing now ... 

47 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I noticed something yesterday - now that cases are down so much I'm not as stringent about sanitising every few minutes in the supermarket and the masks have become 100% about following the rules, not about making myself feel better/protected 

If I'm feeling this complacent, and I've been very good throughout this, I can imagine its very widespread

i yhink hospital ae getting a bit complacent