When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I have had this comment before - "it's the war" (paraphrase).

What does “WW2/British Empire/War Crimes” and the specific focus on Germany being humble about history, have to do with the current events (or more specifically, the comment you were replying to – the German Easter lockdown)?

I am afraid you are not being clear here – apologies as you are confusing me.

“You would have thought the Germans knew all about being humble to history …”

I have given you the courtesy of quoting the entire back-history of this comment, and my questions relating to it.  I would appreciate it if you could explain, clearly, what it was you were trying to say. 

@Barry Fish is being all 2 world wars and 1 World Cup @EasyUserName is being far too eloquent.

I'm not sure who annoy me the most, the ones who post shit or the ones who reply to the shit knowing it's shit that they're going to get replied with from the original shit that posted the shit. 

As Martin says "Shitting shit on it"

• Upvote 2

Just now, OG said:

@Barry Fish is being all 2 world wars and 1 World Cup @EasyUserName is being far too eloquent.

I'm not sure who annoy me the most, the ones who post shit or the ones who reply to the shit knowing it's shit that they're going to get replied with from the original shit that posted the shit. 

As Martin says "Shitting shit on it"

Apologies OG.  Sometimes, I feel something needs calling out.  The problem here is that I want Barry to "own" his comment.  It was (I feel) intentionally vague, a "Daily Mail" style comment designed to annoy.  I get that. 

Well, “own it” then. 

The real problem I have here is cultural.  I *think* I understand his trolling, but I would like him to spell it out to me so I can be sure I understand it. 

As seen though, he will not “own” his comment, and will not explain it.

Disappointing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zahidf said:

14 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

UK - Christmas 2020 - warnings from history...

You would of thought the Germans knew all about being humble to history...

More planes about to fall out of the sky sadly...

11 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

I am sorry but you lost me with this comment.  Why would the Germans be humble to history over anyone else?

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Well I think us Brits and Germans probably want to be more mindful of past behaviours than lets say Sweden.  Can't think why....

1 hour ago, EasyUserName said:

Hi Barry, I am sorry to keep asking for clarity, but I still do not understand your comment.

Why would the Germans know all about being humble to history?  I do not understand your reply about how “us Brits and Germans” want to be more mindful than the Swedes. 

I do not want to upset you, but it would be helpful if you could be clearer. 

Could I also clarify the “more planes about to fall out of the sky” comment?  What is this in reference to? 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Buy a history book or spend more time listening in School in the morning in regards to the first comment.  WW2 / British Empire / War Crimes and so on is all the help you are getting.

On the second point, its in relation to the current daily covid death toll.  Sleep well x

39 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

I have had this comment before - "it's the war" (paraphrase).

What does “WW2/British Empire/War Crimes” and the specific focus on Germany being humble about history, have to do with the current events (or more specifically, the comment you were replying to – the German Easter lockdown)?

I am afraid you are not being clear here – apologies as you are confusing me.

“You would have thought the Germans knew all about being humble to history …”

I have given you the courtesy of quoting the entire back-history of this comment, and my questions relating to it.  I would appreciate it if you could explain, clearly, what it was you were trying to say. 

32 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

lol no 🙂 

Fair enough.

I have seen people block you today, people complain about the content of your posts.  I sought to engage you, to allow you to demonstrate the content of your comments.

I will not be blocking you myself, but I am dissapointed.  You post a lot.  A lot of content.  A lot with a statement, meaning.  It is a shame that you will not stand by it, and it ... diminishes ... your contribution. 

I will still read your contribution, but ... with less interaction.  As I say, a shame. 

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Global pandemic ... seems to get forgotten at times ... bloody nightmare that we have continuing increased issues with vaccines available 

The numbers are horrific, their president should be facing prison. What's surprised me is how long this outbreak burns on for-I always assumed if you went for this insane approach it would have gone through the population in a few months, but instead it's been a year and looks endless. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

The numbers are horrific, their president should be facing prison. What's surprised me is how long this outbreak burns on for-I always assumed if you went for this insane approach it would have gone through the population in a few months, but instead it's been a year and looks endless. 

The initial imperial model said the pandemic would be over by September 2020 if no measures were applied but with 500,000 deaths in the UK and peak healthcare demand being 30 times higher than capacity. 

Brazil, from speaking to colleagues in Rio, has basically not employed any legal measures, but many individuals are choosing to be careful off their own back, and that has slowed the spread slightly compared to a completely unmitigated epidemic. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah and still scary worldwide ... it shows the need for an end to bickering on all sides and get the jabs to those that need them most ... it seems like a rolling issue until then 😞 

I hope we get a decent outcome from these talks the next couple of days. At this stage I’d be in favour of EU taking extra supply of vaccines. If it means UK under 40s wait a bit longer for their first dose but allows the EU to catch up, I’d happily wait until later in the summer for mine. We’ve known this all along, but “it’s not over until it’s over everywhere” has really crystallised in recent weeks. The priority should be reducing the damage of this third wave as much as possible. I won’t die of Covid if I get it, so yes please do give my vaccine to a older person in Germany! Global deaths are equally important to UK deaths at the end of this thing.

Some of the EU countries really do need to go on a marketing blitz to big up the AZ shot though. We need Macron on live tele drinking a pint of it or something.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Isn’t it also possible that whilst the virus is so prevalent in a country like it is in Brazil it can mutant to become slightly if not more resistant to the vaccines?

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not much of a choice - why don't they have the balls to just mandate it?

More business for the testing companies - weekly tests for all staff, done privately

Wonder if they'll have a Serco team going round to check businesses have been ensuring everyone scans in?

Will fall to the local authorities. 

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

I hope we get a decent outcome from these talks the next couple of days. At this stage I’d be in favour of EU taking extra supply of vaccines. If it means UK under 40s wait a bit longer for their first dose but allows the EU to catch up, I’d happily wait until later in the summer for mine. We’ve known this all along, but “it’s not over until it’s over everywhere” has really crystallised in recent weeks. The priority should be reducing the damage of this third wave as much as possible. I won’t die of Covid if I get it, so yes please do give my vaccine to a older person in Germany! Global deaths are equally important to UK deaths at the end of this thing.

Some of the EU countries really do need to go on a marketing blitz to big up the AZ shot though. We need Macron on live tele drinking a pint of it or something.

But according to that guardian article, under 40s would be waiting and extra 2 months, whilst it would only speed the EU up by a week

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

How many eu lives would that save v how many lives in the U.K. would that save ? 

Yeah that’s the question. The EU obviously have to jab a helluva lot more than people than us, and if speeding them up by just a week for two means they get millions more vulnerable people vaccinated across the entire bloc while we have fit and healthy 35 year olds waiting then it’s worth it IMO. Don’t know all the figures though.

Just now, jparx said:

Yeah that’s the question. The EU obviously have to jab a helluva lot more than people than us, and if speeding them up by just a week for two means they get millions more vulnerable people vaccinated across the entire bloc while we have fit and healthy 35 year olds waiting then it’s worth it IMO. Don’t know all the figures though.

Yeah I agree, I think it would be the right thing to do if you can give more vulnerable people doses. 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How many eu lives would that save v how many lives in the U.K. would that save ? 

At their current vaccination rate? 

Also, I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting the damage caused by longer lockdowns. If you include the damage caused by that, I'd say I'd rather we vaccinated most of our population first rather than wait an extra 2 months.

My point is the issue in the EU isn't just supply. And I wouldn't be willing to wait an extra 2 months for them to faff about. Someone might sneeze after a dose and then they'll suspend it for 3 weeks!

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

At their current vaccination rate? 

Also, I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting the damage caused by longer lockdowns. If you include the damage caused by that, I'd say I'd rather we vaccinated most of our population first rather than wait an extra 2 months.

My point is the issue in the EU isn't just supply. And I wouldn't be willing to wait an extra 2 months for them to faff about. Someone might sneeze after a dose and then they'll suspend it for 3 weeks!

damage to the economy ? of which we still have an opening up plan ..... damage to mental health of which we will soon be able to meet friends and family once again .... the EU need supplies to be able to push the vaccine programmes ... no point having a big push and then saying sorry we cant deliver .... some of those held supplies do we know they arent held for second doses ? ..... our numbers of 1st doses will drop right down soon because some doses will be kept for second jabs 

36 minutes ago, jparx said:

Fair enough but what's the point if its going to sit in a fridge