When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, steviewevie said:

yeah, probably...I mean I don't particularly just want to debate and argue with rightwing knobheads all the time...people naturally have friends with similar opinions...so if you don't mind...off to my ignore list you go with your fishy friend.

Haha! Tada Steven - I’ll see you at the events meet for a cider

1 minute ago, StuMalinas said:

Because the vulnerable are vaccinated. 

Well I wasn't really expected a reasoned reply so I'm not disappointed.

In Manaus they achieved something like a 76% herd immunity rate by natural means (which involved digging lots of mass graves but that's by the by) and still had a a deadly second wave which affected many of the so called less vulnerable (and more mass graves) and gave rise to the Brazil variant. So if what you want is the possibility of a new vaccine defeating variant then hell yeah lets let it rip.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...actually thought it would have gone up more....

Indeed, we are still doing really well which means we can press ahead with the next stage, rule of 6 outside just in time for Easter. Things are getting better slowly but surely 😀

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

They don't come from the EU - they come from the private companies we paid.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that we magnanimously donate vaccines to EU countries for free.

Any vaccines that we send would go to the people who work in these private companies that we paid and their families etc. You can't vaccinate an organisation.

36 minutes ago, northernringo said:

This thread used to be a great resource for people on here.

It had discussions on breaking news around the world, variants, vaccines, covid statistics & trends, debate on when things would return to normal, and then experts such as @Toilet Duckgiving us an 'insider' viewpoint as someone who works in this area.

Now it is a complete shit show with tribal politics and childish fighting filling each and every page.

Thank god the other threads in this forum are starting to show signs of life again with recent announcements, etc.

Nice summary I wish it could get back to what it used to be.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

If I buy a TV from China - I don't send the Chinese's workers a TV to say thanks ?  

Which is what I said - we buy stuff made in the EU, in this case vaccines and materials, and they buy stuff from us, vaccines and materials. It's called trade and I thought we were a trading nation.