When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

54 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

But they are all wearing magic masks ? What's gone wrong? 🤔

They're not wearing them because anti-mask parents realised it was legally unenforceable, so 50% of students aren't bothering... 

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I know we have a few frequent flyers in here...

I’d love to go abroad but I’m kinda ok with sacking it off for the rest of the year in return for domestic normality.

Shame for those with family and friends abroad though. Perhaps they could make visiting loved ones an exemption. 

36 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’d love to go abroad but I’m kinda ok with sacking it off for the rest of the year in return for domestic normality.

Shame for those with family and friends abroad though. Perhaps they could make visiting loved ones an exemption. 

Yeah this is where I am with it- based on previous government behavior I thought there was a possibility that events at home could end up being traded for international travel. Hopefully not the case now. Maybe they've realised the furlough for events/nightlife is more expensive than helping the airline industry...

Edited by efcfanwirral

51 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah this is where I am with it- based on previous government behavior I thought there was a possibility that events at home could end up being traded for international travel. Hopefully not the case now. Maybe they've realised the furlough for events/nightlife is more expensive than helping the airline industry...

Depends if they bother to help the Aviation and Travel industries or just go ‘well you’ve got Furlough, that’s enough’ like they have done previously. On a lot of levels (Civil Liberties aside) it makes sense to just say ‘no, not this year’ and prop those industries up. But I doubt that’s the way they’ll go, they’ll fudge it somehow.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The shit is ending for efests cos advertising revenues are back to about normal.

Thats awesome news and encouraging/interesting that advertising is picking up, do you know what sort of businesses are resuming advertising again, looks like confidence is returning

15 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Wasn’t the next update always April 5? They said they’d give a weeks notice of planned changes.

They'll give a week's notice if the reopenings are going ahead, e.g. we will know on easter Monday where pub gardens, gyms and shops are opening the following week.

The review of international travel is something different.