When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

And going back to our own situation, if vaccine passports are coming in when everyone has been offered one, it still makes no logical sense to open everything up on 21st June without them, then make them required. How come it's safe then to do things without proof of vaccine then you suddenly need it a couple of months later?

Unless the idea is testing for everyone regardless of vaccine status then it moves over to vaccine status? I think they've invested heavily in lateral flow tests so that's how they could get their returns

Edited by efcfanwirral

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I wonder how well it will go down with the public in Germany, as in are they supportive of such measures or are they now thinking the opposite?

Public has always been rather supportive there I think. But also her ratings are declining now. I think that people like here are already getting tired of all these hold out slogans and opening up/closing down now. Everything there around covid is more a thing of the experts, especially the Robert Koch Institute which has gained much influence. The main expert (Christian Drosten) has his own podcast where he talks about Lockdowns and also the AZ vaccine every few days. Merkel simply does what the experts tell her to do. But she already admitted that she has totally lost control of the situation which was honest, but not a good sign for trust. And she also fears the right wings like Afd which support demonstrations or even violence against all these measures and those get more and more potential out of the people who are getting tired und unsatisfied with all the measures.

10 minutes ago, StuMalinas said:

So because I don’t agree with people that means I need sectioning.... 

I don't agree with a lot of people in here, but I don't go sniping at them and sending them nasty messages.

Edited by km9

Just now, km9 said:

I don't agree with a lot of people in here, but I don't go sniping at that and sending them nasty messages.

It was a joke... if you lived in the same town as me and punk you would understand there is a perceived prestige between CK and the rest of the town 

2 hours ago, StuMalinas said:

Not a nice comment to make about someone who got so u well they were sectioned to keep them safe 

It is a relevent comment though, you have previous for coming on here and making stuff up, so it's worth reminding people that you are a proven bullshitter and so dramatic claims you make like how 6 of your family have passed away from COVID or that you were sectioned should possibly be taken with a pinch of salt.

27 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Hi all, hope you’re all well, long time without posting.

When it was first published, did anyone else expect the daily new infection volume to drop lower than 5k by now (~1st March we were first provided this figure)?

If we were testing schools, I guess we’d probably be around 3k positive tests a day at this stage. 
I think around 6k with the mass testing of school pupils is actually a pretty good result. 

29 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It is a relevent comment though, you have previous for coming on here and making stuff up, so it's worth reminding people that you are a proven bullshitter and so dramatic claims you make like how 6 of your family have passed away from COVID or that you were sectioned should possibly be taken with a pinch of salt.

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME SO YE I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY..... BLOCKED 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Government tell Steve Baker that they are drawing up plans to give 24 hour immunity passports to unvaccinated individuals who pass two LFTs three days apart. Smart move.

24 hours - that's festivals being told they're happening with a lot less of their audience than expected...or not at all 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

This is specifically for pubs. Camping festivals will no doubt have a different set up.

I get you but if the government are saying its only "safe" with a 24 hour window then I'd be surprised if they allowed festivals to make their own rules 

It had better only be one dose needed to avoid this though

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I get you but if the government are saying its only "safe" with a 24 hour window then I'd be surprised if they allowed festivals to make their own rules 

It had better only be one dose needed to avoid this though

I bloody hope so. It's fine for me as I'm getting my second dose in a couple of weeks, but I'll be absolutely raging if my friends can't do anything fun this summer while the elderly and vulnerable people who got us into this mess are swanning around doing whatever they like.